Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

toronto mystery box

:

General

View Poll Results: have you ever bought a mystery box?
yes 38 31.93%
no 44 36.97%
i plan on it! 19 15.97%
hell no its a rip off 18 15.13%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 25th, 2013, 20:25   #16
ccyg8774

Yes - only once.
Not anymore because shipping to my location is a little high, and the mystery box do not support combine shipping.
Old September 26th, 2013, 00:28   #17
aledek

i got a jg g36. But i will may be try again if a gbb special happen.
Old October 1st, 2013, 15:29   #18
DrunkenTeddy
FatJ

Just received my mystery box. When I originally decided to buy I looked at the list and said I would be happy with anything other than the King Arms M4a1 - Nylon Fibre Build, only 11 out of 93, so really my odds to get something I was okay with were great. And of course I got the KA M4A1... It's funny, I said the same thing last time about the Umarex sportline g36c, and that's what I got. Here's to hoping I can sell it for about what I paid.
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 19:21   #19
kaiu

The newest mystery box list is pretty meh this time T_T
kaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 23:19   #20
Swattiger

Just wonder if the big prize winner can come out and share their experience.

To me, the mysterious boxes are just a marketing gimmick to clear up stock. So the odds to get stuff you want is pretty low, and the whole process is rather non-transparent.

I prefer to save up the money for a few mysterious boxes to buy just one gun or the item I really like or need.

Last edited by Swattiger; October 1st, 2013 at 23:57..
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 23:24   #21
redneck12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattiger View Post
Just wonder if the big prize winner can come out and share their experience.

To me, the mysterious boxes are just a marketing gimmick to clear up unpopular stock. So the odds to get really good stuff is pretty low, and the whole process is rather non-transparent.

I prefer to save up the money for a few mysterious boxes to buy just one gun or the item I really like or need.
That is a good idea, you rarely if ever see an unboxing of a big prize.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 23:46   #22
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck12 View Post
That is a good idea, you rarely if ever see an unboxing of a big prize.
And I am not sure how the retailer can make this a fair draw, as the big prize box is obviously much bigger and heavier than the others.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2013, 00:01   #23
redneck12

Quote:
And I am not sure how the retailer can make this a fair draw, as the big prize box is obviously much bigger and heavier than the others.
Most of the unboxings I've seen were coupons unless the main prizes were standard size, and little filler thrown in with the coupon just for effect.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:00   #24
DrunkenTeddy
FatJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck12 View Post
Most of the unboxings I've seen were coupons unless the main prizes were standard size, and little filler thrown in with the coupon just for effect.
Haven't seen TA do coupons in a while, not sure if they will still do that, they usually ship guns now, so you always get something. The new box has 31 king arms nylon fibre M4's in it... That's enough to turn me off it, even tho the top 6 prizes are all guns i want.
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:30   #25

Quote:

That usually is a proper approach, doesn't it? Save enough money, walk into the store/order online, get exactly what you want instead of playing a lottery. 6/49 usually offers a big prize too but one/two people out of millions get it... My logic, you pay the price and get exactly what you want. Free cheese can be found only at one place...
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:12   #26
thebreadbandit.

Quote:
To me, the mysterious boxes are just a marketing gimmick to clear up stock. So the odds to get stuff you want is pretty low, and the whole process is rather non-transparent.
Definitely agree with this. It's a pretty good gimmick given the fact that so many people buy these boxes, and that they (apparently) sell out pretty quick. I'd rather not gamble $190 + $20 shipping for one of these haha.
thebreadbandit. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2013, 10:43   #27
R.T Plissken

I scored the EPIC BOX for their Zombie Assassin draw, it was my first time purchasing one.
I only expected to come out with the base prize, the Snow Wolf M24 {I believe} and my highest hopes were to win one of the ghillie suits that came packaged with certain rifles. When I received my box in the mail I was beyond surprised how light it was, I was worried that I had won a prize so inexpensive it had no weight. I very crudely filmed myself as I cut open the box to only discover a piece of paper which I immediately ignored and went straight for the ghillie suit that I was over the moon to win. I was kinda surprised that there was in fact no gun under the suit and thats when I noticed the EPIC BOX WINNER plastered all over that piece of paper I so quickly threw aside (the video actually cut out as I swore and dropped my phone...).
I immediately called TA and they invited me to come out after the store and pickup the prize which consisted of the Snow Wolf Barrett M82, KWA MP7, and dual KWC 1911 MEU's even though the were closed at this time. I'm pretty sure I drove the entire way to Toronto with a smile on my face that would have startled the drivers around me.
The guys at TA were great; congratulating me on the win, allowing me to look over and shoot my newly acquired prizes and showing me everything I needed to know about them.
I was/ still am extremely grateful for the prize, I mean who doesn't like winning free stuff let alone free airsoft stuff?
However when I was in the store they did make a few points on how these prizes are mostly items that have become stagnate sitting on their shelves, how maybe people go out to purchase a Barrett 50.cal just to plink around with? I think it's a brilliant strategy on their part to keep their stock updated and a great way for their customers to get a chance to win some really neat prizes.
R.T Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 19:03   #28
fatywhaty

I think I'm going to pick one up from TA next time just haven't seen much I wanted on the prize list for last 2. love watching the unboxing vids they r funny to watch when they get sucky.
fatywhaty is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General