Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWA glock 19 slide paint job

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 9th, 2007, 00:52   #1
Solizone

KWA glock 19 slide paint job

I was just about to order the KWA glock 19 after numerous months of reading reviews and deals online until i stumble to this persons review on airsoft GI saying when he got his glock from GI, "Another thing was the paintjob, Wasn't the best, very thing cheap glossy black paint that can be scratched off with a fingernail, and the orange paint was 3 times as thick as the slide's paint and almost looked like a plastic cap on the front of the slide" well since he was the only person in the reviews I ever read that said something about this issue, is this true at all? Are there any people out there who owns a KWA glock 19 with this problem of bad paint job? cause the last thing i want to see is my glock's slide all scratched up and I'm not going to strip the slide (and bad paint job with it if its that true) down bare silver for authentic sake. Thanks.

link to his review below if you want to read: (first review by Mcabe)
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_rev..._id=241&page=2

Last edited by Solizone; January 9th, 2007 at 01:01..
Solizone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 01:17   #2
underground

well first of all, you can't order from airsoft GI as far as I know, be sure to check out the top of this page under canadian retailers to buy guns from

as for the paint, all (if any just a few) are orange paint free. I believe Airsoft GI or whatever is American and its mandatory to have it painted on there as part of the american law for airsoft. Here it is legal to not have it so don't expect guns imported into canada to have them unless otherwise stated.

As for the glossy look, I read about that too but there are lots of reviews out there saying that the gun shines more in the light but not to an extent where it looks too "fake". Its debatable but I took all those things in consideration after 2 months of researching. Google "KWA Glock 19 Reviews" and you should find all the information you need Also note that the KWA Glock 19 does not carry the trademarks anymore due to legal issues with Glock.
underground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 08:21   #3
Greylocks

If your profile tells us your location, you will get a better answer. Laws change by country.

Also check out the age-verification process as soon as possible. If you live in Canada, you must go through that first. It will allow you access to the classifieds section, for starters.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 19:18   #4
Solizone

I live in Seattle U.S. and how do i get Age verified? most of the reviews I read says nothing about the paint scratching out easily except the one I said, so I'm just skeptical if thats true. And I read about that KWA have no trademark or trigger safety too but a KSC model is hard to find since they don't really export over here.
Old January 9th, 2007, 19:26   #5
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Don't worry too much about the baove posts, it's pretty obvious both originated from your not posting your location in the first place. You don't need ot be age verified for info, so it's not a concern for yo uunless yo uplan to buy from someone on ASC (and good luck getting verified by someone, unless you luck out and someone here hasa business trip to Seattle.) Overall you are in a good position to order guns, parts and such, because yo uwill get them much cheaper down there, even if you order from overseas.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 19:44   #6
Greylocks

As said, age-verification applies only in Canada. That is why your location is important. The other main reason is that US laws are quite different, and the places you can order from are far more numerous than ours.

So now that we know you can order pretty much anything you want from anywhere, it gives us far more choices to give you answers.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 03:05   #7
Solizone

Well, I think i'm going to get KSC Glock 19 over the KWA because of better reviews. Now I heard that when you get a metal slide and spring upgrade and all for the KSC Glock 19, It could use the green gas instead of the less powerful gas its suppose to use? Is that true? Thanks. This will be my first GBB i'll buy so sorry i'm a noob.
Old January 12th, 2007, 14:46   #8
Xepharo

I have two KWA G19s... One from Canada, one from US.
Both with metal slide, metal barrel, OEM hammer/recoil spring.
Valves are also OEM... I've shot thousands of rounds through them both.
I lubed them well with 100% pure silicon oil... nothing's broken yet, except the mag catch is starting to wear off, I just ordered two G19 metal mag catch.

My point is, just go with KWA G19, nothin will go wrong.

edit: forgot to mention. I sanded down my American KWA G19. It looked pretty sexy, then I got bored. I've recently applied primer, krylon OD paint, and flat matte clear protection.

Last edited by Xepharo; January 12th, 2007 at 14:50..
Xepharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 15:58   #9
Gh05t

isnt fixing mag catches hard? i heard a gun smith may be required
Gh05t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 17:24   #10
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

He means he's replacing the stock plastic mag catch with a new metal one. Removing one and installing the new one isn't difficult, just takes a few tries to get the spring unhooked in order to remove the mag catch. And about 1mm or so of the spring (it's simply a straight piece of spring rod) needs to be trimmed off one end of it to fit the metal mag catch.
Old February 25th, 2007, 17:45   #11
takatorikku
UnVerified

he might as well grab a KSC G19. He's in the US, he won't get raped by high prices like we do. as for green gas usage, yeah once you go metal, you can use propane or green gas.
Old February 27th, 2007, 00:41   #12
Solizone

The prices here in the U.S. arn't that good either, the average of a KWA G19 would be $100 USD while the lowest KSC G19 model for me which includes shipping and tax is $141.23 USD. And that is the lowest price. (Apparently only one retailer in the entire US has a KSC G19 model) So I settled with the KWA G19. The KWA version is great and I have absolutely no regrets of getting a KWA instead of the KSC version and I had it for about three weeks now and no problems at all. Although the lack of trigger safety bugs me now and then its sure not worth spending an extra 41 dolars just for a trigger safety with a plastic slide. I wonder why I even stressed about which to have.
Old February 27th, 2007, 09:39   #13
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

KSC has a much nicer frame. It's filled with metal powder, which makes it heavier and cool to the touch. I'd take a KSC anyday over a KWA.
Old February 27th, 2007, 09:44   #14
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solizone View Post
The prices here in the U.S. arn't that good either, the average of a KWA G19 would be $100 USD while the lowest KSC G19 model for me which includes shipping and tax is $141.23 USD.

Those prices even with the exchange are pretty damn good compared to up here....

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion