Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

magpul PTS Masada selector switch

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 17th, 2015, 22:46   #1
waylander

magpul PTS Masada selector switch

Hey guys,

Just picked up a Magpul PTS Masada and the selector switch is missing on one side and is loose between semi and full auto. Basically, there is no resistance at all between the two. Trying to source the selector plate and switch, anyone have any idea who might carry them?

If I can't find one, anyone out there can can 3D print one or machine one?
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2015, 23:32   #2
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

oh man I sold mine cause of issues like this. assuming you bought used. I am going to either 3D print or look at Ehobby. it's OEM Ares so you may find it under spare parts if you can't under PTS. problem is PTS is put of business and production stopped a while back. Good Luck mate. the later model A&K are very nice (about the same external quailty as the PTS) and the external parts like the selector switch might be compatible aswell.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2015, 01:47   #3
waylander

ahhhh, thanks for the heads up... I haven't pulled the gearbox yet, maybe tomorrow, I'm hoping the switch itself I can mod up from some other switch, it's the plate that's got me worried.

I think I'm going to have to find someone to machine one from aluminum or 3D print one... sucks.... great looking gun otherwise
Old October 19th, 2015, 11:06   #4
waylander

So update, pulled the gear box and the plate is fine so basically just need the selector switch... unfortunately, they are all sold out everywhere I looked. So now I need some help finding something that I might be able to fit/mod to work. Don't care how it looks or if it matches the other one but the underside should look like this.

Old October 19th, 2015, 11:10   #5
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

You could try contacting PTS, their customer service was horrible for me but you might get lucky. They did say to me originally when I purchased my Masada that they would support the rifle even though they stopped making them.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2015, 11:54   #6
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

The A&K switch looks to have the same shape on the inside might work too. I can't tell if the tolerances are exact, but the A&Ks are now made of the same polymer.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2015, 12:04   #7
waylander

Ya I've had that problem with PTS in the past as well. They have some great guns but they use so many different OEM's that it's hard sourcing parts.

Ya, I've tried to find the A&K ones as well. Everyone I checked either doesn't carry them or they are out of stock.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications