Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Well L96 PDI Hop Up - Mag Fitment issues

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 5th, 2016, 08:19   #1
Bar1975

Well L96 PDI Hop Up - Mag Fitment issues

just installed a brand new PDI Hop Unit and now the mags don't spring out like they did with the stock hop installed.

I have to pretty much pry them out of the mag well now.

Are these hop units known to be tight? Should i consider sanding down the feed lip on the mags a little to see if that works?
Bar1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2016, 12:37   #2
Zeroroaster

Just curious, how's your side to side alignment of the hop up? Did it turn slightly when you put it back in the barrel? Other than that, where's it binding? Front, rear, either side? Sorry for all the questions, but I've never seen a properly aligned L96 hop up bind on the mag. Interesting...
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2016, 17:43   #3
Bar1975

ive checked for all of this... the only way to install the hop is to screw the mag release directly through the outter barrel into the hop unit. Doing this aligned the hop window with the barrel... this 'should' be ok and not really causing the issue..

after further investigation the mag seems to be hitting off the upper receiver which you can see when looking into the magwell. i can see a small part of the upper receiver looking into the magwell when full assembled.

this is causing it to align wrong in the well.. to remedy this i have to press in on the mag slightly which seems to align it properly then it springs out no problems..

An ever so slight mis-alignment somewhere/somehow after installing the PDI Hop Up is the cause though as it was not like this with stock hop up
Bar1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2016, 11:35   #4
Zeroroaster

Got it. That PDI unit isn't all it's cracked up to be, and yeah, I had the same issue, sort of. Had to wiggle the mag to get it seat right. I also found the dual arms to be a complete pain in the donkey.

Since then, I found a CNC brass hop up on eBay that's kind of halfway between the PDI and stock. Works WAY better. This whole bolt gun thing seems to a continuously evolving art form of tweaking and machining. hehehe. In fact, as the season winds down here it'll probably be time to tear the bolt gun down again in some other foolish quest for ridiculous range. It's only money, right?

Glad you found the cause of the glitch.
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner