Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

RS Type56-1 Feeding problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 21st, 2010, 11:12   #1
security-101

Send a message via MSN to security-101
RS Type56-1 Feeding problem

Hey guys, didn't know where to turn to for a problem like this so I thought you great people would be my answer............Ok so I went out and scooped a Type56-1 just this weekend and picked up a 8.4V 1500 battery for the rifle, I charged the battery for the three hours or so until my charger light turned green. I installed that I should have properly and fed some BB's into the 56 Mag and I found that none of the BB's were coming out, I would bang the Mag off my hand so that the BB's were at the top of the feeding lip. I then found that only 2 or 3 of the BB's were coming out, and then none would come out.........I took the Mag off and found that 4 or 5 BB's would drop out of the Mag hole in the bottom of the rifle................

I did alot of research on the RS Type56-1 before unloading my wallet! Can anyone give me some advice towards this problem..........Thanks
security-101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2010, 11:15   #2
Amos

What BB's are you using?

The RS guns have very tight tolerances and wont feed some brands of BB.

You also need to put 2 drops of silicon oil in your magazine.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2010, 11:32   #3
Kid

Just oil your mags and all shall be fine.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2010, 22:02   #4
xaMdaM

Firstly, congrats on getting a really fine airsoft weapon. If you look after your pride and jpoy, it should give you years of good service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by security-101 View Post
....and fed some BB's into the 56 Mag and I found that none of the BB's were coming out, I would bang the Mag off my hand so that the BB's were at the top of the feeding lip. I then found that only 2 or 3 of the BB's were coming out, and then none would come out.........
Exactly how many BB's did you put in the magazine? "Just a few" might not be enough to properly feed the magazine. Often, at the end of its use, a magazine might still have some BB's in it but not enough to get sufficient spring tension in the winder. Make sure your mag is 1/2 full or more next time you test it.

I also agree with the other guys comments- sometimes the feed spring (inside the mag) sticks in places. A few drops of silicon oil keeps it moving freely. Just dont overdo it. "a little dab (or in our case, "drop") will do you.

Quote:
.........I took the Mag off and found that 4 or 5 BB's would drop out of the Mag hole in the bottom of the rifle................
This is normal.
xaMdaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2010, 22:49   #5
Kid

Off topic

I stripped the grub screw in the stock cap and it was halfway in, so I couldn't get the stock cap on my type 56-1. Couldn't get it out and just made the situation worse, so I decided to try to force it on with a clamp. I got it on with the clamp. Took it off and there was absolutely no damage done to the steel or the finish. The grub screw on the other hand was completely flattened (think railroad penny) against the inner side of the stock cap.

So yeah.... let that be a warning, don't strip the stock cap grub screw, and also, realsword steel is really nice. (I put the cap back on with superglue instead - seems like it will hold until I need it off)
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2010, 02:38   #6
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
What BB's are you using?

The RS guns have very tight tolerances and wont feed some brands of BB.

You also need to put 2 drops of silicon oil in your magazine.
Can you elaborate on which brands?
Old November 22nd, 2010, 05:31   #7
Snakebite1967

also check the feed port a misaligned mag will cause the port to crimp which will stop bb feeding
Snakebite1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2010, 07:30   #8
Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG View Post
Can you elaborate on which brands?
It would be helpfull to know the brand...i have G&Ps and there have been problems
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:15   #9
security-101

Send a message via MSN to security-101
Hey guys, thanks for all the help with my question I posted about the Type56-1, I found out that it was the bb's that were my problem. I had cheaped out on my bb's and bought them through Canadian Tire which I found out why I was getting them jammed. So I went out and pick me up some BB Bastard's bb's, and there way better!
security-101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:24   #10
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Hey guys, thanks for all the help with my question I posted about the Type56-1, I found out that it was the bb's that were my problem. I had cheaped out on my bb's and bought them through Canadian Tire which I found out why I was getting them jammed. So I went out and pick me up some BB Bastard's bb's, and there way better!
OMG! NEVER use Canadian Tire BB's! Your poor gun! :P

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:47   #11
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

Crappy Tire BBs in a RS? You just poured Colt 45 into the gas tank of your Lambo!
Old February 7th, 2011, 17:54   #12
loafing_smurf

I was about the post the same problem for my Kalash/Cybergun AK-105. I loaded about 10 BBs that I got for free from another deal.

Sounds like I have to get my hands on a pack of good quality BBs to test fire my airsoft AK-105.
loafing_smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner