Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hi everyone

:

General

Old April 10th, 2008, 21:35   #1
unit757

Hi everyone

Hi,

I'm clearly new here when it comes to interacting with the community, but I've viewed the forums many times beforehand, so I know a few things that I shouldn't do :P

Anyways, I'm relativly new into the airsoft world, with only having a little experience with the el-cheapo canadian tire guns (which are obviously nothing compared to an AEG). I'm looking into getting an AEG sometime soon, but I've decided to hang back and see what happens with 007 airsoft, since that is probably were I would order from (My dad bought an M16A2 from there, it took a few months to arrive, but that's probably because we have THE best customs officials in the world).

I've had my eye on a Classic Army M15A4, and have read some reviews, and it looks like a decent gun. I've done my time in the Canadian Forces, so using an M15A4 won't be to bad, since the basic idea is the same as the C7A1 I used, aside from the fact this is airsoft, and that was real. Out of curiosity, does anyone have anything to say about the M15A4? Problems you've encountered, common upgrades?

I'm also a little unsure about BB weight and battery amperage. My dad had 0.25g's for his M16, and an 8.4V 2400mAH Ni-CD battery. I plan on an 8.4V 3600mAH Ni-MH battery, and probably 0.25g BBs, which I would assume is a decent weight for outdoor play (mainly forest enviroment). And the battery won't blow out my gearbox or motor, right? I want to put a PDI 150% spring in it (will jump it to 350FPS hopefully), aswell as a 6.03mm barrel.

I look forward to my future here, and I hope to be able to jump into some organized games soon
unit757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 21:43   #2
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Super off-topic.. Do you know someone by the name of Matthew Sheridan? He is/was from Brockville... Not too many people you find are from Brockville lol.
Old April 10th, 2008, 21:48   #3
Alexei

Yea heres some advice, get age verified and a whole world of airsoft will be open too you, particularly the classifieds wher you can buy anything you will need.
Alexei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 21:55   #4
immortalundead

i love my ca m15, great metal body, it already shoots around 330fps, i think the pdi 150 will bring your gun over 450fps and the barrel will add extra, you wont need those pieces for it. welcome to asc
immortalundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 22:02   #5
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit757 View Post
I'm looking into getting an AEG sometime soon, but I've decided to hang back and see what happens with 007 airsoft, since that is probably were I would order from (My dad bought an M16A2 from there, it took a few months to arrive, but that's probably because we have THE best customs officials in the world).
I'd say don't limited your choices and get yourself age verified. You might find a bargin or something. Although getting verified is very dangerous for one's wallet.
Old April 10th, 2008, 22:05   #6
unit757

Ya, I'll make it a point to get verified, just have to find someone :P

@ uji - No, I don't.

@ immortal - I'll have to look into all that then, I was going off what 007 has listed.
Old April 10th, 2008, 22:18   #7
Torque

If you can unit757 you should try to make it out to an event. People will be more than happy to let you try a wack of different airsoft guns so you can get a good idea of what you like. and yeah once you get age verified things will be so much easier to find.

Zombie Emergency Response Operations
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 22:20   #8
immortalundead

hey, sorry, my error on the spring, its shooting around 400 from the looks of the chart here http://www.airsoftcanada.com/SpringChart.html

is your rifle going to be for cqb or outdoors for now? because in its stock form, i find mine perfect for cqb.
Old April 10th, 2008, 22:27   #9
unit757

It's going to be for outdoors, I'm going for the full sized rifle. There isn't much CQB around here, unless you count thick forest as CQB lol (We've got 2 places, both are large private propertys, mainly forest.)

I'll keep an eye out and try to find an event I can show up for.
Old April 10th, 2008, 22:31   #10
immortalundead

that spring should be good for outdoors then, since as far as i know, most fields have rifles max at 400fps for outdoors.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General