GBB M4 Rifle / which one

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 5th, 2010, 10:25   #1
sewktbk

GBB M4 Rifle / which one

hey all,

so i just got AV'd. yay fo' meh.

I've been looking to get a GBB M4 for a while now, and no matter how much i search for reviews, videos, etc, i get mixed signals about different rifles.

I want a good full metal rifle, with a good kick to it, but i don't want to spend 1000$ on it. At least not in one chunk (i don't mind upgrading parts after purchase).

I've been wanting to go with an upgraded AGM GBB M4, but then again, some say its crap, some say its good. here are the specs :

Upgrades include:
G&P hopup, G&P Hop up chamber, rubber, and CQBR length inner barrel, G&P anti-rotation pins, G&P Front Fix Pin, G&P all metal carry handle/rear sight.

Material: Full Metal with Plastic Stock & Grip
Magazine Capacity: 50 Rounds (6mm)
Muzzle Velocity: 390-400 FPS with 0.2g BB / Top Gas
Package Includes: Gun, 2x Magazines, BB Loader, Sling, Manual & Box

575$

would this be a good buy?

i want something that will work good and not break after one use. if it breaks after a couple thousand rounds, thats in the range of acceptable for me, as i said i dont mind upgrading parts.

Can anyone experienced with this type of rifle help me out?? i need some pro input.

thanks in advance.
sewktbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:48   #2
Karloss
a.k.a. KGBB

Go for the KJW M4 GBB-R. This rifle work fine ootb and you only have to install few parts to make it perfect.

+ it's also compatible with a lot of AEG parts. A stanag mag should be release soon
Karloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:11   #3
sewktbk

i did look at it, my only concern is i have yet to find a full metal version of it in country. plus i heard contrary to what you've said that they don't have that many compatible parts on the market?
plus the bolt is very unrealistic on that rifle.

Last edited by sewktbk; May 5th, 2010 at 11:18..
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:15   #4
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *

I say go with Western Arms there pistols are amazing and so are there GBBRs but they're probably more expensive then you want to pay at once
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.
Shooting Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:18   #5
baker_Jeff

There aren't that many aftermarket internals for it yet, that part is true. But it seems to be quite the solid and reliable gun, without the need for upgrading and aftermarket parts. All of the externals can be replaced with real steel or some AEG parts as well. It looks like AEG inner and outer barrels can be used with minor modification.

Jeff

Out of the Game 04/22/16
baker_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:20   #6
sewktbk

Te WA m4 is not full metal, plastic lower receiver. The AGM is a clone of the WA, but metal lower. going with the AGM would be mean the cheap version of the WA, except i would get full metal, and would only have to replace some parts to make it as good as the WA. no?
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:26   #7
sewktbk

i have yet to hear anyone's criticism on the AGM GBB M4 i want to get. Please do so if you have constructive comments on it. Thats really the one i want to go for, it fits my price range. I just want to know the pros and cons of this rifle, to see if the pros outshine the cons.
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:31   #8
RacingManiac

The issue with AGM is bolt, magazine and internal, and none of those have been replaced in that particular one. I'd avoid it unless you plan on basically invest in the money later and replace those parts....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:36   #9
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Get a WE they are great out of the box get yourself an npas valve and more mags and you are game ready look at this thread there are quite a few of us gaming this already

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=103282

Abit of reading but lot's of great info

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=90068
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:38   #10
sewktbk

well i know the AGM hop up is weak, and thats been replaced in the one i want.So thats a good thing i guess... and yes, i dont mind investing the money later to replace stuff as i said.

what other internals have issues on the AGM?
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:39   #11
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

The appealing maybe the price at this time for the AGM, however little further down the road you will most likely require to invest a lump of cash to replace the internals. I would take a moment to evaluate the difference if you were to spend your money on something that would function out of the box and stay functioning VS something that is cheaper but may possibly require a complete internal overhaul.

Hit up google and find find all the costs of each individual required replacement part listed by Racing.

For this example I will use WA and AGM, feel free to replace WA with whatever other brand you wish.

If AGM + replacement parts < WA
-buy AGM

If AGM + replacement parts > WA
-buy WA

If AGM + replacement parts = WA
-buy WA

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:46   #12
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
well i know the AGM hop up is weak, and thats been replaced in the one i want.So thats a good thing i guess... and yes, i dont mind investing the money later to replace stuff as i said.

what other internals have issues on the AGM?
I've personally seen a AGM GBBR with all the tits and whistles replaced with brand parts and yet develop problems, the owner was so frustrated at the POS that he ended up using it as a wall hanger in his office - almost a $2000 wall hanger

Now for practicallity and gaming straight out of the box without much investment WE is still the best bang for the buck, I never thought I would be impressed at WE quality but I have to admit they really won me over. I have owned the old school JAC, ASAHI and sun project GBBR and currently I have a Inokatsu Super M4 and the WE 416 I like the 416 so much that I ended up buying the PDW from WE, by far they are the better choice if you don't want to tinker around it and spending a shit load of money on. They are built with a slightly modified proven simple gas system that don't have a million small parts, they don't break down if you properly maintain them (Like any other guns) and their mags are readily available and affordable.

Last edited by wildcard; May 5th, 2010 at 12:06..
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:53   #13
sewktbk

wildcard,

i'm beyond appreciative for you input. this is exactly the type of answer i was looking for. i'll most definitely look into the WE M4. I already own a WE 1911 full metal and i have to say i am STOKED with it.

so will look into it for sure. thanks for the tip, u tha man.

Other feedback is still welcome of course, the more debate, the more constructive!
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:57   #14
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
wildcard,

i'm beyond appreciative for you input. this is exactly the type of answer i was looking for. i'll most definitely look into the WE M4. I already own a WE 1911 full metal and i have to say i am STOKED with it.

so will look into it for sure. thanks for the tip, u tha man.

Other feedback is still welcome of course, the more debate, the more constructive!
If you are in Toronto hit up Brian M at TTAC3 or one of our games this week at CQB there will be plenty of WE rifles there, or pm Frank at velocity arms I beleive he is a WE dealer here in Toronto.
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:04   #15
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Wildcard is correct, you will NOT be dissapointed with the WE M4, best money I ever spent on this sport
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank