Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Overkill on airsoft game.

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 16th, 2012, 18:32   #1
MB1

Overkill on airsoft game.

Overkill at MW3. It means two primary weapon. And im asking if anyone of you tried to used two primary weapon during the game (outdoor of course). How do you carried them and what gun did you used.

Thanks

Last edited by MB1; October 16th, 2012 at 18:34..
MB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 18:38   #2
Antikythera

I never have personally but I have seen a few people running an additional shotgun (some with scabbard some just slung on their back)
Antikythera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 18:44   #3
HackD

I've yet to see people do that - I have seen people carry a combo of MP5K + Sniper rifle, or Shotgun + Sniper rifle. In a good field match, if you are moving and running/gunning, you'll find one primary and a supply of mags, along with your secondary sidearm more than enough without being overly physically taxing. Anything further than that, and you are weighing yourself down. Never played MW3 so don't really know the specifics to that.
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 18:55   #4
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
usually just shotgun as backup or small aeg when using a bolt action. Using 2 rifles is pointless, for far less weight you can simply carry 2x the ammo
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 19:01   #5
Drake
E-01

"Two primaries" ... the second one is usually called a secondary, unless you plan on wielding a rifle in each hand simultaniously :P

I've carried shotgun or M79 as secondary. I've also seen people with a DMR carry a smaller M4 for compatibility with "buddy mags" and/or lower FPS for use in CQB portions of the field. Those are more advanced types of games though, not your usual MW crap kinda skirmish.
Old October 16th, 2012, 19:04   #6
Ozone06

For Mil-sims I'll always take a second primary, on the field. It's usually attached to my Pack and stowed at the FOB. I'm a adamant proponent for Milsim once you step off you don't come back to the staging area/car until end ex. Be it a 6 or 8 hour sim or 24 hour. The last thing I want is not being able to do my part because my gun went down.
Ozone06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 19:09   #7
Debrief
a.k.a. HKpro

There's a guy out here that ran an Intervention with a SCAR in a backpack-sheath. I think he gamed that set-up for a whole 5 minutes before he realized how awkward it was.
Debrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 19:13   #8
Derpystronk

I have carried my AEG SVD and a GBBR M4 at the same time before. I used both in the same firefight a couple of times.

I would say it wasn't the most effective way to play - it really slows you down - but I had a blast.
Old October 16th, 2012, 19:24   #9
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
might as well carry more ammo and mags, no point having two rifles unless there is a significant difference between them.
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 20:36   #10
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
There is no point in carrying two rifles. Carry more mags.
The only reason why you should have a second rifle is as backup, sitting in your vehicle or staging area.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 20:58   #11
Strelok

Really? COD lingo?

I suppose i've done it. Had to set up with an MG (My RPK), a Sniper Rifle and also had my Revolver on me. Its really an uneccessary hassle in the end though. I could possibly see it if you had an Mp7 or something small strapped to your kit for emergencies or whatever. But beyond that... When you have guns that can spit out anywhere from 30 - 600 rounds per magazine,

I don't see it as a smart choice unless the gun has capabilities over your average AEG.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 21:06   #12
Kingsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1 View Post
Overkill at MW3. It means two primary weapon. And im asking if anyone of you tried to used two primary weapon during the game (outdoor of course). How do you carried them and what gun did you used.

Thanks
How would you speed reload if both hands are occupied by a rifle?
Old October 16th, 2012, 21:13   #13
m102404
Tys

I've taken out a bolt gun and an M4....and a SAW and an M4. With the m4/bolt gun...the bolt gun was slung. With the saw/m4...the m4 was strapped to a field pack.

Once was because the bolt gun had a 4x NVR on it and it suited the game...the other was for a MILSIM where we were deployed once with 300 per rifle and 1000 per saw for the entire OP, we were to rescue 3 VIPs and we could arm them after rescue. 3 of us took multiples out for that one and armed the VIPs...and I think our whole section had a grand total of 3 bbs left at the nighttime extraction. pretty tense, lots of fun

So there's a time and purpose....but it's a lot of extra weight and bulk to move, a real drag to lug around and complicates things. Just for a fun game? I'd just leave it at staging and swap out guns if needed.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:28   #14
Kos-Mos

Ask Destroye... he tried this week-end.

1x L96
1x SCAR GBBR
1X HiCapa
1x G23

He carried all that for a good... 15 minutes maybe.
Then ditched the L96 and second pistol at the base/respawn (before the GameOn even)

You have better to have a very good vest setup, and bring a ton of mags for your "primary" and MAYBE bring a sidearm with a few mags. There is very little difference between the effectiveness of an AEG vs. a SAW vs. a bolt action when under fire. The SAW is most usefull when engaged already. The Bolt-action is exactly the opposite, you must not have been seen. The AEG is right in between, and fits both roles if built properly.

Refering to COD.
When you take Overkill, you actually swap your pistol for a second rifle. Some people do that by swaping their pistol for a carbine or SMG. More firepower and still compact. But don't forget that switching is more than just tapping a button. You have to find a way to secure the guns in place, and be able to access it fast and easy. Also mag compatibility can be a hassle...
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:37   #15
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

The Motherfuckin'manattee ran his M4, a six banger and a pistol at Rhino II. He sling the 6 banger behind his back.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion