Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Replica Trijicon Reflex sight review

:

Reviews

Old March 18th, 2011, 19:14   #31
Specs

its going on my sniper this weekend....i hope it wont die cause replacing the batteries is going to suck DICK

There is almost no ghosting when the filter is off so if it holds a good zero then i will be happy

Kingston airsoft, we do it better.
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 19:42   #32
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

Bring us back a report!

Team Mandrills
MrBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2011, 20:47   #33
Specs

I have crappy mounts on my sniper and it managed to hold a very nice zero so I am happy for that much. The battery so far has not come close to dying and that is a huge plus because replacing it will be a chore considering the batteries are so damn inaccessible.

It was very sunny out yesterday and the reticule was a bit too bright IMO but that is better than too dim. The reticule has a very sharp image, it is not fuzzy at all. I have a G&P 553 and I find that it has a fuzzy image There is almost no distortion of the image which is also a huge plus. The Ares Tar-21 RDS has this problem. If you look at it from the opposite end, there is a little light but from a foot away it is not noticeable. The G&P 553 and TM Aimpoint have this problem.

I am not impressed with the amount of ghosting. If the filter is on, the gun has crazy ghosting! It is usable without the filter but if you are aiming near a light you can see in inner workings of the stupid thing. I had a tough time when I was aiming at a target and the sun was in my eyes. Even though it has this ghosting issue, it is still usable even with the worst ghosting because the reticule image is a defined triangle. What I found is if you place the sight further down on your gun it causes LESS ghosting so keep that in mind. Because I was using a sniper the sight was still fairly close to me. I believe (dont quote me) these RDSs are normally mounted close to the post sight.

Pros:
-Small and medium weight
-Has Reflex trades but also has made in China on it as well
-Clear, defined triangle reticule
-Holds a zero
-Batteries haven't died yet
-Easy adjustment screws CLICK

Cons:
-Internal battery (difficult to get at)
-Ghosting
-Too bright (auto-brightness)

Old March 21st, 2011, 21:29   #34
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

Pretty much as I expected. Thanks for the report! It'll pretty much just be my backup I think... Sad since externaly it looks so damn good.

Team Mandrills
MrBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2011, 22:31   #35
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specs View Post
I have crappy mounts on my sniper and it managed to hold a very nice zero so I am happy for that much. The battery so far has not come close to dying and that is a huge plus because replacing it will be a chore considering the batteries are so damn inaccessible.

It was very sunny out yesterday and the reticule was a bit too bright IMO but that is better than too dim. The reticule has a very sharp image, it is not fuzzy at all. I have a G&P 553 and I find that it has a fuzzy image There is almost no distortion of the image which is also a huge plus. The Ares Tar-21 RDS has this problem. If you look at it from the opposite end, there is a little light but from a foot away it is not noticeable. The G&P 553 and TM Aimpoint have this problem.

I am not impressed with the amount of ghosting. If the filter is on, the gun has crazy ghosting! It is usable without the filter but if you are aiming near a light you can see in inner workings of the stupid thing. I had a tough time when I was aiming at a target and the sun was in my eyes. Even though it has this ghosting issue, it is still usable even with the worst ghosting because the reticule image is a defined triangle. What I found is if you place the sight further down on your gun it causes LESS ghosting so keep that in mind. Because I was using a sniper the sight was still fairly close to me. I believe (dont quote me) these RDSs are normally mounted close to the post sight.

Pros:
-Small and medium weight
-Has Reflex trades but also has made in China on it as well
-Clear, defined triangle reticule
-Holds a zero
-Batteries haven't died yet
-Easy adjustment screws CLICK

Cons:
-Internal battery (difficult to get at)
-Ghosting
-Too bright (auto-brightness)
Do you think it's a hit? or a miss? (would you recommand this or is there better choice for refex/red dot at $100?)

For those that wonders, I used RS Trijicon Reflex at a gun range in US before, and most of time you'll find it mount on handguard, and carry handle installed.
Old March 21st, 2011, 22:40   #36
Specs

I really like it however I need to game it with my AR before I can really say. From the one game it has seen it did me very well and I do see myself using it moreover my G&P 553. If you dont mind the ghosting go for it, it will be worth it for you.

I haven't used or even seen another reflex so I can't comment on that

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews