Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:05   #17
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy View Post
They look roughly the same, but they feel very differant
but do remember looking the same or similar does not necessarily mean they are the same firearm VZ's and AK's look quite similar but are muchos different
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:06   #18
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Tex View Post
2011 is a made-up name for a gun (or line of guns) made by STI; essentially a squared-off. chunky, futuristic looking double-stack 1911. As far as I've seen, no other "real-steel" manufacturer refers to their double-stack 1911 products as 2011s. Try Googling "2011 guns" and the first page will only reference STI or airsoft guns.

Sorry, it just bugs me, all the talk of "Hicapas" and "2011"s. These are model names for a few specific items that seem to have become catch-all terms, like Kleenex instead of facial tissue, or ***** instead of photocopier.

Mini-rant over.
Well, what would you prefer to call it? I'd rather call it a "2011" than a "hi-capa" -which is a fugly name to begin with.

Also, there's only one Mfg. that makes "2011s", and it's STI/SVI. The others (BUL, ParaOrd, Norinco, Wilson Combat, Kimber, etc) just use chunky ParaOrd style single piece frames.. So they can't necessarily be called 2011s.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:08   #19
theguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSF-Bowers View Post
but do remember looking the same or similar does not necessarily mean they are the same firearm VZ's and AK's look quite similar but are muchos different
Well, i was kinda refering to airsoft, but a stock TM High capa, and a stock TM 1911 will look basically the same, they feel quite differant however

Chinese proverb
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:09   #20
holycannoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
If you are too lazy to meet up with someone, how will you find time to get out to games? If you only want the gun to "play around with" then we are not interested in helping you unless you specify what you consider playing around.

If you want it to play in your backyard or somewhere that you might be spotted weilding a realistic replica firearm, then the answer is NO do not do it, we care about this sport, even if you do not and we do not want people exposing it to negative publicity.
I live in the middle of a 200 acre apple orchard. So yes...many people will see me. And, aren't you friendly and welcoming. I forgot why I stopped posting here, but now I remember. Figured I'd just post something useful for those of us who don't want to get age verified, but I guess not wanting to makes me a lazy slob, doesn't it?
holycannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:09   #21
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSF-Bowers View Post
Yes, but 1911s and 2011s are .... the same gun. They just use different mags/frames/etc. It's like comparing an AK74 to an AK47. Same gun, but it's only got something like 80% parts compatibility with the other.

You mentioned single action for the 1911? Well, the 2011 is also single action. The only DA 1911 is the Para LDA series (to my knowledge). And they patented the design, so it's pretty much exclusive.

EDIT: VZ58's are the shit.
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:10   #22
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

the grip on the 1911 is wayyy slimmer than on a HIcapa due to the single stack mags, I agree with Kos tho, 2011 sounds better than Hi-capa and there's no such gun in RS called a Hi-capa
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:10   #23
Bowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy View Post
Well, i was kinda refering to airsoft, but a stock TM High capa, and a stock TM 1911 will look basically the same, they feel quite differant however
right right i sorta switched into firearms mode there lol

but yes i get what your saying
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:11   #24
arman

where do you live holycannoli??

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:12   #25
Frozen Tex

"2011" is the name STI uses for their double-stack 1911s...

Like that one.

Not all double-stack 1911s have 2 piece frames...

Like Para-Ordnance, who made the first ones.

"Hi Capa" is a Tokyo Marui name, or just airsoft slang for a double-stack.

Single-action (or double-action, with Para-Ordnance's Light Double Action) with a grip safety and thumb safety? It's a 1911.

Quote:
Well, what would you prefer to call it? I'd rather call it a "2011" than a "hi-capa" -which is a fugly name to begin with.
Yeah, Kos, I suppose 2011 will have to do; like I said, "Kleenex" instead of facial-tissue. "2011" instaed of double-stack 1911.

Delenda Est Carthago

Last edited by Frozen Tex; July 20th, 2009 at 03:18.. Reason: Additional Info.
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:12   #26
holycannoli

dangerously close to you Arman (I think 200 acres is a bit of an overstatement, though; maybe it's 50-100 - the orchards are broken into pieces scattered all around here).
holycannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:14   #27
Bowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
Yes, but 1911s and 2011s are .... the same gun. They just use different mags/frames/etc. It's like comparing an AK74 to an AK47. Same gun, but it's only got something like 80% parts compatibility with the other.

You mentioned single action for the 1911? Well, the 2011 is also single action. The only DA 1911 is the Para LDA series (to my knowledge). And they patented the design, so it's pretty much exclusive.

EDIT: VZ58's are the shit.
like i said brotha lack of sleep and running on caffeine throws me off my game a bit lol
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:15   #28
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycannoli View Post
I live in the middle of a 200 acre apple orchard. So yes...many people will see me. And, aren't you friendly and welcoming. I forgot why I stopped posting here, but now I remember.

This community uses the AV rule for a reason, so posting that this is "an alternative to age verification" is contradictory to that position and you "discovery" is nothing new, a simple research on your part would have revealed that to you.

Your comments about airsoft not being a serious sport also bothers me, why should I be welcoming to someone who thinks what I enjoy doing in my spare time and the reason for this very website is not serious enough for you? sorry but not everyone likes wearing puke green motocross jerseys and running around with a kidney on their gun walking their fingers on their triggers...

this is turning into a nice discussion about 1911's and 2011's so this thread has been useful afterall, thank you for posting, maybe you should post more often
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:16   #29
theguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycannoli View Post
I live in the middle of a 200 acre apple orchard. So yes...many people will see me. And, aren't you friendly and welcoming. I forgot why I stopped posting here, but now I remember. Figured I'd just post something useful for those of us who don't want to get age verified, but I guess not wanting to makes me a lazy slob, doesn't it?
The thing is, Airsoft is kinda in a grey area legally here. Therefore, unless you prove that you are over 18 (get AV'ed) we have to assume that your not. Its not that were dicks, its just that if we tell everyone whos "18, but just too lazy to get AV'ed" where to get guns, and it turns out that they are actually all 14, then they all wave the guns around on the street, and get shot by the cops who think that they are real guns, we pay for it. If something like that were to happen, airsoft would most-likely be banned in Canada.

Its not that we are flaming you for fun, or being dicks becuase were bored. Its that idiot kids have, and will continue to do retarted things, and theres a chance that we ALL will have to pay for it.

Chinese proverb
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:17   #30
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Tex View Post
"2011" is the name STI uses for their double-stack 1911s...

Like that one.

Not all double-stack 1911s have 2 piece frames...

Like Para-Ordnance, who made the first ones.

"Hi Capa" is a Tokyo Marui name, or just slang for a double-stack.

Single-action (or double-action, with Para-Ordnance's Light Double Action) with a grip safety and thumb safety? It's a 1911.
2011 still works when describing that style. Seeing as STI/SVI have the patent to it...... See, if there were a crapload of Mfgs producing that style of pistol, then, sure, It'd be like your "Kleenex vs Tissue paper" rant. However.... It's not like that.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank