Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Any updates G&G rk103 mods?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old November 2nd, 2015, 04:43   #1
Saint_blackhand

Any updates G&G rk103 mods?

Hey guys, I looked at old threads about the RK103.
I am trying to remove the front sight, I am trying to the adaptor on the barrel.
Any suggestions? I am also going cut down the outer barrel with the intent shorten the whole gun, gas tube and foregrip.

Thanks for looking.

I shop here :
www.Pocomilitary.com
www.halifaxairsoftwholesale.com
Saint_blackhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2015, 01:40   #2
Saint_blackhand

Well good news I got the front sight off, i pushed out the pins then I used a heat gun to heat the sight. It twisted with a set of channel lock. The glue was strong but the heat gun made ahort work of it.

I shop here :
www.Pocomilitary.com
www.halifaxairsoftwholesale.com
Saint_blackhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 15:12   #3
Theesire
Banned

I've owned the RK104 for a little over two years, assuming the only differences are barrel length and maybe furniture, you may run in to similar issues as me.
The handguards don't appear to be of a regular spec, I've had to modify wooden RPK and polymer AK74 style CYMA ones to fit.
If you own the collapsible stock version you're basically sol on using anything but M4/16 stocks and from what I've gathered there are no conversions for solid or folding stocks available, I'll be putting an ugly ass M16 stock on mine because 5000mAh lipos look like shit taped/banded to the side of a crane stock and it's bad to have such a large battery exposed imo.
The hex/allen screws used to take the front assembly of the gun off are very strip-able, and getting a dremel in there is a pain in the ass.
The selector switch for me is loose, it appears the grinding in to the receiver actually caused it to be ineffective, as well as a spare G&G one off an AKS74u, so you may want to look in to those for the future. Not an issue if you have a normal RPS or stick to semi but on full auto at high RPS I find it dances down, and of course doesn't click nicely in to place anywhere.
Everything inside the gun is imperial and not metric, the hex screws anyway.
Standard AK pistol grips.
I've seen one thread adaptor, I believe it was on ehobbyasia, but G&G also sells suppressors for the 22mm (?) threads they use if that's what you were looking for, alternatively if you want to spend money I believe the threads are to the same specs as real steel AK hiders/compensators/muzzle breaks.
Glue/loctite your pins in or something, the one which holds my sight fell out while playing and it's wired up with some old copper wire temporarily.
Theesire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 15:15   #4
Theesire
Banned

Oh shit I almost forgot.
Having seen newer models of this series now it appears that G&G has fixed this issue but you may still have it.
If your magazine eject lever keeps falling half way out and you have to fight with it and fix it in the field a lot the best fix is to cover both sides with CA/super glue. I had tape over the side for a while to prevent my pin from falling all the way out and I even tried changing trigger guards, but the best fix for me was the CA glue.
Theesire is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications