bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
MadBull BB passed Europe regulations

Simon just sent in this news about his new BB's

Quote:
Dear Airsoft players,

Happy Chinese New Year!
We (MadBull & BLS) are trying very hard to provide you the best quality BB with the best formulas.
We already have certification for the following materials and we will have more after Chinese New Year!
Our detail BB information:
http://www.madbullairsoft.com/BB

a. P-Life materials Bio BB: P-life is the material registered under FDA 21CFR 177.1520 test standard.

b. P-Life materials degradability: Passed by CERI-Japan; Hong Kong Productivity Council; Smithers Rapra Technology Limited (UK/ Hong Kong); SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden; Star ColorCo. Ltd. (We are following P-Life’s formula to add PP/ PE to make Bio BB.)

C. TUV Rheinland (REACH Regulation): Passed

D. TUV Rheinland (Cadmium; Lead; Nonylphenol; NPEO): Passed

E. More coming!

Detail 74 pages reports:

http://www.madbullairsoft.com/doc/BB%20Report-final.pdf

OEM service available for over 1 ton BB!
Put your sticker on MadBull BB’s package!

bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:43   #2
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Europe regulates BBs? How bizarre.
Old January 28th, 2009, 14:38   #3
bean
Administrator

I think it has to do with the biodegradeable material used in the bbs.
Old January 28th, 2009, 14:45   #4
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Biodegradable....

What a bunch of bullshit. They don't give a fuck about the 200 metric tonnes of clearsoft that gets tossed in the landfills every fucking year, but a few plastic BB's are gonna kill off a species a day.

Retarded.
Old January 28th, 2009, 14:51   #5
bean
Administrator

Yes but one is going to a purpose built location while the other is being scattered across the country side. I see your point but I also see there's too.
Old January 28th, 2009, 14:58   #6
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
I've swallowed my product (accidently) with no ill side effects. BBs aren't toxic in the sense that they offgas or degrade into a toxic substance. I agree with Blackthorne, I think this is just environmentalism run amok.
Old January 28th, 2009, 15:04   #7
bean
Administrator

Oh I agree in that too. I think its due to a lot of fields in Europe requiring bio bb's. My friend played there when he was going to school and almost all fields required it around him. So I assume some certification was made to prove it actually biodegrades.
Old February 15th, 2009, 19:44   #8
Staverous

Send a message via MSN to Staverous
I see where you guys are comming from with the fact that tonnes of plastic is thrown out a year, but think of it this way, how many BB's get fired per game and from that how many games a year in the same spot for how many years. This is somewhere you are playing that eventually will build up with the discarded BB's. I think it is worth spending a bit more on them so you don't have to worry about a couple years down the road when you could be knee deep in them(figuratively speaking).

Just my 2 bits.
Staverous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 21:00   #9
LUTNIT

There are some BB Bastard BB's I left out at the LZ in Ottawa specifically to see what happened to them long term in sunlight. After a couple months they where pitted and by the end of a season they crumbled when I squeezed them hard. They where gone within a yeah, turned to dust.

Bio Degradable BB's are also known to be more brittle and can screw up inner barrels. One local guy at Border War 1 got shot on the edge of his goggles with a bio degradable BB, it shattered and sent the fragments under the goggles into his eye. If it was a standard BB it would have bounced off the edge of his goggles.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 21:06   #10
LUTNIT

There was also a bag of bastards that was spilled in my back yard (gravel yard) when I was getting dropped off after a game and it fell out of my pocket open. This was last summer, late summer I believe. Now that the snow has started to melt the BB's are still visible but are all cracked and broken. Again squeezing them hard makes them crumble and these BB's weren't exposed to sunlight nearly as long, just cold weather, water, and salt.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 21:42   #11
Skladfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
There are some BB Bastard BB's I left out at the LZ in Ottawa specifically to see what happened to them long term in sunlight. After a couple months they where pitted and by the end of a season they crumbled when I squeezed them hard. They where gone within a yeah, turned to dust.

Bio Degradable BB's are also known to be more brittle and can screw up inner barrels. One local guy at Border War 1 got shot on the edge of his goggles with a bio degradable BB, it shattered and sent the fragments under the goggles into his eye. If it was a standard BB it would have bounced off the edge of his goggles.
well, they have to make Biodegradables easy to shatter. More Surface area = faster decomposition.

anyone care to review the 0.40g Madbull Sniper grade BBs?
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 21:49   #12
m102404
Tys

I've got bag/bottle of every weight that Jugglez brought in.

25/28/30/36/40/43 and the .20 green tracers.

They look good. I really like the sturdy "Bits&Bites" type resealable bags for the 4000 counts...ZERO issues with the bags splitting in transit or tipping over while you're loading.

Colour coding the heavier weights is neat.

Haven't done any crush tests, or shatter tests. I'll get to that in a bit and during the AEG workshop.

Frig...a bottle of 43's is heavy.....moving the skid was f*cking ridiculous.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand