Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Shredder's Concave Spacers

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 7th, 2009, 15:02   #91
turok_t

Hey I have a question. I have turned my hop up COMPLETELY off and when I shoot outside, sometimes the bb will shoot straight, but other times, it curves to the left. Any idea why this is happening and how I can rectify this problem?
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 19:01   #92
Skladfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Hey I have a question. I have turned my hop up COMPLETELY off and when I shoot outside, sometimes the bb will shoot straight, but other times, it curves to the left. Any idea why this is happening and how I can rectify this problem?
it's probably not turned all the way off. even if the hop up setting is technically off, the rubber "bump" is big enough to still have some hop up present inside the barrel.

one of the way to counter this problem is to buy a Neo Strike Chamber, or just another hop up rubber that doesnt have such a big bump haha.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 19:10   #93
turok_t

Well, when I was changing the rubber bucking a while ago, i peeped inside the inner barrel to see if the nubbing was protruding in the barrel when the hop up was turned off. The inner barrel was completely cleared.

Today when I was shooting outside, I think i knew what the problem is. I think its because there is a slight wind outside that may have shifted the bb to the left side during the middle to the end of its flight trajectory. Im guessing it shifted to the left during this period since part of its velocity has dissipated during its flight, and thus, was subjected to the force of the wind. When I shoot indoors, the bb doesnt shift to the left. This may also be because i shoot closer indoors compared to outdoors which doesnt give the bb enough distance to shift.

Correct me if im wrong, but this is just based on my hypothesis and my 67% in first year physics..
Old October 8th, 2009, 19:16   #94
Skladfin

well if it's towards the end of the flight path, and is consistently veering off to the left, then that could be wind.

Or you could just check the direction of the wind LOL

Last edited by Skladfin; October 8th, 2009 at 19:22..
Old October 8th, 2009, 19:49   #95
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
well if it's towards the end of the flight path, and is consistently veering off to the left, then that could be wind.

Or you could just check the direction of the wind LOL
Skladfin, ure always on here!! Well, thanks for replying. Ill be doing a full tune up to my gun anyways so well see what happens after all upgrades have been in place
Old October 8th, 2009, 19:52   #96
tunabreath

Quick tip: you can cant your gun into the wind and the hop up will balance it, giving you a good straight shot (provided wind is the issue, but a neat trick you can apply in wind anytime)
Old October 8th, 2009, 20:15   #97
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunabreath View Post
Quick tip: you can cant your gun into the wind and the hop up will balance it, giving you a good straight shot (provided wind is the issue, but a neat trick you can apply in wind anytime)
Shhhhh

That's a sniper's secret.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 20:52   #98
turok_t

whats "cant" ? Cant your gun?
Old October 8th, 2009, 21:49   #99
Primus
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Primus
tilt it sideways

Gray Fox Strategic - @grayfoxstrategic on Facebook / Instagram
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 14:16   #100
Azathoth

Tys

The SCS unit replaced the rubber buffer nub in the hop up unit.

I do recommend washing rubber even if they are new, and when you clean your gun, clean the rubber AND YOUR BARREL. You get a build up of silicon oil dirt and crap from both the environment and from your BBs. If you are shooting soft rubber it the gunk build up seems to be worse

BB's are not clean. For an experiment. take a new bag of BBs and put them in a bowl with some water, toss the BB's like a salad and wash them, drain the water into a glass. Yummy... Do it again with dish soap...

PS I have more units in stock, going very fast. If you have PM'ed me in the past I have already replied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
How long is your barrel? Do you still have the little brass ring inside your hopup unit? It's very common for your inner barrel not be to straight or within your outer barrel. Try using teflon tape or something as a barrel spacer between near the end of your inner barrel. You may find that your BB's will now consistently hook to X direction. Consistent is better than not consistent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 15:26   #101
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
Tys

The SCS unit replaced the rubber buffer nub in the hop up unit.

I do recommend washing rubber even if they are new, and when you clean your gun, clean the rubber AND YOUR BARREL. You get a build up of silicon oil dirt and crap from both the environment and from your BBs. If you are shooting soft rubber it the gunk build up seems to be worse

BB's are not clean. For an experiment. take a new bag of BBs and put them in a bowl with some water, toss the BB's like a salad and wash them, drain the water into a glass. Yummy... Do it again with dish soap...

PS I have more units in stock, going very fast. If you have PM'ed me in the past I have already replied.

How long is your barrel? Do you still have the little brass ring inside your hopup unit? It's very common for your inner barrel not be to straight or within your outer barrel. Try using teflon tape or something as a barrel spacer between near the end of your inner barrel. You may find that your BB's will now consistently hook to X direction. Consistent is better than not consistent.
Hey Azathoth, yeah, the brass O ring is used a spacer between the inner barrle and hop up. Its nice and snuggly fit inside. Sometimes when i fire, the bb's will drift slightly to the left. Maybe i should make a video and show you guys to better explain myself.
Old October 10th, 2009, 17:16   #102
turok_t

okay, so i got around in filming 2 videos shown below this afternoon. As you can see, the bb doesnt hit the same spot each time. The bb can be seen to swerve to the side or shoot lower or higher. What do you guys think?

Old October 10th, 2009, 17:21   #103
Skladfin

rear sight adjustment
Old October 10th, 2009, 17:25   #104
turok_t

oh no no no, the camera was just on the side.. its nothing to do with the rear sight. The gun was zeroed in properly. As you can see the bb's trajectory is not consistent.
Old October 10th, 2009, 17:26   #105
Amos

Nothing really looked that wrong there... That looks pretty much how a standard airsoft gun shoots..

If you wanna make it better, throw a Prometheus tightbore in there... and upgrade the airseal parts.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications