Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Cup

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 28th, 2009, 15:13   #16
jameskersten

You're more likely to get a wack in the groin from a whipped stick then getting hit with a bb, atleast a bb that would actually hurt the pork and beans. I don't know anyone who wears one when they play and have never heard of anyone complaining about getting hit there either.

Victoria Area Age Verifier
jameskersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 15:19   #17
Cheddah

This is the special edition air soft cup. But again, only helpful if you are going the full monty! I see people gearing up sometimes like they are going into the Octagon. I would think a mouth guard would be more important than a cup, but remember, protect your nuts!!!

Last edited by Cheddah; May 28th, 2009 at 15:21..
Cheddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 17:03   #18
Drake
E-01

Or you could always use an IBA, IOTV or MTV with the dick flap attached.

But generally as long you aren't playing like a paintballer the odds of getting hit there are pretty low. I'd get good gloves and a mouthguard (combatives types) first.
Old May 28th, 2009, 19:10   #19
ssp21

a buddy of mine used to wear one all the time, untill he was hit in the groin at a milsim we were attending. the bb hit his zipper and i guess because there was no give due to the cup the bb shattered. he told me that later on he was in the bathroom pulling plastic shards out of the inside of his thighs and now he no longer wears a cup.

i've only been hit in the groin a few times and my BDU jacket is long enough that it wasnt really worse than getting hit anywhere else.
ssp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 19:15   #20
Mitchell12
vision impaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssp21 View Post
a buddy of mine used to wear one all the time, untill he was hit in the groin at a milsim we were attending. the bb hit his zipper and i guess because there was no give due to the cup the bb shattered. he told me that later on he was in the bathroom pulling plastic shards out of the inside of his thighs and now he no longer wears a cup.

i've only been hit in the groin a few times and my BDU jacket is long enough that it wasnt really worse than getting hit anywhere else.
Oh man, When I read that, "pulling plastic shards out of the inside of his" and "thighs" were on different lines... I kinda buckled up and shivered at the thought.
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 20:25   #21
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post

But generally as long you aren't playing like a paintballer the odds of getting hit there are pretty low. I'd get good gloves and a mouthguard (combatives types) first.
Agreed. I've taken plenty more off the lips or ears over getting bagged in the nuts. Come to think of it, I can't recall ever taking a hit remotely close.

Again, the only reason I wear one is for Terminator roles where you can be deactivated with a 40mm grenade.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank