Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

"NOT A TOY"

:

General

Old July 4th, 2005, 23:55   #46
Kedirkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle
Really there is no good "reason" for people not employed in the entertainment industry to own replica firearms.. other than from a hobby sense, so that statement is 100% on.
A free society doesn't require a "reason" to own anything. The government should have no business looking at what citizens choose to spend their own money on.

Quote:
where in fact the legal ownership and clear parameteres on their use is very clear in the Criminal Code of Canada... it would be that there are already clear and restrictive regulations and laws in place for replica firearms
You have a funny definition of clear parameters so far as our firearms laws are concerned, considering you have to be a near-expert in both the FA and CCC to make sense out of any of them. The fact that almost everything in the act requires an extensive amount of research and cross referencing with the CCC to make sense shows that the laws aren't clear at all. Stop being such a smartass.

KD
Old July 5th, 2005, 08:34   #47
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedirkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle
Really there is no good "reason" for people not employed in the entertainment industry to own replica firearms.. other than from a hobby sense, so that statement is 100% on.
A free society doesn't require a "reason" to own anything. The government should have no business looking at what citizens choose to spend their own money on.

Quote:
where in fact the legal ownership and clear parameteres on their use is very clear in the Criminal Code of Canada... it would be that there are already clear and restrictive regulations and laws in place for replica firearms
You have a funny definition of clear parameters so far as our firearms laws are concerned, considering you have to be a near-expert in both the FA and CCC to make sense out of any of them. The fact that almost everything in the act requires an extensive amount of research and cross referencing with the CCC to make sense shows that the laws aren't clear at all. Stop being such a smartass.

KD
Not sure how offering a differing opinion is being a "smartass".

Our society is free up to the point you rub up against the fences..Free, like sheep are free to roam all over the field they are put in.. but there are still fences to keep them in.

Participants in the airsoft community are rubbing up against one of those fences.

I have done the research and the cross referencing between the Act and the CCC, and to me it is clear.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2005, 22:40   #48
Bordush
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordush
Uzi's are sub-machine guns because they fire handgun rounds. an assault rifle fires rifle rounds.

In the article those "Trained weapons experts" they're talking about are either really dumb, or the author isn't telling the truth about what they said. They call the gun a C7 when even I, a 15 year-old with no training can clearly tell that it's a much closer replica of an M16 A2 than a C7. They also say it has Auto and Semi firing modes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a C7 a semi-auto civilian assault rifle?

Mark
Mark,

The C7 and its family (C7A1,A2,C8 etc) are the curent ARs used by the Canadian Military. As far as I know Diemaco does not markey ANY civiallian variant of the C7 siries in Canada.

All of them are safe,semi,auto as they are military assault rifles.

Okay thanks for the input. Wasn't sure, so I shouldn't have said anything. But my dad has a civilian AR-15. Is that not refered to as a C7?
Bordush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2005, 23:36   #49
Blastyman

Send a message via ICQ to Blastyman
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldman
Quote:
Uzi's are sub-machine guns because they fire handgun rounds. an assault rifle fires rifle rounds.

In the article those "Trained weapons experts" they're talking about are either really dumb, or the author isn't telling the truth about what they said. They call the gun a C7 when even I, a 15 year-old with no training can clearly tell that it's a much closer replica of an M16 A2 than a C7. They also say it has Auto and Semi firing modes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a C7 a semi-auto civilian assault rifle?

Mark
Mark,

The C7 and its family (C7A1,A2,C8 etc) are the curent ARs used by the Canadian Military. As far as I know Diemaco does not markey ANY civiallian variant of the C7 siries in Canada.

All of them are safe,semi,auto as they are military assault rifles.

Okay thanks for the input. Wasn't sure, so I shouldn't have said anything. But my dad has a civilian AR-15. Is that not refered to as a C7?
No its an AR-15. c7 is a military rifle its already been pointed out.
Blastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 07:00   #50
buzzard

i know this is off topic, but i must reply to l473ncy's post. that little blurp with the letters mixed up; man that was so true, i blazed through it not hesitating at all.... funny when you think aubot it :lol:

why dont moderaters get pissed at these threads..... im sure you could search the faqs and find all this stuff talked (argued) about before... kinda funny imho
buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 14:57   #51
infernal

Send a message via MSN to infernal
reading that hurt.... motrin pain if you will.
infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 17:44   #52
Goodriddance

holy jesus titty fucking christ... some people just don't get it.
Its almost as bad as the pot articles you read.

"3 pounds of marijuana were siezed at an estimated street value of $150,000"

the ignorance of these people.
why go against tradition when you can,
admit defeat, live in decline,
be the victim of our own design,
the status quo, built on suspect,
why would anyone stick out thier neck?
fellow members, club "we've got ours"...
I'd like to introduce you to our host...

He's got his, and I've got mine
meet the decline.
Goodriddance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 17:59   #53
Boneman

Send a message via MSN to Boneman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReactiveLlama
What would really annoy me is that if someone was to write and submit a rebuttal to the article it would be dismissed as the "ravings of one of those 'wackos'".

Why would you just assume that anything written in response would be considered "ravings of one of those 'wackos"?? Maybe you don't posses the literary skills needed to compose a well informed response, but others might. So exactly how long have you been involved with airsoft there mate?
Quote:
I'm NOT a player, don't plan on playing. I'm a indoor plinker, more danger to my potted plants than anything.
Quote:

....since when it comes to everything else airsoft related I'm a total noob.

Yeah I would be annoyed too is some kid who has no actual airsoft experience or hasen't even been out to a single game deceided to write a letter about something he himself has next to no information or experience on too.....

I know there are some that feel that ANY publicity brought onto airsoft (good or bad) is "unwanted attention". Those who want to stick your heads in the sand about airsoft and don't even want your voice heard as a community go right ahead. The public is informed and misinformed about airsoft, usually and unfortunately, by articles such as this one. So regardless of how you personally feel about it, the public will get their "airsoft education" from these articles; like it or not.

I for one would rather educate the public (not rant and rave) and have my voice heard as a responsible airsofter and not be painted with the same brush as these morons who abuse replica/airsoft guns. And I would rather start with the source, the article author and my local police detachments, including Constable Price.

This story happened in my local community and as founding member of a local airsoft club in that community I felt compelled to speak up and properly represent our local airsofters/club. For all you neurotics out there, I did not make any mention of ASC (I don't think they even really care guys).

There is obviously a right way and a wrong way of going about discussing airsoft with the public. Ranting and raving and bombarding your local MLAs will not get you anywhere fast nor will sitting here calling the author and the police "'idiots" and "morons". They don't have the luxury of spending all their free time surfing the web for airsoft guns, gear and viewing airsoft forum posts. It comes down to they just don't know about airsoft. Mr. Clarke, at my request, has printed a correction in reference to the C7 as an "M7". When I spoke with Constable Price (yes, spoke), he was truly un-aware of airsoft as a sport and mentioned he would have no real issues if it was done in a proper and safe manner such as a sanctioned club. He agrees that more education about airsoft is needed on both 'sides'. He appreciated my call and would like to further discuss the local airsoft scene.

www.sirairsoft.com
Boneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2005, 00:55   #54
Thanatos

It is always the irresponsible incidents that paint the pictures for the public. They don't know about the organized games, on private property with strict safety regulations. Also they don't know about a community that is so focused on maturity, and keeping a low profile. That kind of story does not sell news, it is unfortunate.

However, it is very easy to see the cops point of view with regards to this issue. But I feel it is an overreactoin. Any robbery or standoff should be taking seriously, airsoft or real gun. The idea of replicas should not have a huge bearing on the situation. Anyone putting themselves in that situation is, for lack of better words, asking for it.

I also feel pellet guns should be targeted much quicker then airsoft. They shoot faster projectiles, much cheapier and easier to obtain. There are also no 'games' then can be played with pellet guns, as they are far more dangerous. Unfortunatly pellet guns and airsoft gets painted with the same brush.
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2005, 12:32   #55
infernal

Send a message via MSN to infernal
The part that 90% of the ASC community fails to understand is news like this sells papers. That’s the simple fact of it. They don’t care if you are responsible. They don’t care how many letters you write them explaining how we are not terrorist groups, gangs or thugs. Sex sells, drugs sell and guns will always sell. It’s a simple fact of marketing to a market segment that eats this shit up.

House burns down, profit. Kids running around with toy guys, profit. Whatever it is, they could care less what you think.

Accept it. Its how Conrad Black wants it.
infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2005, 15:40   #56
Starlight

Send a message via MSN to Starlight Send a message via Yahoo to Starlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneman
Quote:
What would really annoy me is that if someone was to write and submit a rebuttal to the article it would be dismissed as the "ravings of one of those 'wackos'".

Why would you just assume that anything written in response would be considered "ravings of one of those 'wackos"?? Maybe you don't posses the literary skills needed to compose a well informed response, but others might. So exactly how long have you been involved with airsoft there mate?
Quote:
I'm NOT a player, don't plan on playing. I'm a indoor plinker, more danger to my potted plants than anything.
Quote:

....since when it comes to everything else airsoft related I'm a total noob.

Yeah I would be annoyed too is some kid who has no actual airsoft experience or hasen't even been out to a single game deceided to write a letter about something he himself has next to no information or experience on too.....

I know there are some that feel that ANY publicity brought onto airsoft (good or bad) is "unwanted attention". Those who want to stick your heads in the sand about airsoft and don't even want your voice heard as a community go right ahead. The public is informed and misinformed about airsoft, usually and unfortunately, by articles such as this one. So regardless of how you personally feel about it, the public will get their "airsoft education" from these articles; like it or not.

I for one would rather educate the public (not rant and rave) and have my voice heard as a responsible airsofter and not be painted with the same brush as these morons who abuse replica/airsoft guns. And I would rather start with the source, the article author and my local police detachments, including Constable Price.

This story happened in my local community and as founding member of a local airsoft club in that community I felt compelled to speak up and properly represent our local airsofters/club. For all you neurotics out there, I did not make any mention of ASC (I don't think they even really care guys).

There is obviously a right way and a wrong way of going about discussing airsoft with the public. Ranting and raving and bombarding your local MLAs will not get you anywhere fast nor will sitting here calling the author and the police "'idiots" and "morons". They don't have the luxury of spending all their free time surfing the web for airsoft guns, gear and viewing airsoft forum posts. It comes down to they just don't know about airsoft. Mr. Clarke, at my request, has printed a correction in reference to the C7 as an "M7". When I spoke with Constable Price (yes, spoke), he was truly un-aware of airsoft as a sport and mentioned he would have no real issues if it was done in a proper and safe manner such as a sanctioned club. He agrees that more education about airsoft is needed on both 'sides'. He appreciated my call and would like to further discuss the local airsoft scene.
Keep us posted I would be interested in hearing any updates on discussions you've had with him.

I AM OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER WHEN SEX WAS SAFE AND FLYING WAS DANGEROUS!
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 13:17   #57
Boneman

Send a message via MSN to Boneman
UPDATE:

Here is a scan of my letter that was published in last weeks paper.

It's a bit hard to read so here it is in text form: http://members.shaw.ca/barebonesdesi...7-Response.htm

www.sirairsoft.com
Boneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 13:23   #58
Freedom Fighter

Good job mate
Old July 25th, 2005, 13:35   #59

nice ending off of the article with a rhetorical question :tup:
362304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 13:56   #60
Sekester

good job man :salute:

Death by Azzociation