Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Brass Guard - Airsoft Protective Mask

:

General

Old February 15th, 2010, 00:07   #61
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
i would stay away from stamped steel for a mask. that stuff may look and feel tough, but it doesnt handle impacts very well.
brass mesh isnt much better, it is far too soft. stainless steel heavy gauge woven mesh is by far the best material. you can heat to to make it malleable, then temper it to make it super hard and flexible.

there is a company here in Toronto that sells different kinds of wire mesh. im going to get some stainless steel mesh in different gauges to see which would be best for airsoft.
http://www.ferrierwire.com/products.asp

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 01:40   #62
Mikhail

Here is another provider of half masks...and having just received (birthday) their goggles, can say these are quite impressive.

There is NO way you will ever penetrate this mesh...not with AS.

http://www.st6-airsoft.com/lower_mask.htm
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 02:48   #63
skalnok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo Sleeper View Post
http://www.jocairsoft.com/forums/sho...highlight=mask

Here is a link to the thread..there are few pages of everyone wanting the Russian dealie but after that there is info about Clerics creations..I have my name down for the "chops"
i just signed up but am unable to view the thread. it says it does not exist or i am not privileged to view it
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 15:44   #64
MartyK2500

hey mikhail got a link as to where i could buy these mesh half~masks.very interesting...
MartyK2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 15:49   #65
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

yea, looks nice Mikhail, you got a link on where to purchase it?
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 15:53   #66
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Still not as safe as lens masks. Harder to see through and BBs DO shatter on impact if close enough, I don't trust mesh masks.

Plus most of the local fields want Painball approved goggles which makes my CA tac goggles useless. At least they look nice
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.

Last edited by The Chad; February 20th, 2010 at 20:05..
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 16:03   #67
Gonzo Sleeper

The thread is in the general boards so should be able to see it..anyone else having this problem?
Gonzo Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 17:02   #68
MartyK2500

i will have paintball goggles,i want the lower half mask.i see the link,the pics but cant buy.
Old February 20th, 2010, 19:06   #69
MMatersk

I clicked the link and everything works fine? go to contact us and there you go.
MMatersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:00   #70
MartyK2500

Alright the way the site works,you got to send a msg in contacts then sellers emails you his paypal account.Just ordered a lower face mask,colour : black.Ill let you guys know about the comfort of wearing this...havent played yet but comfort should be obvious.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 18:33   #71
[SIK] Piér

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyK2500 View Post
Alright the way the site works,you got to send a msg in contacts then sellers emails you his paypal account.Just ordered a lower face mask,colour : black.Ill let you guys know about the comfort of wearing this...havent played yet but comfort should be obvious.
Excellent.

I'll be waiting for your review buddy.

"Don't touch what you can't grab."
[SIK] Piér is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 00:08   #72
Mikhail

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyStubby View Post
Still not as safe as lens masks. Harder to see through and BBs DO shatter on impact if close enough, I don't trust mesh masks.

Plus most of the local fields want Paintball approved goggles which makes my CA tac goggles useless. At least they look nice
Hmm...ya I don't know about not as safe. Seen paintball lenses punched through (age of lens maybe, sure). I don't trust PAINTBALL masks that I have to wear for AIRSOFT because of a fields insurance needs. Not exactly putting my safety first. And there are lots of excellent fields here which are not insured as paintball fields.

These are also been approved for several LARGE venue ops down south.

And fogged lenses that I can not see through, stumbling around in the bush is a concern both visibility-wise and safety-wise.

Just email the Bitter-end fellow, tell him which product you like, and he will respond right away with a shipping quote. Mine (and my wifes) were shipped in days.

Mines painted up MC, and I find that the mesh sits before my focal range...I think I am losing maybe 5% of my light, but zero vision. In fact, I think my vision has sharpened up a bit via pinhole effect....

.....hold it...forget everything I just said....NO I am now quite blind!...cant see anything...come closer.
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2010, 11:02   #73
MartyK2500

hey guys,i received 3 lower face bitter end face masks.
I have to say they are very well crafted,very comfortable and will definatly protect teeth/nose area.They fit good with my PB jt goggles (rest of mask torn off).
No problem whatsoever looking down the iron sights.I dont regret dealing with them and definitly will deal with them again.
The only downside is,being a metal mask,it if much more comfortable if wearing a balaclave.So i will get hot on thoses summer days.
(please dont flame my english i am trying my best)
Old March 6th, 2010, 11:25   #74
CJay

just got my samples of the russian masks today and have to say they are both awesome - all of the others are fairly flat in comparison - these ones are far more contoured to your face and the mesh i bombproof. it's also not fixed mesh - tightweave mesh which means it flexes slightly at higher velocity resulting in the BB bouncing and not shattering - tested on VSR10 with 0.2g 0.28 0.35 BB's shooting 460 with 0.2's. well worth the wait IMHO
Old March 6th, 2010, 17:20   #75
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
just got my samples of the russian masks today and have to say they are both awesome - all of the others are fairly flat in comparison - these ones are far more contoured to your face and the mesh i bombproof. it's also not fixed mesh - tightweave mesh which means it flexes slightly at higher velocity resulting in the BB bouncing and not shattering - tested on VSR10 with 0.2g 0.28 0.35 BB's shooting 460 with 0.2's. well worth the wait IMHO
Cjay, where did you order your Russian masks from? You saw Cleric's masks at the swap meet right? How would they compare? I would love to check our your masks at some point so see how they do with ESS Turbofan goggles and cheek weld.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General