Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM performance

:

Newbie Tank

Old February 24th, 2009, 14:59   #1
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

TM performance

Besides looks, are there any performance differances between a stock TM ak 47, TM m4a1, and TM sr-16?
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 15:08   #2
The Saint

notom66866, you're not going to get very far in life if you're unable to do your own research. You need to learn how to compare reviews yourself.

AK47 uses a version 3 mechbox, which is more durable than the v2 found in ARs. AK47 also has a more recent hopup design.
Old February 24th, 2009, 15:17   #3
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

True, I found a review saying that he v3 gearbox is not as good as the v2, and them I found a review saying the exact opposite. I was trying to get some feedback from players who most probably own both.
Old February 24th, 2009, 15:23   #4
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
The ultimate answer to all questions like yours.

also if your reading conflicting reviews check the source. if it appears to be a fan boy of one thing or anybody like that then ignore it.

Last edited by AngelusNex; February 24th, 2009 at 15:25..
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 15:27   #5
Crunchmeister

Do some research and you'll quickly find out that the V2 is the weakest of mechbox designs and the V3 is quite strong. There's no debate about that anywhere. I'd be interested in seeing the posts you're referring to saying the V2 was better.

As for their performance, I'm sure you're asking about their muzzle velocity. All TM guns perform more or less the same, shooting 260-280-ish fps, depending on the model and barrel length.
Old February 24th, 2009, 15:41   #6
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulcrum View Post
The ultimate answer to all questions like yours.

also if your reading conflicting reviews check the source. if it appears to be a fan boy of one thing or anybody like that then ignore it.
That's not the airsoft answer. The right answer is to get all 3 because you need them.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 15:41   #7
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

It didn't say better, it said something long the lines of the v3 having electrical problems. Thanks Danke and at $250 a pop I might just get two.
Old February 24th, 2009, 16:15   #8
SINN

Send a message via MSN to SINN
okay how about a basic answer.

AK47 generally shoots better and is reliable. the sr16 and ak both use a large battery. the m4 comes with a small battery. the sr16 and ak are full stock. the m4 has the adjustable stock. the sr16 has rails on the front for accessories and the m4 doesn't.

TM guns are all reliable so it really depends on your preference.
Old February 24th, 2009, 16:27   #9
KND
* AV revoked *

Quote:
Originally Posted by notom66866 View Post
Besides looks, are there any performance differances between a stock TM ak 47, TM m4a1, and TM sr-16?
Back to topic, Let me give you a few basic answer.

-AK 47 in general, reliable gun even the clone do the job quite well too. It's using V3 mechbox which is better than the V2 mechbox plus it's using big battery so you don't need to carry a few battery for the whole day game. one is quite enought.

-M4A1 in general, Most common gun that everyone has one even the noob who jus start airsoft has one as well. It's using V2 mexhbox which is the performance is somehow lower than V3 mechbox because of the design. It's using small battery which mean you have to carry a few of them for the whole day gaming.

-TM SR-16, it's basically the M4 in the world of airsoft because you don't need to change the internal of the gun to become the SR-16, it's just the matter of apperance. So basically, this gun has the RIS front set which is give advantage of mountng any accessories and plus it's full stock so that mean, you can use big battery for long lasting in gaming day.

I hope, it help you.

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 16:39   #10
Episkopo

Also, see if you can go to a game and try out each one (if you haven't already) to see what fits you best; what's most comfortable for you. Performance means little if you find it awkward.
Episkopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 17:19   #11
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Stock performance should all be the same, as Japan has laws thats regulate an airsoft guns joule output.

Essentially there are only a only differences between the three, one of those differences is where they house their power supplies.
On the AK its housed in the stock, on the M4 it is housed in the foregrip and in the SR-16 it is housed in the stock as well, the one is difference is.

The next difference is mechbox shells, the AK will use the v3 while the two armalites will use v2 shells. People have commented that the v2 is the weakest shell on the market but I tend to dissagree for my own reasons. As is stands if left stock, or even with a minimal prevanative maintence upgrade the v2 shell should last and perform just as long as the v3.

The final difference that I can think of would be hopup adjustment, the AK will use the sliding style hopup while the armalite will use the armalite turn dial hopup.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 17:29   #12
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Yeah version 3 mechboxes in the AK and G36 series are much easier to work worth, in terms of reliability during use, and during maintenance/upgrades. The version 2 is a little bit trickier and more annoying. Takes more work to get it to perform very well.

Last edited by TokyoSeven; February 24th, 2009 at 17:41.. Reason: Please keep it on topic.
ujiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 17:54   #13
Neil_N

I think the best thing to do is to not post anything if you don’t want to answer. Then the op will give up on waiting and try to find the info elsewhere, instead of getting them pissed of at some copy and pasted comment or link to google. if they intended on using it the would have. Just my 2 cents.

As for the mechbox the only thing I can say is that I personally will be going with the m4 (V2) because of the wide variety of upgrades both internally and externally and as it stands now it is the mecbox I would feel the most safe upgrading/ fixing. Hell when I finish my college course ill just machine one out that is made of a half decent metal none of this pot metal crap. But if you want an in-depth review on either gun go here http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=...rev_rifles.htm

Originally posted by CDN_Stalker
Quote:
"How long does it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?"
Neil_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 22:08   #14
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

So am I to understand that without after market upgrades all " full size" guns will perform the same. And that the only differance besides looks is the mechbox?
Old February 24th, 2009, 22:15   #15
Skladfin

Quote:
So am I to understand that without after market upgrades all " full size" guns will perform the same. And that the only differance besides looks is the mechbox?
mechbox and hop up and barrel length
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank