:

Gear Discussion

Old October 27th, 2013, 15:01   #31
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechkalov7 View Post
Hi,

not to be rude but i had a feeling this is where this project was going from the beginning. Sometimes it's just worth waiting to get enough budget to buy something good. Airsoft is expensive, if you don't have enough money to buy a vest, how are you going to buy the bb's and other stuff?
+1

Great initiative and drive, but if you cannot afford to buy yourself a $50-$70 chest rig, this sport is not for you.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 16:03   #32
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Personally I want personalized bb's, I want my bb's to be mine and mine alone, I want people to know that it's pus shooting them so I'm going to make my own bb's

Anyone know where I can get a cheap or better yet FREE 3D printer and I think I have some spare styrene in my basement lol
Old October 27th, 2013, 16:18   #33
N_Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfle View Post
I want to get into airsoft but any vest that I see, I hate. So I came to the natural conclusion of "Why don't I make one, instead?"?
that's what his first post. DIY is fun but this one I suggested was "not worth to do it".
I'm a very handy person but I have my bottom line for do it myself. This project involves alot of different materials, parts and colour chooses, even tools. If you know how to make clothing, make your own vest you need even much more stronger material and factory type machine to get your job done right. You can't just do it by hand. I'm not trying to let you down, but if you still would like to try it out, I would encourage you, also be well prepared for it and good luck to you.

P.S. You said the vest you saw, you hated, you meant you don't like, right? Do you know why you hate them and can you tell what do you like? May be just like some person posted that you didn't look hard enough? Have you ever think about buy and modify? May be you just like something different from others? Could be the simple solution?!

Last edited by N_Force; October 27th, 2013 at 19:55..
N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 22:50   #34
BloodDrinker

Don't use a vest? and go with a Load Bearing belt Kit? Worked Since WW1 for WW2 Korea Nam Desert storm Kosovo Panama... Some of it... Works rather well with MOLLE LC2 pistol belt or similar Harness what ever pouches you need

DIY work is At most Pride... You can't get Some Stuff but you might get fabric...

IF The Original Poster Wants to do it For what ever reason... I'm ignoring Most of whats above and addressing whats needed

HOW good are your Sewing Skills? Very skilled or not allot?
How good are your Patterning skills?
What kinda tools do you have?

You'll need a Good work table and at least 1M Square cutting mat wit measuring marks
A large Square For laying out the Molle webbing or if you wanna do the folded ribbons like on Some Multi cam gear
Wheel knife For cutting fabric spare wheels
A GOOD sewing machine and the proper thread for the obvious
A GOOD Surger for Doing edges.

if you don't this will blow through the cost of the vest

Yes making something Your own is great.
but is it worth it? If you Have all the tools Maybe...

But All the lil bits? a Findings dealer... Buys that bit lets say a buckle for a Dollar sells it to you for 2 bucks and you pay taxes
a Manufacturer buys 1000 of them for 50 cents Adds 2 bucks to the cost of the product you pay the taxes.

If you can find a proper whole sale findings Shop with what you need and are not buying From a retail store
Nylon webbing and how ever many feet you need. (it's allot)
the fabric...
and the thread...

Not saying don't but... it's gonna be hard and may be more Costly...

oooh yeah Your time...

Voting liberal or NDP and signing a petition to ban airsoft is the same thing.

Last edited by BloodDrinker; October 27th, 2013 at 22:52.. Reason: Added something I forgot
BloodDrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 23:00   #35
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

if you're working with real cordura or ballistic nylon, you need a special sewing machine to punch through it if you're using several layers... that shit is tough.

DIY is fun and all, just be sure you're not wasting the funds that you could be putting towards real gear.
Old October 27th, 2013, 23:54   #36
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

like I said, cordura and nylon is harder to sew than leather, much tougher

Last edited by ThunderCactus; October 28th, 2013 at 11:17..
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 00:41   #37
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I know this cause my replica stargate p90 sling is from a prop reproducer... who is a seamstress (lol) in the us navy and actually works with this shit.. he says even they hate working with tactical gear even when they have the right machines.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion