Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE AK PMC gbbr and the VFC H&K416 gbbr and other noob questions

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 13th, 2014, 17:44   #16
HeadlessChicken

Its definitely a fun gun to shoot with a very satisfying kick.
Here is one of my videos. I found the best way to rock the mag in is to have the feed lip right by the front of the magwell and the bottom of the mag touch the bottom of the grip then rock it in. It takes a bit of practice but to do an admin reload, I had to remove the extended magwell which I find useless anyways.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2014, 18:54   #17
m0nolith

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken View Post
Its definitely a fun gun to shoot with a very satisfying kick.
Here is one of my videos. I found the best way to rock the mag in is to have the feed lip right by the front of the magwell and the bottom of the mag touch the bottom of the grip then rock it in. It takes a bit of practice but to do an admin reload, I had to remove the extended magwell which I find useless anyways.
Excellent video man! I was thinking of getting an eotech sight like the one you had in the video, but my priority right now is just getting more mags. Speaking of which, how many should I get for a solid day of gaming? 5, 6, 9? It is a gbb after all.
m0nolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2014, 19:47   #18
HeadlessChicken

I run 3 mags for CQB games but I use my pistol a lot at places like Ultimate Airsoft, but those 3 mags were enough for those games @ CQBPB Toronto.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
Old April 14th, 2014, 06:00   #19
m0nolith

Another question about this ak;
Other than the trigger set I know other aftermarket parts for this gun are a dynamic spring set, a recoil buffer kit, and a barrel (all made by ra tech).
(Edit, after a little more research it turns out that the dynamic spring set and the recoil buffer kit are meant to be used for the ak74UN and not the 47)
Are there any other parts out there? I plan on working on this thing for a while.
PS: what in the holy hell is a gbb hop up?

Last edited by m0nolith; April 14th, 2014 at 14:39..
m0nolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 15:00   #20
mr_nuts31

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nolith View Post
Another question about this ak;
Other than the trigger set I know other aftermarket parts for this gun are a dynamic spring set, a recoil buffer kit, and a barrel (all made by ra tech).
(Edit, after a little more research it turns out that the dynamic spring set and the recoil buffer kit are meant to be used for the ak74UN and not the 47)
Are there any other parts out there? I plan on working on this thing for a while.
PS: what in the holy hell is a gbb hop up?
For starters, there isn't really much when it comes to aftermarket parts for the WE AK series other than the trigger and recoil buffer mainly because they fix two big problems with the WE AK. The trigger breaking after a while, and the ROF is lower than the real steel version because of the full bolt travel. There are more aftermarket parts such as a steel gas piston for the bolt, wood kits for the 74UN, and a special recoil spring and guide that will increase ROF without short stroking the bolt.Oh, and don't forget the most important aftermarket part for this gun, the RA tech NPAS, which will allow you to adjust the FPS for whatever field you be playing in. As for the gbb hop up, when you pull your bolt back, you will see a black cylinder-like object with a plastic ring around it. That's called the hop up unit. The purpose of having a hop up is to give the bbs backspin, therefore giving you flatter trajectory which will equal better range. To use it on your AK, simply turn the plastic ring up or down to adjust hop up, take a few shots, repeat till you are satisfied. My explanation of hop up isn't that great, but I just got back from work with a beer in me, holding my WE AK74UN trying to describe the hop up unit.
mr_nuts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 20:09   #21
HeadlessChicken

There isn't a lot of aftermarket parts specific for the WE AK but I've seen people fit real steel parts with a little grinding. The stock adapter is suppose to be able to take real steel M4 stocks, I'm not 100% on that.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank