Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Blue writing on guns and mags?

:

USA

Old January 16th, 2011, 18:00   #1
Able1
Joeyaglr444

Blue writing on guns and mags?

I was wondering what all the blue writing is on operator's equipment is, I see it on mags, guns and silencers. Just wanted too know what the writing means
thanks in advance.

Able
It's not about the guy who doesn't call his hit. It's about the pants you're wearing and the pants you're team mate is wearing, Is it real multi cam or is it Chinese repro multi cam? I don't know but in the end it's still multicam.
Able1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 18:15   #2
ShelledPants

Rack numbers identify the operators equipment from their team mates. In airsoft, it makes it easier to identify your gear from someone else should it be removed from the gun or lost in the field. Chairsofters do it to look cool.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 18:21   #3
DEATH2000

On a rifle they will have a number, say 8, on the lower receiver and the upper receiver and all the other major parts like mags and such.. This is when they all disassemble their rifle's they all know who's parts are who's.
Old January 16th, 2011, 18:33   #4
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

Numbering and labeling your magazines allows your identify your mags when their are similar magazines around.
It also allows you to quickly identify if one of your mags is not working so you can put it aside to examine later.
Old January 16th, 2011, 18:40   #5
Able1
Joeyaglr444

That's a solid copy thanks!
It's not about the guy who doesn't call his hit. It's about the pants you're wearing and the pants you're team mate is wearing, Is it real multi cam or is it Chinese repro multi cam? I don't know but in the end it's still multicam.
Able1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 19:18   #6
-Skeletor-
Numbers are weapons are rack numbers for when they are at the CQ/SQ lockup/vault, etc It isn't an Operator thing, it is an all Military thing, SOF units, Infantry and even CSS units all do the rack number and have a marking on the weapon somewhere. All rack numbers I've seen were on the lower receiver, not on the upper. Some units/individuals may mark other weapon parts(sights, PEQs, etc) with a rack number but I wouldn't say its a common thing. On weapon parts like sights, they have serial numbers as well so you can ID your kit that way but that stuff would generally always be on your weapon anyways so not something that would easilly get mixed up with other peoples kit.

As for the comment about everyone having their weapon parts all marked so they don't get mixed up when the weapons are disassembled.. it would be a really stupid thing to get your stuff mixed up with buddy beside you... you would lay your parts down on a little section in front of you and not in the same area as the guy next to you..

Last edited by -Skeletor-; January 16th, 2011 at 21:10..
Old January 16th, 2011, 19:34   #7
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
Numbers are weapons are rack numbers for when they are at the CQ/SQ lockup/vault, etc It isn't an Operator thing, it is an all Military thing, SOF units, Infantry and even CSS units all do the rack number and have a marking on the weapon somewhere. All rack numbers I've seen were on the lower receiver, not on the upper. Some units/individuals may mark other weapon parts(sights, PEQs, etc) with a rack number but I wouldn't say its a common thing. On weapon parts like sights, they have serial numbers as well so you can ID your kit that way but that stuff would generally always be on your weapon anyways so not something that would easilly get mixed up with other peoples kit.

As for the comment about everyone having their weapon parks all marked so they don't get mixed up when the weapons are disassembled.. it would be a really stupid thing to get your stuff mixed up with buddy beside you... you would lay your parts down on a little section in front of you and not in the same area as the guy next to you..
Don't know if the bolded was aimed at me:

We have somewhere in the vicinity of 70 WE M4 mags on our team. Most of them are marked because we often throw a mag to a buddy in the field. I realize I should have clarified.

EDIT: Reread, never mind. Still, above is a good example.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 21:13   #8
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
Don't know if the bolded was aimed at me:

We have somewhere in the vicinity of 70 WE M4 mags on our team. Most of them are marked because we often throw a mag to a buddy in the field. I realize I should have clarified.

EDIT: Reread, never mind. Still, above is a good example.
Yea it was for the comment Death2000 made; marking the mags like you(and others) do is a good idea so you get your own mags back.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA