Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Year Of The GBBR....or just a stinky smell that's passing through...

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 9th, 2009, 02:09   #151
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
$500 USD = $1250 Can.

Airsoft math in case our forgot about that on your "vacation".
Well i wouldn't say its that high.

I got a brand new AGM M4 for $500. Bolt is $300 (for ra-tech, sources telling me they will have competitions at 50% off), G&P parts are $100 (if even that).

Give it 6 month, and you'll find AGM M4's for $300.

For next summer, i'm 90% sure we will have full metal, fully gamable GBBR for under $1000 CAD landed at your door.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 02:20   #152
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
his was probably 2008, since his last trader rating was last year, 09 just release like 1.5 weeks ago.
I had an 09 thank you and trader rating here means jack all when most people do not leave feedback not to mention the fact people can you know travel, by the way the one I used did not impress enough for me to spend the $ to have it here. So far it is all a sit and wait situation for GBBR's here in my eyes.

_/|

Last edited by Tex; September 9th, 2009 at 02:38..
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 02:52   #153
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I had an 09 thank you and trader rating here means jack all when most people do not leave feedback not to mention the fact people can you know travel, by the way the one I used did not impress enough for me to spend the $ to have it here. So far it is all a sit and wait situation for GBBR's here in my eyes.
09 came out like 2 weeks ago...
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 03:02   #154
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
09 came out like 2 weeks ago...
and... again yet another useless post from ronan. Do you honestly think the only people posting on this forum are only in Canada 100% of their life? people travel bud, people get things before your daddy can buy them for you get over it.

_/|
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 03:44   #155
El Cactus Loco

oh snap...

one thing i will say for the WE is how i love that the user community has really embraced the design, both on gasguns and on the WE M4 wiki. people are helping each other out, designing new parts and manufacturing/selling small batches, even modding RS parts to fit (charging handle, etc). i dont know if the same can be said for WA but i really like the way the WE is supported, both by the manufacturer and the community... WE staff actually look on forums and make suggestions/listen to customer feedback. i would buy one simply for this fact. it shows that the manufacturer is committed to their design and stands behind it. they are able to admit when their design is flawed and do everything they can to erase the problem, and supply backward upgrade kits as well as implementing the improvements into new guns. amazing, really and something i really havent seen in airsoft.
El Cactus Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 07:41   #156
m102404
Tys

Brad (McGuyver)...if my take of you is correct...you'll want the WE AWSS. Function, specs and I suspect the best out-of-box reliability (relative to what's out there now) for your $. You can always pay more to get the tricked/tuned out modded versions (i.e. G&P/Ino)...but shy of that, I think WE has the edge.

Griffin came over last night and we mucked about with his WE SCAR. FUCK ME that's a solid rifle. I was very impressed by it. The WE SCAR nozzle is definitively a different shape than the WE AWSS. BUT...I'm sorry, I didn't take his nozzle apart (we'd just met an it's not polite to rip someone's baby apart on the first date!)...so the floating valves may/may not be similar. Since, from I could see, the WE/RATech NPAS system really is just contained in the floating valve...you might be able to just pop the floating valve into the AWSS nozzle and tune it that way. Doubt it though...I suspect the floating valve is larger in diameter than the AWSS.

Having thought more about it...I wonder if the section of the hopup that receives the nozzle (the bass "tube" that is visible when the bolt is racked back) can be swapped out between the SCAR and the AWSS. They look similar...and the piston body head diameter appears to be the same. Otherwise, the hopup assembly appears to be the same between the two models. If that's possible...it might be an interesting option for modding the power level of the AWSS.

It was getting late and I had to pack it in for the night. We'll do some more testing later.

WE SCAR = winner. If you like the SCAR's looks...you'll want this one. I'm NOT a fan of the SCAR's looks...and still I offered to buy his at least twice last night cash in hand

400fps on the button with the rod screwed in all the way.

Mags are obviously interchangeable. Fit and finnish is very good. Fiber plastic where it's plastic. Rails are cut sharp...nicked my knuckle when racking the bolt.

On a further note with the AWSS...if you take the front end apart you'll notice that there is an o-ring ahead of the barrel...squished between that and the delta ring. When I swapped on a different RAS system I removed the o-ring and used standard "AEG" barrel shimms to get things spaced out right. Twice now...after retightening and multiple mags...the outer barrel has "loosened". So I think that some give/play is necessary there to mitigate wear and excessive strain. I'll reassemble again with the o-ring in place and see if that doesn't setup a little better.

Tys

Last edited by m102404; September 9th, 2009 at 09:29..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:00   #157
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Brad (McGuyver)...if my take of you is correct...you'll want the WE AWSS. Function, specs and I suspect the best out-of-box reliability (relative to what's out there now) for your $. You can always pay more to get the tricked/tuned out modded versions (i.e. G&P/Ino)...but shy of that, I think WE has the edge.

Griffin came over last night and we mucked about with his WE SCAR. FUCK ME that's a solid rifle. I was very impressed by it. The WE SCAR nozzle is definitively a different shape than the WE AWSS. BUT...I'm sorry, I didn't take his nozzle apart (we'd just met an it's not polite to rip someone's baby apart on the first date!)...so the floating valves may/may not be similar. Since, from I could see, the WE/RATech NPAS system really is just contained in the floating valve...you might be able to just pop the floating valve into the AWSS nozzle and tune it that way. Doubt it though...I suspect the floating valve is larger in diameter than the AWSS.

Having thought more about it...I wonder if the section of the hopup that receives the nozzle (the bass "tube" that is visible when the bolt is racked back) can be swapped out between the SCAR and the AWSS. They look similar...and the piston body head diameter appears to be the same. Otherwise, the hopup assembly appears to be the same between the two models. If that's possible...it might be an interesting option for modding the power level of the AWSS.

It was getting late and I had to pack it in for the night. We'll do some more testing later.

WE SCAR = winner. If you like the SCAR's looks...you'll want this one. I'm NOT a fan of the SCAR's looks...and still I offered to buy his at least twice last night cash in hand

400fps on the button with the rod screwed in all the way.

Mags are obviously interchangeable. Fit and finnish is very good. Fiber plastic where it's plastic. Rails are cut sharp...nicked my knuckle when racking the bolt.

On a further note with the AWSS...if you take the front end apart you'll notice that there is an o-ring ahead of the barrel...squished between that and the delta ring. When I swapped on a different RAS system I removed the o-ring and used standard "AEG" barrel shimms to get things spaced out right. Twice now...after retightening and multiple mags...the outer barrel has "loosened". So I think that some give/play is necessary there to mitigate wear and excessive strain. I'll reassemble again with the o-ring in place and see if that doesn't setup a little better.

Tys
lol every time I read someone saying WE is good (no offence) I remember the 240 pages at arnies and how 3/4 is "ZOMG my gun broke how to I fix it?[/I]"
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:19   #158
m102404
Tys

No offense taken at all. PLEASE help by elaborating/summarizing. I've read through lots of the GasGun forum...I'm still trying to get through the Arnie's thread (it f*cking retarded to have such a long thread...it's impossible to figure out what's what in a single pass).

We're the issues related to the Gen/Ver1 of the WE? Or 2nd gen?

I've read a bit about the AWSS issues (and subsequently lots of following posts) regarding:
- little plate that covers the hammer housing
- modding the valve for FPS
- selector breakage
- little pin thingy that sticks out in the hammer/trigger assembly

No nails in the coffin though....but I haven't personally experienced any issues with mine yet.

I'll go read Arnie's thread again. I'll start from the most recent post and go backwards.

Tys
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:27   #159
kullwarrior

Quote:
No offense taken at all. PLEASE help by elaborating/summarizing. I've read through lots of the GasGun forum...I'm still trying to get through the Arnie's thread (it f*cking retarded to have such a long thread...it's impossible to figure out what's what in a single pass).

We're the issues related to the Gen/Ver1 of the WE? Or 2nd gen?

I've read a bit about the AWSS issues (and subsequently lots of following posts) regarding:
- little plate that covers the hammer housing
- modding the valve for FPS
- selector breakage
- little pin thingy that sticks out in the hammer/trigger assembly

No nails in the coffin though....but I haven't personally experienced any issues with mine yet.

I'll go read Arnie's thread again. I'll start from the most recent post and go backwards.

Tys
From what I know Gen 1 has outer and inner problems
Gen 2 has shoot operation problems
Gen 3 still has problem but a lot less than 1 & 2.

If you want to go with a WE go Gen 3 with CO2 nozzle heard those are better.
and good luck with reading arnies. that place is filled with noobs who don't read before posting (that is why ppl have to reiterate where to buy WE, how to fix this and that thousands of times)
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:37   #160
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:

Aww, why did you have to go and say that.... I've been eyeing a SCAR for a while.

WTB WE SCAR
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:39   #161
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Aww, why did you have to go and say that.... I've been eyeing a SCAR for a while.

WTB WE SCAR
theres one available with the custom order... its alot cheaper than what people are offering
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:46   #162
m102404
Tys

I just read the last 5 pages of that thread....and there's 3 decent posts . "problem" with that thread is that a lot of the issues/fixes are guesses. This worked for me...so try it on yours...type of thing.

I suppose by starting off at the AWSS CO2-ready version I've skipped most all (all?) gen 1/2 issues. I'm chopping the odd BB, and jams are a drop rifle switch to secondary thing...but I kind of think might be the bag of BBs. I'll try another brand of fresher BBs next.

Onwards...
Old September 9th, 2009, 11:47   #163
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post

WTB WE SCAR
You'll want to wait a few months for the new gen of WE SCARs to filter through the distribution channels. 1st gen WE SCARs has a notable rate of hinge plate failure on CO2, so they're now being updated with a steel-reinforced version.
Old September 9th, 2009, 11:59   #164
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
You'll want to wait a few months for the new gen of WE SCARs to filter through the distribution channels. 1st gen WE SCARs has a notable rate of hinge plate failure on CO2, so they're now being updated with a steel-reinforced version.

Yeah.. I'n not in a hurry

I need to build a second gun rack anyway....
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 12:31   #165
m102404
Tys

From the looks of the hinge plate that I saw yesterday (it was a Gen 1 SCAR, propane ready but plastic hinge plate)...if all they're going to do is put a thin steel plate on that piece to take/distribute the shock load from the recoil guide...then you can just do that yourself with a couple of bucks of metal and a grinder.

We were tossing ideas around last night as to what kind of buffer to put in there...guys are coming up with stuff like cut-offs of mouse pads, squares of metal, etc... I'm sure someone will make a Sorbo pad for it.

Tys

Last edited by m102404; September 9th, 2009 at 13:15..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion