Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Bbs flying left.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 14th, 2016, 21:43   #1
Chairs

Bbs flying left.

Hey guys I recently installed a promi and polar star jack into my krytac. The nozzle on the jack looks lined up perfectly and nothing in the barrel it's squeekie clean but my bbs veer heavily to left. Like I have to aim almost a foot or two to right at 50 yards. Even had my backup m4 with e and tried swapping barrel an hop up rubber and does the same. Only thing I couldn't swap was the hop up chamber itself. Gun worked perfectly before both upgrades
Chairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 22:04   #2
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairs View Post
Hey guys I recently installed a promi and polar star jack into my krytac. The nozzle on the jack looks lined up perfectly and nothing in the barrel it's squeekie clean but my bbs veer heavily to left. Like I have to aim almost a foot or two to right at 50 yards. Even had my backup m4 with e and tried swapping barrel an hop up rubber and does the same. Only thing I couldn't swap was the hop up chamber itself. Gun worked perfectly before both upgrades
So you ruled out the barrel, and hop up, what's left for you to diagnose?

Have you tried adjusting your sights? If you want your shots to go right, adjust your sights to the right.

Last edited by RainyEyes; February 14th, 2016 at 22:08.. Reason: Typo
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 22:13   #3
Chairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
So you ruled out the barrel, and hop up, what's left for you to diagnose?

Have you tried adjusting your sights? If you want your shots to go right, adjust your sights to the right.
No I mean I can curve bbs around corners.
Old February 14th, 2016, 22:16   #4
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Regardless of whether or not the air nozzle is misaligned to the barrel, it can't influence the direction of the BB. And you've apparently already ruled out the barrel group.
Are the BBs slicing to the left? Or is the gun shooting in a straight line, but just over to the left?
If they're slicing, it might be that your outer barrel is tilted.

If you couldn't swap the hop chamber, did you swap the nub?
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 22:25   #5
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

It's something in the path of the BB. As stated above, it could be your barrel is bent, but that would probably cause them just to go left, not to curve left. Barrel is an obvious one, debris or damage can cause deviations. The big one is hop-up. If the hop is twisted, tilted, or the bucks nvg isn't sitting straight and even it will make them curve away from center. If all that looks good then it could be a relationship between your gun and how the barrel grouping fits in it. If say pressure is applied to one side of the Hop, it could be doing it. Perhaps it's not all sitting together right? Anyways, rebuild the hop and barrel grouping, ensuring a good airseal and that everything is clean and seated correctly, make sure your nozzle and receiver (everything that touched or comes near the barrel grouping) is seated and put together properly. Use good quality BBs and magazines as well.
Old February 14th, 2016, 22:28   #6
Chairs

It's slicing left. I didn't think the hpa nozzle was the issue but I'm new and newer yet to hpa so just needed a confirmation that no its something to do with hop up. Going to flat hop it tomorrow so hopefully it was a weird cold day nub issue.
Old February 14th, 2016, 23:02   #7
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Flat hop is the way to go. Make sure your barrel is clean as a whistle and the grouping is seated properly. Hopefully it will be resolved.
Old February 15th, 2016, 03:13   #8
AnthonyG
LUser Title

I know nothing about hpa, but I feel like the problem could be the hop-up rubber or nub. Take your barrel assembly out and look down it from the hop-up side. With the hop up on, is the protrusion into the barrel fairly even, or is it lop-sided? If its nice and even, and your barrel is straight as others have suggested, then you could probably rule out it being a hop-up issue.

In theory, If there is uneven pressure applied to the BB from one side or the other, it could spin sideways and arc as you are describing, much like a pitcher's curve ball in baseball.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

*Busy signing for his packages*
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 11:53   #9
Chairs

UPDATE! OK so threw the oem barrel back in and quadruple check make sure hop up looks even ect. Shoots straight now but the bbs for couple shots under hop then they severe over hop and then go back to under hopping with no changes in hop up dial and it's not moving
Old February 15th, 2016, 12:58   #10
JKxWKW

Quote:
No I mean I can curve bbs around corners.
Like the movie Wanted?
Old February 15th, 2016, 13:52   #11
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
UPDATE! OK so threw the oem barrel back in and quadruple check make sure hop up looks even ect. Shoots straight now but the bbs for couple shots under hop then they severe over hop and then go back to under hopping with no changes in hop up dial and it's not moving
overhop to underhop could be a seal problem.
try chronoing it
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 15:47   #12
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
overhop to underhop could be a seal problem.
try chronoing it
Sounds like your hop-up rubber is too soft for the FPS you're shooting and tore after the first few shots. Chrono and let us know the results, since that's kind of important for your hop-up lol.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2016, 21:55   #13
Chairs

Hop up looks fine but can't chrono atm. Having issues with broken hop up chamber from my stupidity. And of course it's a krytac and not sure if other m4 styles will fi(my ics m4 woukdnt)
Old March 26th, 2016, 18:53   #14
etown

Any solution to this? I am having a very similar problem after upgrading to hpa. The only remedy I can find is using heavier bbs, and that only helps slightly.
etown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2016, 22:30   #15
The Legacy

Chairs, are you testing outside? If so, could it be the wind? I know it's extremely unlikely based on what you and others have said, but I felt like it's worth mentioning. I've noticed BB's shifting pretty hard in the right circumstances.
The Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner