Open chamber WE M4/Scar/PDW/G39/l85

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 24th, 2013, 05:41   #271
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexitus View Post
Its actually the first pin that I was referring to across the bolt carrier. Didn't know it goes only one way. That might help things!
I've never understood why WE didn't go for a cotter pin to hold that spring in. It'd look more realistic replicating the firing pin retainer, it'd make nozzle changes easier, and it wouldn't be that cost prohibitive...
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:35   #272
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Synergy View Post
I've never understood why WE didn't go for a cotter pin to hold that spring in. It'd look more realistic replicating the firing pin retainer, it'd make nozzle changes easier, and it wouldn't be that cost prohibitive...
Maybe it got something to do that their GBBR was critized by the ATF as being to realistic and thereby making it more of an issue with them selling it in one of the biggest market in the world, I showed one of the open chambered PDW a while back to some of the gun club, all of them thought I got a real one until they pull teh charging handle it was actually amusing to see a bunch of gun nuts playing around admiring an airsoft gun

Last edited by wildcard; March 24th, 2013 at 09:37..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 16:36   #273
uncle_benny12

Thanks for the tip. Airsoft Parts was actually the first place I went to but unfortunately they do not stock the parts I need. If they could get it I would have ordered from them.

Looks like I'll just lump it together with my next order from one of the Asian vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic-Wedge View Post
I miss Airsoft Buddy too. What happened to those guys? Since they disappeared, I've been ordering WE parts from wherever I can find them.

I just got a bunch of replacement nozzles delivered this morning from Airsoft Parts Canada. A couple of weeks ago I got a number of the current generation M4 gas mags from them.

Usually, if I need to order from WGC, eHobby, or Red Wolf, I scan their site for available WE parts, and order in whatever I might need to tide me over. I don't order from U.S. retailers, because their postal system is ridiculously slow, or they want to ship via UPS. I can always get parts from Asia in half the time it takes to get them from the States. Airsoft Parts Canada delivers in a matter of only a few days.
uncle_benny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 19:50   #274
Heerven

Hi,
I'm looking for a 330mm precision barre, idealy 6.03mm, for my WE G39 RAS. It seems it's really difficult to find that size, particularly in Canada. I saw Falcon has one, but I only saw it on E Hobby Asia. Also the barrel is in copper. I would prefer real steel.
Somebody can help me?

Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 20:42   #275
Kos-Mos

Barrels are usually brass, not copper, because of the proprieties of that metal (it's really slick, polishes well and is really easy to machine into anything).

WE Open bolt uses VSR-10 barrels. Look for a 330mm barrel for VSR-10 (I think it's the G-Spec lenght).

*G-Spec is 303mm, if you can live with that 3cm less, it won't make any difference, and barrels made for VSR-10 are usually top-notch. PDI or EDGI are the top ones.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 00:39   #276
Heerven

Thanks Kosmos,

Last edited by Heerven; March 30th, 2013 at 11:07..
Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 18:46   #277
WhiteGuy_9

Ok so I'm looking too do some more mod's on my WE M4 and have my eye on a new rail that I may want, Madbull DD 7.62 Lite Rail 10"

My question for anyone who can answer is the compatibility of this rail system too the WE M4?
WhiteGuy_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 19:16   #278
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

- The WE M4 is based off the 5.56 AR-15, so you'll need a 5.56 rail, not the 7.62 rail. The barrel extension on the AR-10 type rifles is larger AFAIK.

- The barrel nut is AEG spec, not G&P/WE/RS spec. You'll need to buy either the RS nut from Daniel Defense or one of their licensed suppliers, or find Madbull's G&P nut. This may have changed recently, but that's AFAIK.

- No gas tube hole: Not necessary, but I find it important none the less for aesthetics since it's necessary on the RS. Could always drill your own.
Old April 18th, 2013, 19:38   #279
Kos-Mos

Quote:
- The WE M4 is based off the 5.56 AR-15, so you'll need a 5.56 rail, not the 7.62 rail. The barrel extension on the AR-10 type rifles is larger AFAIK.

- The barrel nut is AEG spec, not G&P/WE/RS spec. You'll need to buy either the RS nut from Daniel Defense or one of their licensed suppliers, or find Madbull's G&P nut. This may have changed recently, but that's AFAIK.

- No gas tube hole: Not necessary, but I find it important none the less for aesthetics since it's necessary on the RS. Could always drill your own.
Nope, Only the markings on this one makes it different.

But yes, you will need the Madbull G&P barrel nut on top of this rail.
Old April 18th, 2013, 19:45   #280
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
Nope, Only the markings on this one makes it different.
Then what the heck's the point of having a 5.56 and 7.62 variation?
Old April 18th, 2013, 20:12   #281
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Then what the heck's the point of having a 5.56 and 7.62 variation?
Licensing?
Old April 18th, 2013, 22:36   #282
WhiteGuy_9

So a Madbull G&P barrel nut will be the only other part needed too fit it properly

Thanks for the info guy's
WhiteGuy_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 20:48   #283
turok_t

Lets see how these do... These look pretty much the same as the stock WE bolt catches, but I'm hoping they are stronger and don't deform as quickly at the tip that catches the bolt. Based on a brief inspection, it looks like the "L" part and the rear of the bolt catch might needed to be grinded just like the stock counterpart to ensure maximal contact area with the bolt. I will check fit it and see what needs to be done though.

turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 00:33   #284
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

So are people still having issues with m4 and 416 open chamber guns breaking the nozzle on the mags and is there a proper fix for that (like the filed mag i seen pics of earlier in the thread?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 22:09   #285
Basic-Wedge

I broke a couple of nozzles while testing my rifles in sub-zero temperatures. Those are the only two nozzles I've ever broken, and I blame the breaks on the hop-up buckings.

I figure the buckings stiffened up in the cold weather, causing more stress on the prong at the bottom of the nozzle. That prong rubs up against the bucking, and the bucking provides friction to keep the nozzle from retracting too soon. It stands to reason cold temperatures could cause a failure there. As I said, I've never had a failure in warm weather.

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications