Airsoft on Crown Land.

:

General

Old September 8th, 2006, 10:24   #1
Kurgan

Send a message via MSN to Kurgan
Airsoft on Crown Land.

Folks,
After a bit of research and speaking with the Provincial Government reps at Natural Resources, I've found out that we (only applies to New Brunswick) can use crown land for gaming. The only provisions are,
1. Carry out everything brought on site, garbabe, septic waste, waste water...etc. Users must leave the site in the same condition as it was prior to their arrival.
2. Park vehicles in a manner that does not block a roadway, trail or access to a watercourse.
3. Obey all restricitons, postings and closures.
4. Comply with all existing legislation.

As a matter of courtesy, we should consult the local Rangers office as to our location of the game(s) to ensure we are not playing in any sensitive areas, near any commercial wood harvesting operations, or on anyone's "leased" crown lands.

In short, check with the Natural Resources office in your area to see if they know of areas you should not be in.

This only applies to The Province of New Brunswick players. I encourage other provinces to check with your Provincial government to see what if any restrictions are in place with regards to accessing crown land. Most crown land is owned by the Federal Government and administered by the Provincial Goverments.

Good luck.
Old September 8th, 2006, 10:38   #2
skewed

If it's all cool with the authorities, that's groovy. The only stumbling block I can think of is, what happens if someone is out hiking or something and they wander into your game?
skewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 10:51   #3
Kurgan

As long as you've informed the Rangers office and cleared the location with them it isn't a problem. I wouldn't suggest you try to play on a patch of crown land in your downtown district....try to pick an area that you can be very sure that you won't get many walkers or stray hikers. Most people will check in with a rangers office to see if it's ok to hike or camp in an area before they do so.

If someone does happen to enter the game area, I would suggest the person be greeted in a friendly happy manner, you should instantly turn in to an embassador for the sport and let them try out your weapon, marvel at the hardware and complexity of the game. Better the game stop for 15mins and try to recruit/inform a passer by then get angry and give them a reason to try to kill the sport.

I know most people would consider the above embassador suggestion to be common sense.....but for some, it may have to be stated.
Old September 8th, 2006, 11:09   #4
thephenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
1. Carry out everything brought on site, garbabe, septic waste, waste water...etc. Users must leave the site in the same condition as it was prior to their arrival.
Does that mean you gotta pickup all your BBs?
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 11:27   #5
ValkXB70

Send a message via ICQ to ValkXB70 Send a message via MSN to ValkXB70
Well we in the MAA have played on crown land before (we have written permission to do so). I would not advise it however. Since the terror training camp was found in Ontario, we decided that the potential for trouble was too great. Here is how we thought the situation was likely to play out:

John and Jane Q. Public goes out for a nice nature hike, and comes across a group of men unloading what appears to be automatic rifles and wearing camoflauge. They whip out the handy cell phone and dial 911, reporting that there are terrorist in the park. The local RCMP is dispatched along with the nearest city ERT squad. In the middle of the game all of a sudden there are RCMP officers pointing real guns at us telling us to put lie down with our hands behind our backs. We are then cuffed and seperated for questioning as they try to determine our identities and what we are doing. At the very leat our names are now mentioned in a police report. At the very worst our confiscated airsoft guns are now sent to RCMP laboratories for testing to determine their validity as being a replica firearm.

Now that scenario is not the most likely to happen, and may be going too far. However is it worth the risk? We thought no. You might be better off talking to a local land owner and making a private deal to use their lands.
ValkXB70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:01   #6
Kurgan

I'm not sure where you fellas have played, or are planning on playing, but it doesn't sound like you're going too far from suburbia. I would suggest you look deeper into less travelled areas. Put signs in your vehicle windows on the roads, let people know you're there. You can't just play anywhere....you've gotta put some thought into it.

The same little senario could happen on private property also. John and Jane don't consider themselves tresspassers if they're just on a nice nature hike.
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:18   #7
ValkXB70

Hour and 45 min away from the nearest City. Believe me there was signifigant amount of thought put into where we play (and have played). But you are right, it can happen anywhere.
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:25   #8
Kurgan

Wow...I guess that was far enough... Luckily here in NB we don't have near the population as most provinces. I do agree that nobody wants to have the John Jane senario, but we shouldn't have to leave prime realestate cause some "terrorist" tried to subcontract his training to a canadian group.

Everyone is proud of their weapons and the near authenticity of the milsims. We should stand by Airsoft gaming not put her in the closet cause someone is afraid of her.
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:33   #9
ValkXB70

Yes and no. If someone does contact the RCMP and they do decide to evaluate your AEG's and GBB's, then they could also ban them. It happened in BC with the ban on Tokyo Marui.

Main thing is to stay smart, avoid people who do not know what it is you are doing, and if confronted by LE, follow every order they give you.
Old September 8th, 2006, 18:53   #10
sukivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValkXB70
Yes and no. If someone does contact the RCMP and they do decide to evaluate your AEG's and GBB's, then they could also ban them. It happened in BC with the ban on Tokyo Marui.

Main thing is to stay smart, avoid people who do not know what it is you are doing, and if confronted by LE, follow every order they give you.
TM is banned here? What are you talking about? :???:
sukivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 21:54   #11
PTE. Pyle

Send a message via MSN to PTE. Pyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukivan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValkXB70

TM is banned here? What are you talking about? :???:
it was a stupid little thing last summer that the cbsa put restrictions on tm guns. its nothing to worry about it was repealed about a week later and did no harm. we still got our guns. it seams at the end of every summer the government dose some stupid strange little tactic to get a handel of what is going on. seirously dont put to much thaught in to it it is really nothing to get worried about....
Old September 9th, 2006, 13:50   #12
ValkXB70

My apologies I did not know the ban was removed.
Old September 9th, 2006, 14:09   #13
mcguyver

You can't really play on Crown land in Northern Alberta. Not only is nearly all of it under lease, but the stuff that isn't always has surveyors on it for something.

And those pot-smokers ARE armed with real guns (job hazards, bears, etc). Imagine one of them in a THC-haze walking up on a bunch of guys that appear to have real guns being used in what appears to be a violent manner.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 15:40   #14
trufret

Send a message via ICQ to trufret Send a message via MSN to trufret
Someone who is stoned isn't going to go looking for a fight. if they were drunk off their ass maybe.

My OLD BUY/SELL Rating

Site Admin: Windsor Airsoft Club
trufret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 16:01   #15
Pliskin

Send a message via MSN to Pliskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by trufret
Someone who is stoned isn't going to go looking for a fight. if they were drunk off their ass maybe.
"HEY DUDES! I've got a gun too! *points and shoots*"

Bang. Spell it out? Bye bye airsoft :sad:

Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General