Airsoft Media

Old October 27th, 2009, 22:09   #16
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbucket View Post
thanks!

http://www.air-sharp.com/customguns.htm
Here's a bunch, most of which, I do still have.

Can i buy this from you?

Droolllll.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 22:19   #17
Dart

you sir are truely the definition of an american! and I mean that in a good way. You have alot of talent there bud.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 23:06   #18
Killbucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreToasties View Post

Can i buy this from you?

Droolllll.
No. It became a desk lamp a month or two ago. It's long gone. Sorry!

And thanks!!!
Killbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:32   #19
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
Gotta say, I too am very impressed.

maybe not from this .. and probably not today... but I assure you, you will die
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:53   #20
Killbucket

thanks!

TONS more pics hitting the site over the weekend.
Old November 19th, 2009, 11:15   #21
Killbucket

Wow you're alive. Nice.

Hows it coming on?

Well, taking care of wifey and her recent cancer surgery kinda blew me off tracks. I've been getting some time in on my stereo for my truck, and cleaning shop.

Yesterday, I cleared the warehouse and stock shelves of every single "gun part" I had in inventory, and took them to the recycling center. Likewise every single fixture for making guns. Any future work will be "clean sheet" and done as prototypes only. Never again will I offer a gun for sale, period. The very LAST M2HB body goes to Wifey's MOM, for being so cool to me and her.

I have two heavily-engraved 1919 bodies I saved from the dumpster, and they'll be wrapped up for now and shelved. All current "minigun" parts also bit it, I decided to focus on "new work" there also.

I still have the advanced versions of the Shrike here, also saved from demise. the CoffinLoader WILL get finished out, and set up as a CQB gat.

The MacGlashan copy is getting the barrel and mount added, I have a few small parts to run on the CNC to complete it, and then it becomes a permanent fixture in my yard, complete with AC power supply-powered ammo drive and converter.

You shoulda seen the faces while I shoveled this stuff out at the "dump"...shock and awe are the only words to describe it, as all work in the yard HALTED, while dudes scoured through my debris. I won't be surprised to see a few more of my babies on EBay in Sacramento soon, HA!
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:42   #22
Killbucket

Necro Warning, Zombies!

Well, she somehow managed to Bork it up, and it's kaput...she says so, anyway, I'm 130 or so miles from it, so it's a bit hard to diagnose from here. Could be a BB lodged, or a jammed mag, she says it still fires.

XMas is here, so I just got off at www.airsplat.com, where I got here a spiffy new

JinGong M4. Note that it's got a full stock, with it's "no-hassle" battery inside. I hate monkeying with bitty-batts that only fit ONE particular way in a forestock...
This gun is here, and not too shabby on the price.
http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-JG-M4-6625.htm

If she's having trouble with the mag, the M4 will be a better thing for her. MP5 mags are notoriously wonky with the way they "lock" (HA) in.

I picked a shorty gun, so getting outside with it on a moments' notice won't involve being clothes-lined in a doorway.

I'll say something for the "cheaper" gun out there: the sellers don't want them back. Most of the ugly crap's left the market. If you've recently gotten a cheapie to rob parts from, or for a second gun, I'd bet you decided to put IT into use instead, "at least for a few days".
Even Aftermath stopped making plastic-poo, fer Pete's!

So, I'll get the MP back next visit, and do an Alien Autopsy on what went wrong. Nice thing about the M4, I can talk her through an entire tear-down over the phone or even online chat if needed. The MP's design is just too complex for this...

Side note, Wifey's gotten a clear bill of health after 2 surgeries for cancer (hence my Cheshire-Cat act), and I'm optimistic about some fun times to come this year.

Anyways, Merry Christmas All!

Last edited by Killbucket; December 10th, 2009 at 11:48..
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:52   #23
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Glad to hear about your wife man, hope the new year is a happy one for you.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:54   #24
m102404
Tys

Glad to hear about your missus...Merry Christmas, keep the smiles going!
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:57   #25
Killbucket

thanks!!!
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:50   #26
Killbucket

I got a passing mention on a Gun-Nut Site:

Tactical-Life.com Custom Camo For Long Distance Shooters

YAY!
Old December 23rd, 2009, 18:01   #27
Killbucket

Holiday Vacation, Time to cobble up a part or two.
I need some switch panels for the overhead going into my truck, I used my usual methodology, although this is a car part, you can pretty much make up anything you need, within reason, this way:

Draw the parts in CAD and print at 100% size (my pattern sets are saved as 100%-sized *.jpg files, by the way) on paper. I decided that square panels were boring, so I got kinda artsy-fartsy with the mount tabs.

Then I used some blue masking tape to cover my 6mm PVC scrap (I got this material just for begging a dumpster-dive at InterstatePlastics, and it is a dead-on match for vicky red, coincidentally) and then sprayed the back of my printout with Super90 Spray Adhesive.

Note that I didn't spray the masking tape- because any areas not the covered by paper would then stick to my fingers and make cutting a pain instead of a joy. (It's fun making your own stuff, when it doesn't include bloodshed).

The tape layer allows EASY removal of the CAD artwork after cutting. You could also use cheap contac paper to do this, and I have had very good results with it.

Definitely mark the hole locations in advance with a punch or similar item.
Drill bits walk around without a center mark, even on a paper surface. Also, start with a tiny drill bit, and 'pilot' all the holes first. Any error in drilling will be MUCH smaller with a small diameter bit to start. Then you can enlarge the holes later with a bigger bit, and it won't wander. That way, all the holes will line up.

The part here has just been buzzed out using a band saw:

I'll go back and sand the edges, but the saw gets vary close to begin with.
That's a second pattern on top there, waiting its turn at the knife.

Here's the panel, minus sanding. The front row of switches is test-installed at the moment. The other 16 switch positions will have standard, un-shielded toggles. Maybe... I like "Helicopter switches" a lot, and know where to get at least a dozen more.
Old December 28th, 2009, 08:33   #28
Killbucket

Side Notes fer a moment...I got a PM asking if I indeed had my own CNC.

Even though this inquirer was lucky enough to have access to a shop CNC, I could smell some spring project ideas coming on. And it got me to thinking, maybe I can save a few PM's/day...

Sorry, but I don't farm out my tinkering time any more. Life is just too short.
BUT- I DO enjoy helping with truly original projects! Show me a plan set for a gun seen ONCE on ONE episode of one of my favorite series, and I'll have to see it through, possibly without you.

-On tools...

With a ShopBot and imagination, I could do it.

With a Scroll Saw and determination, ANYBODY could do it. I made over 350 big airsoft guns, and only had one of these to work with for over a year. $99 went a lonnng way here.

Somewhere in the middle is the 9" Band saw...count fingers.

Not to forget, the "metal cutting" (HA!) band saw...count teeth left on blade.

She told me I'd "never use" this 9" x 20" lathe. It gets run nearly every day, if I'm home.

Getting the idea I like Harbor Freight? Another knuckle-hater, beware.

All-important high vacuum source/shop vac. It really sucks, and will pick up my other vacuum cleaners easily.

Roll all that together with forty thousand Band-aids, and you can make rows of similar objects. I USED to...and no longer.
If you like one of the oddball projects you've seen me making, copycatting is the only way.
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:26   #29
BlackRain

Ok I want one... most impressive work...

We are not the masks we wear, .... But when we don them we become them!
BlackRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:47   #30
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Why did you stop making those anyway?
I think I missed a page.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media