Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Gorilla Surplus Vancouver & Airsoft

:

General

Old December 21st, 2007, 17:07   #46
Aznpride
Banned

I support a dealer with +18 rules in place despite being a minor myself. What I need most is a local source for accessories - better to see the product yourself, and buy it locally, then to wait for a week for the thing to come from hong kong, and finally realize you've been finger-fucked like Mary Jane Rottencrotch in her pretty pink panties when you see that they forgot the fucking adapter for the charger (happened once, will happen again). It'd hopefully create enough competition to lower prices across the country - I understand all shops need to cover costs, fees, taxes, shipping and also make a profit for themselves, but I'd rather not have ridiculous markups A&A and 007Airsoft are famous for. While it's indisputable that the Lower Mainland's Airsoft population would strongly encourage this to happen, there needs to be a change with the current state of pricing across Canada in order for business to be sucessful.
Aznpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2007, 18:52   #47
Oberst39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznpride View Post
I support a dealer with +18 rules in place despite being a minor myself. What I need most is a local source for accessories - better to see the product yourself, and buy it locally, then to wait for a week for the thing to come from hong kong, and finally realize you've been finger-fucked like Mary Jane Rottencrotch in her pretty pink panties when you see that they forgot the fucking adapter for the charger (happened once, will happen again). It'd hopefully create enough competition to lower prices across the country - I understand all shops need to cover costs, fees, taxes, shipping and also make a profit for themselves, but I'd rather not have ridiculous markups A&A and 007Airsoft are famous for. While it's indisputable that the Lower Mainland's Airsoft population would strongly encourage this to happen, there needs to be a change with the current state of pricing across Canada in order for business to be sucessful.
I totally agree with the above comments. As for selling to minors, I can state that this would not ever happen. 18+ only. In speaking with Rob (Manager at Gorilla) he is very happy with the response from the airsoft community to the idea of having a distributor here in Vancouver. We will endeavour to keep you all aprised as to the progress of making this a reality, and hopefully in the near future we will see Gorilla as another reputable dealer selling at lower prices then other dealers. Stay tuned!!! More to follow!

Oberst39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2007, 18:57   #48
Sergeantmajor

@ Oberst39

no hurry buddy, I still have 3 years to go.
Sergeantmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 16:26   #49
gorillasurplus

Hey everyone!!! Awesome community you have here!!!

Looks like this just might be a go in the new year! I just have to run thru a bit of red tape first (legal implications with selling and buying, meeting with the VPD - thanks Marcus!, prices, shipment dates and how fast we'd be able to get product in if special ordered, etc.) Please start asking questions so I can answer them to the best of my ability - It also lets me learn more about airsoft in general! If I can't answer right off the bat I'll do my best to research and reply!

Again, it might take a month or two to get the ball rolling on this one, and any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Cool beans,
Rob
Gorilla Surplus
gorillasurplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 16:28   #50
Andres

Horray! My first question would be, how big of a stock would you plan on carrying?
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 16:39   #51
Brit ter

I would order airsoft from B.C.
Brit ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 16:41   #52
Murddroce

Send a message via MSN to Murddroce Send a message via Skype™ to Murddroce
what brands would you be planning on carrying?

fuck im stoked for this =)
TM FA-MAS
MadBull Rifle grenade
S&W Sigma 40F
Murddroce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 18:26   #53
Oberst39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillasurplus View Post
Hey everyone!!! Awesome community you have here!!!

Looks like this just might be a go in the new year! I just have to run thru a bit of red tape first (legal implications with selling and buying, meeting with the VPD - thanks Marcus!, prices, shipment dates and how fast we'd be able to get product in if special ordered, etc.) Please start asking questions so I can answer them to the best of my ability - It also lets me learn more about airsoft in general! If I can't answer right off the bat I'll do my best to research and reply!

Again, it might take a month or two to get the ball rolling on this one, and any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Cool beans,
Rob
Gorilla Surplus

Let's give Rob all the help we can as we have an excellent opportunity here to see airsoft expand!

Oberst39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 18:54   #54
Andres

I'm just happy because at the moment, someone with their fingers missing can still count with their hands how many Airsoft suppliers are in Canada.
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 19:11   #55
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillasurplus View Post
I just have to run thru a bit of red tape first (legal implications with selling and buying, meeting with the VPD - thanks Marcus!, prices, shipment dates and how fast we'd be able to get product in if special ordered, etc.)
If I were to start such a business offering, I'd get in touch with Peter from XP (if you can), Wil from Specarms and Matty from Warcraft Games in Mission. They likely won't (or can't) talk about their dealings with the CBSA, but if they can they would be a bundle of good information. I'm not trying to be a party pooper here, but these 3 individuals had all the appropriate paperwork for their respective businesses, and were shut down by the Man anyway. I'd LOVE to see a new place to purchase airsoft, especially if there's walk in sales involved. I hope this works out for everyone, and kudos for setting it up.
Old December 22nd, 2007, 21:22   #56
Aznpride
Banned

and if the AEG part goes sour, you can always import parts, BB's and other much-needed commodities.
Aznpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 21:32   #57
philstructo

ooh for shure it would be great to have a airsoft retailer in B.C.
philstructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 22:01   #58
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
Matty from Warcraft Games in Mission. and were shut down by the Man anyway.
GRRRRR, not them too.
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 23:46   #59
Nik12

Send a message via MSN to Nik12
Not that it will make a huge differnece to me, but yeah it would be good. For nation wide airsofters aswell as the nation airsoft economy. Git r' done.

Out of Sport. Have Fun!
Nik12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2007, 00:20   #60
Pip

Send a message via MSN to Pip
Great idea and i support it fully if things are done by the book. I'd reccomend talking to as many of the current and previous store owners as you can to try and get either advice of help on the process. Good luck and i look forward to hearing some good news.
Smelly troll is smelly.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General