Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New to Competitive Airsoft

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 4th, 2014, 18:36   #1
EpicWindz

New to Competitive Airsoft

Well, first off. I used to have a decent AEG. (Canadian C8 Assault Rifle) And I was really proud of it! Until it broke. This lead me to sell my tac-vest and some other accessories. But I have looked back at that, and now I regret it. But, now I have a job, so I can begin purchasing new and better airsoft equipment than before! (After I finish building my Gaming PC of course, which is 2-3 months away from completion) But, I should be buying everything, in time for the next airsoft season! (if that's a thing and people take a break during the winter) But, I need some help on purchasing new things, and finding what equipment will suit me best! but, Keep in mind that I won't be buying this stuff for some time now! And I'd eventually like to have around 2-3 different 'loadouts' That I could change before an op to suit different scenarios. (Different environment, long range, CQB, stealth, etc) I'd also like to have alot of different attachments wo suit these needs aswell! But, I can't look myself, because I don't really know what I'm looking for! Anyways, just PM me if you want to work with me and help me choose my gear!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by EpicWindz; August 4th, 2014 at 19:12.. Reason: Unneeded Post script.
EpicWindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 19:24   #2
Juic3
freakonleash

What kind of platform you want : AK, M4, G36, smg, lmg
Any impression you wanna make: a country , a unit ,ect
gbbr or aeg , ect
Old August 4th, 2014, 19:36   #3
EpicWindz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juic3 View Post
What kind of platform you want : AK, M4, G36, smg, lmg
Any impression you wanna make: a country , a unit ,ect
gbbr or aeg , ect
I want an assault rifle, Like M4, HK M416, ACR, G36C, HK m417, M14 EBR, M110, Mk12, SCAR-H, MP7, Maybe an AK, but I don't know. Also, I'd like to make an impression of JTF2 or the Tier 1 Ops from MoH and MoH Warfighter. And, I'd love a gas rifle, but they are really expensive compared to an Aeg, so, probably an AEG for now

Last edited by EpicWindz; August 4th, 2014 at 19:56.. Reason: Adding info
Old August 4th, 2014, 19:40   #4
j_march

how old are you??
Old August 4th, 2014, 19:51   #5
EpicWindz

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_march View Post
how old are you??
Currently I'm 16, but turning 17 next year and joinging the Canadian Military Reserves
Old August 4th, 2014, 19:58   #6
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I don't think you will be able to play much, since most games are 18+.

From what you have said here, you don't really know what you want. I suggest you wait untill you are 18 to make a well tought out decision. Untill then, keep reading. You won't regret it when you join us.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 20:01   #7
EpicWindz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
I don't think you will be able to play much, since most games are 18+.

From what you have said here, you don't really know what you want. I suggest you wait untill you are 18 to make a well tought out decision. Untill then, keep reading. You won't regret it when you join us.
naww, I found a group in my town that accepts members based on their maturity
Old August 4th, 2014, 20:25   #8
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
3 different load outs.....

I really hope you are working in the oil sands or something..... for a 16 year old to purchase that amount of kit....wooooooo.

But I agree with the others...you should probably do some reaserch int oa gun you like to actually narrow down your selection instead of just saying "I LEIK GAWNZ, WHICH SHOULD I PICK?". M4's are the obvious choice for most people, but personally m4's are a dime a dozen in the airsoft community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2014, 14:44   #9
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
I really hope you are working in the oil sands or something.....
On that note, is anyone here at Suncor Firebag? If my days off and what not work out maybe you can meet me. And BTW Daishi, not everyone makes crazy money in the sands (I'm one of them, because I don't have enough experience yet) and some who do seem to go broke by the time they're on their next rotation and have to bum cigs off everyone (probably all the blackjack and hookers).

And OP, just get one platform. It's easy and you'll be ready to rock and roll for whatever scenario and/or game you may find yourself at.

That said, I'm kind of an idiot and now I have like 3 AR's (one is in pieces waiting to be built up but I have no time) and a GBBR AK so don't do what I tell you if you don't want to cause I'd be a hypocrite to tell you to just get one rifle and focus on one loadout.

Last edited by L473ncy; August 7th, 2014 at 14:47..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank