Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WTF is wrong with G&G?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 29th, 2010, 22:56   #31
Strelok

Personally, I hate the term 'beginner gun'. I think what would be more appropriate here is 'Budget gun'.

A beginner gun in my eyes is something that is a good investment, something thats worthwhile. I hate to be a broken ASC record here but getting Age verified is the best option for you. In the classifieds here, people are selling great guns for good prices, and hell, you can buy new too.

Just take the time and save up more for your first gun. You don't need it right at the very moment, winter is coming and there will be a period of non use. Why not just spend the winter working, save money and actually spend good money on good things? That being said, if you're not happy with the purchase, resale value on good guns really applies here.

Buy a G&G Crapsoft, little to no resale value, what you put up for it is outmatched by other things on the classifieds, people will just ignore it.

If 250 is strictly your budget, verification is seriously the way to go, it opens up choices for that price range that outdoes any option you have without it.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 22:58   #32
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
It is. To those that actually absorb the information.
No i ment it. lol sorry if it came off as sarcastic.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 22:59   #33
HKGhost

ask yourself this, "how long do I tend to be in this sport"? If you're gonna be playing for awhile and running hard, wouldn't you want something to last so you don't have to buy new parts or gun every year? (if it even last that long) If you're just gonna be around for a few months, buy which ever gun you like and have the budget for. Think in long terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrohair View Post
So If i want to spend around 250 i Should NOT buy the G&G AK47? It would be a begginer gun.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 23:04   #34
Paisley

What about the Pro Series? Any Difference? What about a SRC Gen3 AK?
Old September 29th, 2010, 23:15   #35
maverick5770

Send a message via MSN to maverick5770
this may help you compare G&G to SRC in a general sense

http://www.007airsoft.com/gngvssrc.htm
maverick5770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 23:31   #36
Paisley

Thanks guys youve convinced me my guns a piece of shit. I would keep if were not fro the fact that i cant put a Tactical kit on it. Luckily the SRC ak comes w/ one so im good with that. Still i have no prob with G&G i think there still good. Like i said only reason of getting rid of it is compatibility.
Old September 29th, 2010, 23:34   #37
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Thanks guys youve convinced me my guns a piece of shit. I would keep if were not fro the fact that i cant put a Tactical kit on it. Luckily the SRC ak comes w/ one so im good with that. Still i have no prob with G&G i think there still good. Like i said only reason of getting rid of it is compatibility.
Cyma are better. I have an AK74U and a AK 105 and they are ''tanks''
Never even opened up my 74u in 1 1/2 year of playing... not even to regreased it. It's an experiment I'm on to see how long it will fare without care.

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 23:45   #38
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaKaL View Post
Cyma are better. I have an AK74U and a AK 105 and they are ''tanks''
Never even opened up my 74u in 1 1/2 year of playing... not even to regreased it. It's an experiment I'm on to see how long it will fare without care.
Sadly im Not age verified and wont be for another year. Ah well. MOOOOOOOM!

:P

Also does anybody Know how to get rid of the "Krakuns ROOL,yo" from my profile its pissing me off.
Old September 29th, 2010, 23:48   #39
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Quote:
Also does anybody Know how to get rid of the "Krakuns ROOL,yo" from my profile its pissing me off.
They only way to remove a ''title'' is asking a mod very very very nicely

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 23:57   #40
theshaneler

titles are not chosen, they are earned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 00:43   #41
Paisley

Lol well this is just awesome. I think i know which one gave it to me too. Immature ass XD. He was referring to a post i was stating my opinion on the kraken on, which he disagreed with and dealt with it immaturely. Oh well I know who to ask to get it removed.
Old September 30th, 2010, 00:43   #42
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Quote:
Sadly im Not age verified and wont be for another year. Ah well. MOOOOOOOM!

:P
Sounds like another attempt at bypassing AV.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:43   #43
Kita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
Or maybe he has a reason. I don't think anyone actually expects to get around AV who has been on the board for more then a day, lol.

Thanks for this thread! I was also considering G&G and heard a lot of conflicting opinions on them. Now I understand why!
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 05:27   #44
The Thrill

Send a message via MSN to The Thrill
Quote:
Lol well this is just awesome. I think i know which one gave it to me too. Immature ass XD. He was referring to a post i was stating my opinion on the kraken on, which he disagreed with and dealt with it immaturely. Oh well I know who to ask to get it removed.
To insult the staff that did it is probably not the best way to go about getting it removed :P It's a funny title, to be honest. Learn to laugh at yourself and what you've learned and keep that little bit of embarrassment as a lesson.

Regarding the original post, G&G seem to be pretty hit and miss. That's one of the main reasons that I personally wouldn't buy one. Reliability should be one of the first things you look at when purchasing an airsoft gun (or pretty much anything else that will put you back more than a hundred bucks). Something that will last and perform well. That's one of the reasons TM is so popular, if something breaks the parts are available much easier than proprietary parts that other companies use. There are some amazing deals in the classifieds, I know you're not old enough to get AV'd and that's okay. Just do what I (and lots of other members) did: wait until you're old enough to make a serious investment. Most of the FAQs will tell you that you should expect to spend about a grand to get into the sport and from what I've seen that's a pretty reasonable estimation. If you've already got a cheap gun just use it until you're 18 and have some cash saved up for something nice.
The Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 09:05   #45
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
Do you have to troll me on every thread? No im not going to bypass AV. Im going to wait like everybody else. There are sites out there that you can buy guns off of without being AVed on ASC, but i think your smarter then that, aren't you? Stop Trolling me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thrill View Post
To insult the staff that did it is probably not the best way to go about getting it removed :P It's a funny title, to be honest. Learn to laugh at yourself and what you've learned and keep that little bit of embarrassment as a lesson.
I think it insults my intelligence. Thats why i want it removed. I don't need to ask the certain someone to get it removed, theres other sensible mods on this forum.

Last edited by Paisley; September 30th, 2010 at 09:07..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion