Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WTF... now there's "Youth Editions"

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Closed Thread

Old May 14th, 2010, 13:47   #46
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

I knew this thread would deteriorate into a discussion about laws, how predictable asc...how predictable!
Old May 14th, 2010, 13:48   #47
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyone View Post
this is no different form what happend to paintball with young gunz witch is a turnament grade of players under 16, this will hopefully do the same for airsoft that it did for paintball, I think that IF AND ONLY IF the age varified players mentor and help usher in a new age of player, this is airsofts only hope, this is not a new thing look at england were airsoft is SO much larger they still have those lime green coloured guns, There is a solution if somone under 18 gets one of thease, they should not be able to paint it, if they paint it they cant use it policy should be upheld by the game hosts. and iam sure they will have to run seperate under 18 restricted games anywase but same should apply, the field owners should not let them play if there guns are painted... other than that, this could be such a great move for the sport, getting parents and youths alike involved and on board, lets not all jump to crush progress yet is all iam getting at.
+1, they should permanetly paint them bright green or something, and all you mentionned above is awsome! :P

BUT IMO,this is a first step to the total legalisation of airsoft in Canada.... its not a good step, but still a new step for the airsoft community....
Old May 14th, 2010, 13:52   #48
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny_McSmith View Post
+1, they should permanetly paint them bright green or something, and all you mentionned above is awsome! :P

BUT IMO,this is a first step to the total legalisation of airsoft in Canada.... its not a good step, but still a new step for the airsoft community....
No it ain't, its a marketing ploy by a greedy business that doesn't care about responsible ownership and use of airsoft, nothing more.

AND fuck having -18 games, wtf is this? I will not be at these games, airsoft's only hope? as if it is dying? AIRSOFT ISN'T DYING guys, I don't know who told you it was and that we needed new kids to come and save it, but it isn't

Children need to learn to fucking wait their turn to enjoy ADULT activities is all, I don't care how responsible they say they are or WE. I am a grown ass man playing soldier in the bush, that's bad enough without having some little fucking kidiots around me, it really takes away from the experience.
Old May 14th, 2010, 13:58   #49
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
I knew this thread would deteriorate into a discussion about laws, how predictable asc...how predictable!
Yeah, it was bound to happen. The legalities of airsoft really aren't the issue at all here. It's the fact that these guns are now being marketed to kids, which is totally legal, but rather irresponsible.

Quote:

And 1 can of Krylon will fix up the bright green in a hurry.

And airsoft IS legal in Canada. And it's legal to retail the gunswhen the guns are imported correctly. Clear / tinted receivers and frames were the first step until the Safesoft initiative got full metal opaque AEGs approved. Airsoft isn't quite as inaccessible as some may think.

Quote:
No it ain't, its a marketing ploy by a greedy business that doesn't care about responsible ownership and use of airsoft, nothing more.
+1 Totally agreed. Buyairsoft are bottom feeders.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; May 14th, 2010 at 14:00..
Old May 14th, 2010, 14:03   #50
The Saint

Quote:
What do you mean "deteriorate into a discussion about laws"? How is the thread negatively affected by setting the legal record straight?

And you're doing this with a better-than-thou attitude, no less? That makes no sense.
Old May 14th, 2010, 14:08   #51
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
What do you mean "deteriorate into a discussion about laws"? How is the thread negatively affected by setting the legal record straight?

And you're doing this with a better-than-thou attitude, no less? That makes no sense.
hehehe sorry I meant I knew where this was going, and yes I am tired of it and my attitude shows, again sorry not everyone can be as Saintly as u

Setting it straight was done on the first page, but everyone else had to chime in their legal opinion, when the law isn't even in play here, which is why I said what I said.
Old May 14th, 2010, 14:13   #52
The Saint

Indeed, this really isn't a legal issue.

I think a good way of summing things up would be: You might be able to gun-proof some kids, but you can't kids-proof all guns. Trying to invent kids-proof guns is about large scale exploitation of the youth market, not about instilling a sense of responsibility in ownership.
Old May 14th, 2010, 14:15   #53
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Indeed, this really isn't a legal issue.

I think a good way of summing things up would be: You might be able to gun-proof some kids, but you can't kids-proof all guns. Trying to invent kids-proof guns is about large scale exploitation of the youth market, not about instilling a sense of responsibility in ownership.
I can totally stand behind this statement.
Old May 14th, 2010, 14:22   #54
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:

AND fuck having -18 games, wtf is this? I will not be at these games, airsoft's only hope? as if it is dying? AIRSOFT ISN'T DYING guys, I don't know who told you it was and that we needed new kids to come and save it, but it isn't

Children need to learn to fucking wait their turn to enjoy ADULT activities is all, I don't care how responsible they say they are or WE. I am a grown ass man playing soldier in the bush, that's bad enough without having some little fucking kidiots around me, it really takes away from the experience.
yes all you say is true, but I wanted to say, that you still cant stop the young stupid underaged kids from buying airsoft guns, you just cant....
Old May 14th, 2010, 14:36   #55
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
yes all you say is true, but I wanted to say, that you still cant stop the young stupid underaged kids from buying airsoft guns, you just cant....
Which is why, this 'new' edition makes no difference and just cements the fact that buyunderagedairsoft.com is just a bunch of greedy scumbags
Old May 14th, 2010, 14:38   #56
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

haha yeah... actually IMO its CAS fault too.... lol... didnt CAS bought Buyairsoftunderagedwelcome.ca ?

and this is capitalism at its worst... :S
Old May 14th, 2010, 14:38   #57
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *

Quote:
Which is why, this 'new' edition makes no difference and just cements the fact that buyunderagedairsoft.com is just a bunch of greedy scumbags
So true pus
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.
Old June 9th, 2010, 13:18   #58
Juke16

Hmm, I think that there shoud be some sort of test/psychological assesment that the recipient of said product should take before being able to handle said "model" because not every 14 year old is immature. Most, maybe say 85% are but there is still the maybe 15% that aren't. Like what if some people have grown up around airsoft guns and know how to appropriately use them, for example, my friend who's 13, is from HK and he's played around with these all his life. He would definitely not use these things for drive bys and neither would I for one. Isn't this more of a matter of maturity rather than age, or at least proper knowledge of the laws regarding airsoft. Like before, I used to own a shitsoft gun and my friend owned an Aftermath Broxa (also a piece of shit I hear), and I played with him on the streets twice cause he told me it was legal. Then, I found ASC, then found out that I actually did something that was highly illegal, and now I don't do that anymore. btw, Since I did that, I'd like to say I'm sorry for possibly bringing harm to the overall image of airsoft in Canada.

In conclusion, I'd just like to say that it's a matter of law, knowledge, and discipline, instead of age which says who is a responsible airsofter or not.

Last edited by Juke16; June 9th, 2010 at 13:21.. Reason: Accidently posted
Old June 9th, 2010, 13:22   #59
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Maturity only factors into the equation slightly. Ive seen people over the age of 18 act like children. Maturity is easily trumped by legality as a minor cannot held responsible for their actions the same way that someone who is the age of majority can.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
Old June 9th, 2010, 16:15   #60
MillerBRo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Maturity only factors into the equation slightly. Ive seen people over the age of 18 act like children. Maturity is easily trumped by legality as a minor cannot held responsible for their actions the same way that someone who is the age of majority can.

+1 We run youth days at our field and birthday parties and we have had more irresponsible 'adults' in the last year of operations than we have had 'kids'. To be honest the 'I'm 18 so I am responsible' claim is bullshit- age doesnt factor in but maturity sure as hell does. However the kids all have parents who have signed waivers so in our case there is an adult behind the childs behaviour. The long and short for us is that people are judged on their own merits and though no under 18s have earned bannings we have started banning 'bad' adults this year..

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion