Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Goggle Opinions?

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 1st, 2014, 04:20   #1
FusionXylerion

Goggle Opinions?

Hi all,

I'm sorta new here. Been reading over the various things you fine folks have posted about the various goggles available and was hoping to get some help.
As I am just getting into the sport, and my eyes are important to me, I don't want to cheap out on eye pro.
I am looking at the following goggles:
Revision Desert Locust Goggle (http://www.dstactical.com/product_in...roducts_id=813)
Smith OTW (https://www.buyairsoft.ca/accessorie...field-kit.html)
Oakley SI Ballistic Goggle 2.0 (http://www.bigfootboutique.com/en/oa...lear-51oak0004)
What are your opinions on these goggles? From what I've read, you guys seem to say good things about the Revisions and Smiths but I haven't heard much on the Oakleys.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
FusionXylerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 04:27   #2
Demichev

Just bought myself a new pair ESS NVG. I had been looking at the Smith OTW as well but realized they are a no-go as the venting around the goggles don't offer any resistance to BB.
Old May 1st, 2014, 07:20   #3
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

The revisions are great, I love mine.
The only problem I have with them, is fog. I have ripped out the foam but I have no problem fogging the best of eye ware anyways, so I can't really fault the goggles for it.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 11:48   #4
airsoftmaniacman

Revision and ESS are definitely excellent choices. Both brands make a fan goggle, and those are even better.

Check eBay for a pair. You can usually find one in excellent condition for a low price.
airsoftmaniacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 18:49   #5
FusionXylerion

Thanks for your responses guys. I'm thinking I may go with the Revisions.... Although I prefer the look of the Oakleys haha. I've read that getting some cat crap might be rather useful?
I was thinking about the fan version but I'm looking at a more tan camo scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 1st, 2014, 19:27   #6
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

I would avoid Ebay when it comes to eyepro, too many fakes out there. Buy from a reputable dealer, or the source.

Cat crap and fogtech are the best anti forging treatments I have ever used.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 22:57   #7
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajr122 View Post
The revisions are great, I love mine.
The only problem I have with them, is fog. I have ripped out the foam but I have no problem fogging the best of eye ware anyways, so I can't really fault the goggles for it.
+1, so I got the fan one.

If you buy from Revision directly, use coupon "FANS" and get 30% off.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:28   #8
FusionXylerion

Does that coupon apply only to the fan edition?

Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:25   #9
BioRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionXylerion View Post
Does that coupon apply only to the fan edition?

Applies to all, go ahead and test it on the site, add to cart and add the coupon.

I figured why not just get the fans one, since the 30% off was appealing.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:47   #10
MADDOG

I am surprised no one has mentioned this, the one biggest factor you can do to be fog free without anti fog spray or gel is get dual pane thermal lenses, only use goggle's that have this option available.

Fans are a help, but if it is really humid, only thermal lenses will provide a clear view. Only once or twice in 25 years plus have I had to use a fan with thermals and that was only when a full face mask was involved.

Revision has a thermal option in several colours (you still need to remove the vent foam on the bottom and top), all paintball goggles have this as an option. It is the first upgrade anyone should do before changing their guns. If you cannot see you cannot shoot. You will not regret it. There is a reason I still run cheap JT elite goggles with thermal lenses, they work, never fog and are lower profile than most paintball goggles but still far enough off your sweaty face to create airflow and can be used at any field.

If you insist on the look cool factor for your eyewear with single lense technology, all the better for me, you won't see me coming ;)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MADDOG.jpg (27.4 KB, 23 views)

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Last edited by MADDOG; May 2nd, 2014 at 10:57..
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:54   #11
BioRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
I am surprised no one has mentioned this, the one biggest factor you can do to be fog free without anti fog spray or gel is get dual pane thermal lenses, only use goggle's that have this option available.

Fans are a help, but if it is really humid, only thermal lenses will provide a clear view. Only once or twice in 25 years plus have I had to use a fan with thermals and that was only when a full face mask was involved.

Revision has a thermal option in several colours (you still need to remove the vent foam on the bottom and top), all paintball goggles have this as an option. It is the first upgrade anyone should do before changing their guns. If you cannot see you cannot shoot. You will not regret it. There is a reason I still run cheap JT elite goggles with thermal lenses, they work, never fog and are lower profile than most paintball goggles but still far enough off your sweaty face to create airflow and can be used at any field.

If you insist on the look cool factor for your eyewear with single lense technology, all the better for me, you won't see me coming

Hmm, my problem is that it DOESN'T fog, when I sweat with my helmet on indoors, my sweat drips into my googles, which makes it gross, and yeah.......

So after a game of cqb, usually microfiber it out.

Will look into the Thermal lens replacements, and debate between clear or smoke,

http://www.revisionmilitary.com/stor...ment-lens.html

Last edited by BioRage; May 2nd, 2014 at 11:01..
Old May 2nd, 2014, 11:05   #12
MADDOG

I have the fan revision goggles with a clear and yellow thermal lense and they are good, especially for helmets. I just don't like the way the straps are extended way beyond the sides of the goggles for this exact use.

When you use them without a helmet it looks like your head is really wide , they have much more width than JT elites.

Old May 2nd, 2014, 11:07   #13
BioRage

Quote:
I have the fan revision goggles with a clear and yellow thermal lense and they are good, especially for helmets. I just don't like the way the straps are extended way beyond the sides of the goggles for this exact use.

When you use them without a helmet it looks like your head is really wide , they have much more width than JT elites.
Haha, thanks for the input. So you noticed with the thermal lens + fan = big differences over just the normal fan?

Thanks.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 11:10   #14
MADDOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Haha, thanks for the input. So you noticed with the thermal lens + fan = big differences over just the normal fan?

Thanks.
Big difference, I could not use them without the thermals and foam removed the fan is not that powerful but it does work. If my JT's ever get scratched these are my go too backup because they work

Old May 2nd, 2014, 11:17   #15
BioRage

Quote:
Big difference, I could not use them without the thermals and foam removed the fan is not that powerful but it does work. If my JT's ever get scratched these are my go too backup because they work
Thanks, ordered mine just now in clear!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion