Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Black or White BBs?

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 18th, 2009, 17:17   #16
ZeroAlphaOne

I use to buy Straight .36 Grey BB's for my sniper rifle because they are very accurate. (Unfortunately they don't make them anymore)
http://www.uncompany.com/pageproduct...asp?prodid=251

The colour also makes a huge difference when sniping because you can get a couple of shots off without anyone knowing your position.

Even out in the open when you shoot at someone and they spot you, they generally don't see the BB's coming unless they are very lucky.

I was considered a real threat to the other team.

You had to be very careful in gaging the distance of the victim, Because you can injure them if you shoot them when they are too close. We have a minimum shooting distance of 20 metres then you have to use a secondary weapon - pistol.

SEG's: TM-CAR15, TM-G&P M4/SR16 Custom, TM-M4A1 Custom, TM-G&P MI6 VN Custom, TM-SR16, TM-M4S System, G&G G4-CQB-R.

Sniper Rifles: 2x TM-VSR G Spec's

Shotgun: Marushin Mossberg M500SSB 8mm.

Gas Pistols: TM-Sig 226, TM-Socom Mk23, TM-Tactical Master. TM Glock 17 3rd Gen.

You Can Never Own Too Many Weapons !
ZeroAlphaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 17:36   #17
marsoncoleman

wow thanks, i think i going to stick with the .25's just because i don't want to pay 5$ more for .28. lets just hope .25's will do good enough with 360 fps
marsoncoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 19:02   #18
Turnbull

You also must consider the terrain in which you're playing. If you play outdoors, you may want to consider the fact that a .28 will out-perform a .25 in terms of bush penetration, as well as they wont be as effected by changing winds. If you play indoors, then just go with .25s.
Old May 18th, 2009, 19:15   #19
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsoncoleman View Post
wow thanks, i think i going to stick with the .25's just because i don't want to pay 5$ more for .28. lets just hope .25's will do good enough with 360 fps
360 is the bare minimum for .28 use. if it shoots 360 or higher, then use .28s
if you cant shell out an extra $5, airsoft isn't your sport. if this was the different between .3 and .28s, then i could understand your economic plight; 5$ more and half as much. but, the difference between .28 and .25 is negligible in price and astronomical in performance for a gun shooting at that speed.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 20:27   #20
marsoncoleman

the BBbastard bb's arn't biodegradable are they? and would they allow someone to buy as much as 15 bags of 2000 at once?
Old May 18th, 2009, 20:29   #21
Amos

Quote:
the BBbastard bb's arn't biodegradable are they? and would they allow someone to buy as much as 15 bags of 2000 at once?
Every BB is biodegradable... the "BioBB's" just break down faster...

Do you really think any retail outlet would stop you from purchasing multiple of the same item?

... Hell, I've bought over 800 bags at one time from BB Bastard...

If you happen to be in Manitoba... I've got pretty much every kind of bastard to choose from (except .2 because they're useless for our field outdoors)
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 20:36   #22
marsoncoleman

so if i keep the bag closed will they last 4 months and still be able to use?
Old May 18th, 2009, 20:58   #23
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
so if i keep the bag closed will they last 4 months and still be able to use?
BB Bastards? Yes, and longer than that.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 21:03   #24
ZeroAlphaOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Every BB is biodegradable... the "BioBB's" just break down faster...
I don't wish to be rude and offend anyone, But I disagree with the above comment, We buy our BB's from UN Company and the normal BB's don't break down. (We have used Excels, Excel Bio's, Tokyo Marui, Straight BB's)

We have been playing for years and the BB's remain on the ground of our fields.

The normal BB's are made of plastic.

We are about to experiment with other brands of Bio's to see how they react / breakdown in the environment.

SEG's: TM-CAR15, TM-G&P M4/SR16 Custom, TM-M4A1 Custom, TM-G&P MI6 VN Custom, TM-SR16, TM-M4S System, G&G G4-CQB-R.

Sniper Rifles: 2x TM-VSR G Spec's

Shotgun: Marushin Mossberg M500SSB 8mm.

Gas Pistols: TM-Sig 226, TM-Socom Mk23, TM-Tactical Master. TM Glock 17 3rd Gen.

You Can Never Own Too Many Weapons !
ZeroAlphaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 21:07   #25
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroAlphaOne View Post
I don't wish to be rude and offend anyone, But I disagree with the above comment, We buy our BB's from UN Company and the normal BB's don't break down. (We have used Excels, Excel Bio's, Tokyo Marui, Straight BB's)

We have been playing for years and the BB's remain on the ground of our fields.

The normal BB's are made of plastic.

We are about to experiment with other brands of Bio's to see how they react / breakdown in the environment.
Normal BB's do break down, just at a slower rate than normal. I've yet to see a BioBB that I've been willing to put through my guns.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:43   #26
Turnbull

Over a long enough timeline, the BB's will biodegrade... It just all depends on how long we're talking Hell, what difference does it make if they don't biodegrade? Not like I'm going to be around by the time that comes back to bite us in the ass...
Old May 19th, 2009, 15:48   #27
marsoncoleman

hey guys i just oredered a crap load of bb's from ascmart, does anyone know how long abouts they take to ship?
Old May 19th, 2009, 16:41   #28
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
/threadjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Normal BB's do break down, just at a slower rate than normal. I've yet to see a BioBB that I've been willing to put through my guns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroAlphaOne View Post
I don't wish to be rude and offend anyone, But I disagree with the above comment,
You're both right.

I've seen non-BioBBs at Wolfpack field from 2004 (spilled outside the cabin) and while they are still there 5 seasons later, they are pitted and some have split (probably stepped on), and they are breaking down - albeit very very slowly. The ABS (styrene) based BBs will break down faster than the very old PVC based BBs (which I don't think anyone makes anymore).

Does styrene break down? Yes, once its outside of its ABS chemical shell, (http://www.styrene.org/science/health/environment.html Dr. Martin Alexander/Cornell University). But there is another point people miss. Its bioneutral. Its not a toxic and at the rate it releases its byproducts, even if those byproducts were toxic, its over such a long period of time, there is no significant concentration to any particular compound to be of worry. BioBBs on the otherhand, breakdown so fast, the possibility of concentrations of secondary compounds is much more real (but biobbs are generally made from bioneutral products as well so its not a concern). So, my point is don't be too quick to judge, there are more sides to that argument than you think.

Oh yeah, and guess what the pipe that delivers your drinking water to your house is in a lot of cases? Same shit that most non-biobbs are made of.

Last edited by Scarecrow; May 19th, 2009 at 16:44..
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 16:47   #29
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
/back on topic

Black BBs are an option and the main desirable property for most people is also the property that sometime people don't realize can be a disadvantage - tracking your shots.

Black BBs are real stealthy. But if you mix them with white you can use the white as an occasional tracer round. My suggestion is to get a bag of black, try a full mag of black and see what happens. They try mixing in different ratios until you get a tracer mix you're happy with.

Just like muzzle flash in the real world, being able to locate your enemy by the projectile signature can be a tactical disadvantage. Black BBs are an OPTION that can help address that, but they are no better or worse than white for all other practical purposes.
Old May 19th, 2009, 17:53   #30
marsoncoleman

yea the ascmart says something like may 28th for shipping, but doesn't that seem a bit long for canada post?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank