Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

kwa mp9 opinions

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 24th, 2012, 23:46   #1
mr.hyde

kwa mp9 opinions

ok i was wondering how everyone feels about the kwa mp9 im looking into it and it seems to be an awesome gun except for when looking for mags...So i guess my question is how is the gun and what is mag availability like, cross compatibility? can i use ksc mags with the kwa?
mr.hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 23:54   #2
Maethori

Send a message via Skype™ to Maethori
I just ordered one, and I've heard many good things about them. Mags are really hard to find unless you want to go through some very expensive US retailers or ebay. I ordered some through the KWA Pro Shop and they haven't told me they're out of stock yet, so that should work (aside from the very high shipping costs).
You can use KSC mags as long as they are System 7/NS2; some are and some aren't so watch out for that.
Maethori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 23:56   #3
venture

Great GBB guns. If you are using the stock and aiming down the sights then you will get a little puff of gas in the eye each shot. Personally I find it annoying. If you use propane the stink is right in your face.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 00:20   #4
ap27

They are loud and have a very nice rate of fire. There is a guide on here somewhere about some modifications you should do to it right out of the box. One of those steps is to reduce the gas puffs coming out of the charging handle. Others are about sanding down the sharp edge of the bolt catch, and stretching one of the springs that may be too strong from the factory.

Aside from mags, the most common problem was the nozzle breaking (a common problem with KWA guns) and the nozzle return springs getting mashed up. Regular lubing will prolong your nozzle but it may ultimately give way. There are various replacement nozzles available, including an all metal one. Its a good idea to keep some as spares, along with the nozzle return springs.

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 00:26   #5
TPM001

Where can I find the all metal nozzles?
TPM001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 00:46   #6
mr.hyde

cool good to know i just dont wanna go and sell a bunch of guns and gear for a gun that will ultimately disappoint me. I'm getting more into the ggb aspect and taking your time taking the shot kinda like my shotgun :P but i was also stuck trying to decide going cqb or outdoors with this. it would be a bitch to have to take it apart everytime and i imagine its not fantastic for the gun
Old April 25th, 2012, 00:53   #7
ap27

Metal nozzle is here:
http://www.wiitech.com.hk/eshop/prod...roducts_id=369

Its a solid gun as long as you regularly maintain it. I haven't had any issues other than a spring that I had to stretch out because its too strong. I believe theres a CQB bolt available that drops in with a moderate amount of disassembling. The actual takedown is more tedious than the KWA MP7 in comparison.

Old April 25th, 2012, 00:59   #8
mr.hyde

oh where is this cqb bolt available?
Old April 25th, 2012, 01:02   #9
ap27

KWA's Shop
http://store.kwausa.com/kwakmp9lowpowerbolt.aspx

Old April 25th, 2012, 01:06   #10
mr.hyde

convenient... that is definitly a worthy purchase for convenience sake. but since its been a couple years i was thinking maybe they fixed all these issues :/ guess not
Old April 25th, 2012, 01:15   #11
ap27

These issues are common baggage for a lot of KWAs. If you think this is bad, look up reports on their M93R

Old April 25th, 2012, 01:18   #12
mr.hyde

see this as a gun that will last the years? given care is given every game
Old April 25th, 2012, 09:11   #13
MultipleParadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap27 View Post
Two hundred and fucking sixty-four bucks!? O_o That's the price of the gun we pay here nowadays :shock: Might as well buy a few plastic nozzles instead, AND you know, when you feel like it, buy a new gun once or twice... Damn!

Edit: oooooohh I missed the "HK" there... whoo! 33.51 for the current rate, makes much more sense now..! Move along, nothing to see here! :P

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh

Last edited by MultipleParadox; April 25th, 2012 at 09:13..
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 09:16   #14
seabass
trevorthetwigyalienman

It's a good fun gun to bust out the odd scrim for shits and giggles but I will never run it as a primary.
Old April 25th, 2012, 12:45   #15
ap27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post
Two hundred and fucking sixty-four bucks!? O_o That's the price of the gun we pay here nowadays :shock: Might as well buy a few plastic nozzles instead, AND you know, when you feel like it, buy a new gun once or twice... Damn!

Edit: oooooohh I missed the "HK" there... whoo! 33.51 for the current rate, makes much more sense now..! Move along, nothing to see here! :P
*Giggles*

I've only gamed it once so far. I'll report on it once I get out more

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion