Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

aftermath broxa problems

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 7th, 2011, 13:58   #1
Delta Charlie

aftermath broxa problems

hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some help. My friend purchased the Aftermath Broxa about 6 months ago ang it wasn't really having any problems. Unfortunatley, while we were playing a small woodsland game, his gun stopped firing and made a wierd noise. It stopped firing bb's but it wasnt jammed, it sounded like the gears in the gearbox were jammed. Whenever we pulled the tigger, it made a continuous scratching noise untill we stopped pulling the trigger. After a while of pulling the trigger however, it fixed itself. The problem is, just recently, it did it agian, but we couldn't fix it.
Any suggestions??
Delta Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 14:21   #2
VooDooPeteK

could be motor height, maybe the motor screw backed off a bit
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 15:47   #3
Reckless

I will refrain from the lecture on stop pulling the trigger when it doesn't work , except to repeat the dude from canada's worst driver

"that grinding noise...... that means stop what your doing"

I'm laying a bet that the original problem was crappy shimming, to the point that the sector gear (the one that actually pulls the piston back, and the nozzle back to load and fire) is able to completely moving away from the tappet plate, and grinding the gear below it.

that being said, I'd be willing to bet now that you need a new gearset, piston, and probably a tappet from continually trying to fire it after it malfuntioned.

basically... stop trying to shoot it, and get it fixed. the gun is gonna have to be taken right apart to the gearbox, the gearbox opened .. etc etc..

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 18:42   #4
Thebrick534

No offence bro it isnt the greatest gun to, if u got it at a deal of around 50 bucks fine but honestly dont buy another one of those, just some helpful advice.
Thebrick534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 20:14   #5
Eclipse1

The Broxa is a decent platform. I've had it for 2 years now and haven't had any serious problems. It's good for urban environments. Anyway, it sounds like a gearbox jam.
I would suggest trying to adjust the motor height, and if that doesn't work, open up the gun.

The Broxa did jam once on me, but that was due to my inexperience when it came to shimming, and all around gearbox maintenance. If you need help disassembling the gun here is a link to a great walkthrough:

http://www.mechbox.com/mp5/mp5j-disassembly.html

The reassembly guide:

http://www.mechbox.com/mp5/mp5j-reassembly.html

If it's the first time you're in there, you ought to shim and properly grease the innards. The gun itself performs well stock, but the shim job and cruddy grease they use does not promote any kind of longevity. Remember, nothing but pure silicon grease on anything.

Good luck
Eclipse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner