Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Converting real steel wood stock to fit TM M14

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 1st, 2011, 00:13   #1
Shugart

Converting real steel wood stock to fit TM M14

I've been combing the boards, and google but to no avail and was hoping someone could help me with this little project of mine.

I have a TM M14 and a real steel M14 wood stock, anyone ever attempt converting one to fit before? I know i have to hollow out the grip to feed the wires, and remove some steel plates, but is there a how to available on the net that I'm not finding? Seating the mechbox, mag housing and trigger assembly is going to be a bitch.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah Arendt
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thucydides
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.
Shugart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:04   #2
Azathoth

A guy in Edmonton did it years back, his forum name is blastyman on EAR (EDmontonairsoft.net) and here on ASC. He's now with the local police department and really hasn't been around since. PM him you might get lucky. But it may be on the forum somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 03:14   #3
Canadian Psycho
Personal Mule.....PM for rates!

Send a message via MSN to Canadian Psycho
The main part of the mod is to cut out the holes for the motor and wires into the stock, that will be the big pain and for the most part is just trail and error until you get it to fit. With the motor, make sure you don't take out more then neccesary along the sides as it will weaken the stock.
Old April 1st, 2011, 08:04   #4
Shugart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
The main part of the mod is to cut out the holes for the motor and wires into the stock, that will be the big pain and for the most part is just trail and error until you get it to fit. With the motor, make sure you don't take out more then neccesary along the sides as it will weaken the stock.
Ya that's my biggest concern, weakening the stock. It looks like a considerable amount is going to have to be shaved down.

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah Arendt
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thucydides
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.
Shugart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 19:46   #5
rockenryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
so is alot of work needed around the rest of the stock? and most or all the work is needed in the gear box and battery area?
rockenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 20:43   #6
moto

Ive done it twice.

Its takes a lot of work and not just for the motor, the rest (around the gearbox) takes a lot of time also. You'll need a dremel with a flex attachment and a bunch of sanding drums. A long, large diameter (1 inchish) drill bit helps to core the neck and the rear of the stock for the battery. The fit is trial and error as stated.

You are best off to try and get a drill stock avail at Freds M14 Stocks. Unfortunately he doesnt ship to Canada, or didnt last I checked. The drill stock is thicker around the neck. When you core out the neck you have "c" hair of fudge factor before you poke a hole.

Its not that hard, just a lot of stop and go.

Good luck.

Last edited by moto; August 23rd, 2012 at 20:45..
moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 20:51   #7
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto View Post
Ive done it twice.

Its takes a lot of work and not just for the motor, the rest (around the gearbox) takes a lot of time also. You'll need a dremel with a flex attachment and a bunch of sanding drums. A long, large diameter (1 inchish) drill bit helps to core the neck and the rear of the stock for the battery. The fit is trial and error as stated.

Its not that hard, just a lot of stop and go.

Good luck.
This. I've done it 3 or 4 times for people, it's a pain in the ass, not hard, but a pain in the ass.

That's my 2cents.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications