Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

About Onlybatteries.com

:

General

Old April 1st, 2007, 17:24   #1
Malinak

Send a message via MSN to Malinak
About Onlybatteries.com

Wondering if anyone here can tell me if Onlybatteries.com is located in Canada or the U.S? Wondering if I will get hit with duties and how bad shipping will be, that sort of thing, so the location would be helpfull.

Thanks.
Old April 1st, 2007, 23:00   #2
pawscal
Check out cheapbatterypacks.com they got great prices. I ordered 3 packs from them and had them in 4 days and no duties.
Old April 1st, 2007, 23:31   #3
Porkchop

Send a message via ICQ to Porkchop
Malinak,
I tried "only batteries". They are in Oregon.
Not too bad, but Revenue Canada does slap on the taxes and thene there is that 8 dollar delivery fee from Canada post.
Shipping took around two weeks. Pricewise I would say they are a touch more than cheap batteries.

Cry "Haddock" and let slip the hounds of Beer
[-brought to you courtesy of Salamander Army -]
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2007, 23:32   #4
dontask

Send a message via MSN to dontask
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawscal View Post
Check out cheapbatterypacks.com they got great prices. I ordered 3 packs from them and had them in 4 days and no duties.
whoa no duties?
I got dutied on mine(not from that site)... $40 on a $60 order....
dontask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2007, 23:43   #5
pawscal
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontask View Post
whoa no duties?
I got dutied on mine(not from that site)... $40 on a $60 order....

I had a 70$ order and no fees , they declared the value at 15$ so they dont charge fees if its below 20$ I think...
Old April 1st, 2007, 23:57   #6
dontask

did you tell them to declare it at $15 or did they automatically did it for you?
Old April 2nd, 2007, 00:02   #7
pawscal
nope they did it themselves
Old April 2nd, 2007, 00:03   #8
dontask

that's awesome... I'll probably order from them next time
Old April 2nd, 2007, 04:23   #9
Rukus

I use cheapbatterypacks.com they've done a great job, and I haven't been nailed with anything for taxes or boarder fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Toys: SSG24, JG BAR 10, Krytac CRB, Krytac SPR, GG Black Orchid APR 9, Taurus PT99, TM MK23
Rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 16:08   #10
Kos-Mos

Yeah when you order something like batteries, just e-mail them right after and ask them to send the packaged marked "gift" and only have it at 15$.

that way it will always arrive nice and in time
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 16:44   #11
WhatTheWho

Wow, someone came back out from Airsoft hibernation!
Old April 2nd, 2007, 17:46   #12
asit888

Just placed an order from Onlybatteries.com, not sure where they are from but they i did noticed during the final steps they charged me GST. Ordered from cheapbatterypacks.con and onlybatterypacks.com on the same day for aprox same value of stuff. Cheapbatterypacks arrived two days eariler than onlybatterypacks, none were taxed. A couple members of my family who work at Canada Post sorting plant told me that usually 10-15% of inbound packages get opened and inspected for taxation. If the package is marked "merchandise" you will most likely be taxed none the less. If a package is marked "gift" and is inspected, they will tax you according to their charts. They have charts of standard materials, i.e. "T-Shirt - $50.00" etc. You may appeal on any package you were taxed on at time of delivery and the package will be resent back to Customs Canada for review. Never done this myself I am sure it is a long process, see back of customs form for more details. Also there is less chance of getting inspected and subsequently taxed during busy seasons such as Christmas. And of course onces taxed on merchandise Canada Post will throw on a collection + service charge for collecting the money for Customs Canada at your expense.

Update: just received an email from OnlyBatteries.com that package will be coming from Montreal. Hence the charging of GST. Also note that OnlyBatteries and OnlyBatteryPacks are not the same company although their website is very similar. However I did notice that onlybatteries does advertise onlybatterypacks on their website...

Last edited by asit888; April 2nd, 2007 at 18:11..
asit888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 19:54   #13
Malinak

Great, thanks for the info guys.
Now I know it's "safe" to order from them, i'll stop browsing the ebay listings for batteries.

As for the package coming from Montreal, thats actually what I had thought. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing an ebay ad for onlybatteries where they wrote thier -place of origin. So thats even better.

Thanks again,
Malinak.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 19:57   #14
Malinak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheWho View Post
Wow, someone came back out from Airsoft hibernation!
Ya, I'm back.
Real world life has been going pretty shitty, but thats all worked out now.

Now I just need to get an AEG up to par and hopefully be at some games this summer.
Old May 15th, 2007, 23:08   #15
snakeeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
I use cheapbatterypacks.com they've done a great job, and I haven't been nailed with anything for taxes or boarder fees.
Just wanted to put this up here. I ordered from cheap battery packs. I check the mail 5 days later, find a package from them. So i will give them cred for quick shipping. Only one prob though. Aside from some bubble wrap, MY PACKAGE WAS EMPTY!!!! It was covered on one side with clear tape and was obviously tampered with. Though this was most likey US Postals fault, just a reminder that insurance is always worth it!!! (from United states of crookedland)
snakeeater is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General