Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Potential New Retailer In Belleville Ontario

:

Gear Discussion

Old June 21st, 2006, 06:31   #1
Woodworker420

Exclamation Potential New Retailer In Belleville Ontario

A friend of mine is huge into Airsoft and may be opening an Airsoft store in Belleville Ontario, and is also looking to get a league or team togeather for the area, just by a showing on the forum how many people would be interested? And how many people are from that area, or how many would be willing to make the journey out for guns / accessories / gear or leagues!?!?
Old June 21st, 2006, 07:58   #2
ohboil

Send a message via MSN to ohboil
I would be interested in gear and guns.
ohboil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 09:54   #3
ToRN

Send a message via AIM to ToRN Send a message via MSN to ToRN Send a message via Skype™ to ToRN
*sigh*

please come back when you are more serious about this, or when you have your store running, or website up. You wouldn't believe how many wannabes have come before you (rather, you would, if you searched for it)
Give your head a shake, man. You don't jump out of a shaky car so you can ride in one that's on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_Man_in_CADPATs
I also noticed for the first time that Bod sounds a lot like Jango Fett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
I like the part where he got banned.
ToRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 10:02   #4
Woodworker420

he has me doing a bit of market research for him, its a big jump to start up a business and invest in inventories and gear unless you are completley sure there will be a stable enough market for it.
If i get only 1 reply to this thread then we know that not enough people would be interested, or at least thats my take, i guess the final decision is up to him!
Old June 21st, 2006, 10:20   #5
ATREYU

Send a message via ICQ to ATREYU Send a message via MSN to ATREYU Send a message via Skype™ to ATREYU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker420
A friend of mine is huge into Airsoft and may be opening an Airsoft store in Belleville Ontario, and is also looking to get a league or team togeather for the area, just by a showing on the forum how many people would be interested? And how many people are from that area, or how many would be willing to make the journey out for guns / accessories / gear or leagues!?!?
If he was "huge into airsoft" then we may well know him. What's his name and why hasn't he posted himself?
Old June 21st, 2006, 10:27   #6
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
wow, you get to be the vice president of market research for a new airsoft retailer. This must be very exciting for both of you. What is the significance of the 420 after your call sign? Is that your birthday? I heard some one else was opening an Airsoft armoury too, maybe he can give you some tips.
Cheers
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 11:30   #7
Woodworker420

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATREYU
If he was "huge into airsoft" then we may well know him. What's his name and why hasn't he posted himself?
When i say "Huge" into airsoft its a relative term, hes from belleville, and we dont have the most dazzling population out there, hes the biggest fan i know which means little to most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue
wow, you get to be the vice president of market research for a new airsoft retailer. This must be very exciting for both of you. What is the significance of the 420 after your call sign? Is that your birthday? I heard some one else was opening an Airsoft armoury too, maybe he can give you some tips.
Cheers
As for the "Vice president of market research" it would be exciting if it was a payed position or i would get some sort of discount, but i dont so im just helping a friend, and in regards to the 420 after my name....what do you think it stands for? Ill give you a hint...it starts with M, and ends in arijuana!

Thanks for the warm welcome and the helpfull tips!
Old June 21st, 2006, 11:55   #8
Gordon

What a harsh welcome. This may not be the best category for the topic, but why be so snippy, guys?

I agree though, it seems a little silly he hasn't posted on here himself. Plus, regardless of Belleville suppport, there is definitely a market for this kind of store through online sales and whatnot. It's just a matter of how much capital is required to start it up (which I have no idea of). I'm not sure how helpful anyone will be in that regard, since anyone who would know probably has such a store and would be in competition with you(r friend) or knows someone with one well. But hey, a little competition never hurt anyone.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 12:22   #9
Greylocks

Competition is wonderful, but... the problem was pointed out; there are been so many folks saying the same thing in the past that we are jaded?
If he's serious, and does it, clients will come. It's really that simple.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 12:54   #10
Pliskin

Send a message via MSN to Pliskin
I think your best bet would be to start in/around Ottawa, because it's the hight of Airsoft activity, but Belleville would be just fine as well.

But you should probably get your friend on here himself to keep everyone updated on the status.

Several questions, also;

Does he have a premesis ready to build/open the store on?
Is he ready to commit 80% of his day working?
Is he ready to deal with Custom's and importing firearms?
Is he ready to pay to get the gear and things he needs to operate?

Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 07:03   #11
Woodworker420

I think i will mention to him the concept of opening an online store, as opposed to a store front, maybe he will take to that, from what i have seen anyway online seems to be the way to go.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old June 22nd, 2006, 09:52   #12
Greylocks

Why did you not answer the question? Is he ready to get the proper permits for importation?
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:34   #13
Lakonian
kos

You know this isn't going anywhere, right?
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:40   #14
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

I would assume that if this did in fact take off, your "friend" would not be selling to those under the age of 18 correct?
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:34   #15
Woodworker420

yeah, if the business was started he would obviously have to abide by all rules and regulations, permits and laws...of course. And as for if he is ready for all the permits, property, and all other angles, this was a preliminary step simply to see the number of airsoft enthusiasts who were interested, based on the feedback the decision would be made on weather or not it was worth the risk and investment.
He is familiar with the processes in starting up a business, but needs to do more research on all the laws and regulations of selling airsoft weapons and gear.

As of this point i would say as you all have thought, this isnt going anywhere!.... at least until he has done all the work researching it and familiarizing himself with laws and permits, to sell airsoft gear.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion