Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

P90's 101 Guide/KS P90 Review

:

Reviews

Old January 4th, 2012, 17:08   #16
THe_Silencer

Now all I'm waiting for is for King Arms and G&G to release their P90s!

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 17:10   #17
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by THe_Silencer View Post
Now all I'm waiting for is for King Arms and G&G to release their P90s!
I'm waiting on the KA to be released for the new damn flashhider. Hopefully someone will be willing to sell it to me once they are released
Old May 26th, 2012, 11:31   #18
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
I'd like to take two TM p90's and bump them up to 350 fps. from the stock springs.
Our indoor field here allows 350 or less, any idea which spring will bring me the closest without flying over?

Thanks.
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 14:20   #19
Amos

Modify S90 should bring you right around 330~
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 17:17   #20
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

saw the king arms p90 in action today... it comes with a flat top rail mounted on the regular red dot receiver... really nice..

body has FN trades on it. Plastic quality is between CA and TM from what I could feel... a bit closer to CA I think. The seams of the body halves looked reasonably clean.

EDIT:

Okay, update on pro-arms mags. I bought 2 of these from EHA to test feeding compared to MAG midcaps... They feed reasonably well in my frankengun (currently CA proline gearbox in a TM body/hop/reciever). I don't recall many (if any issues) when I was gaming them. I really like how the end cap is integrated into the body mold of the mag... means the little bastards won't break off like every other brand.

A little worrysome was the number of screws holding the halves together. A MAG midcap has like 6-8 screws... the PROarms only has 1 line of 5 up the middle. Finish is shit, shiny and transparent in one spot, opague and solid in others. Looks like sanding was going on to get parts of it smoothed and it ended up polishing clear/shiny.

Onto the dirty....

The mags loaded about 8-10 times before the following.

here's mag 1

Cracked from the last screw hole all the way to the half seam. Not good for structure.... why?

well...

this is why.

Catastrophic structural failure at the screws while loading... BBs everywhere, blew out the back of the spring hatch... lost the spring hatch.. not that it matters, the mag is toast.

so yeah... it worked ok for a while.. and then it went out in quite possibly the most entertaining way it could go.

I would not recommend these. :P

Last edited by lurkingknight; May 26th, 2012 at 18:43..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 21:50   #21
Short Round
Najohn

What I have learn from using mid caps, never fill them to the max capacity haha
Old May 28th, 2012, 21:20   #22
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

actually with the CA gearbox in the TM gun... the MAGs have been feeding almost flawlessly. Just a few rounds right at the beginning of the mag when fully loaded have a few issues. I have a theory that a weak tappet spring or a bad nozzle to cylinderhead seal is the cause of midcap feeding issues on p90s. Will be testing it in the next couple weeks in this E1 gearbox.. if my new gearset ever comes. I have a bag of 1" springs of various compression rates coming to test. :P
Old December 24th, 2012, 11:55   #23
Short Round
Najohn

Updated the review, weeded out grammatical errors and added some new info to reflect the recently released G&G and King Arms P90s.
Old December 25th, 2012, 03:24   #24
sammynac99

How is the KA P90? i'm interested in purchasing one to add to my arsenal brand new at a fairly cheap price, i've heard pretty good things about it regarging metal V6 gearbox and that the polymer is a reasonable quality, i'm currently waiting for a reasonable quality disassembly tutorial so i can change the spring out for cqb. i already got a G and G CM16 which has worked well for 5000 rounds or so to date, but i find it difficult to use for CQB so i think i am going to have 2 different AEG's to back each other up as i play. these are both reasonable quality companies that i have heard good things about! if anyone has any insight on the KA P90 please share!
You find yourself in the ocean,20 foot waves,Going up against a 800-pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends?You lose that battle.You lose that battle 9 times out of 10.Well guess what? You’ve wandered into a school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion! We’ve communicated.Lion is good!
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2012, 07:13   #25
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Hey Najohn, I'm really considering grabbing a P90 RDS, what brand would you reccomend these days. I used to own a TM and loved it. I would like a metal upper though.

What do you think/know of the TM Highcycles?

Look forward to your advice.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified

Last edited by Gato; December 25th, 2012 at 07:16..
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2012, 09:48   #26
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Not sure what Najohn will say, but having handled a few myself and working on a bunch, I think CA I think is the only one with metal receivers and a RDS... I like the CA gearbox better.. it can use standard v2/3 gears and 7mm bushings/bearings, while the TM v6 gearboxes use special sized v6 gears and bushings it can be difficult to find high end replacement parts.

The RDS is kinda meh imo the adjustment is not terribly great on it and when I used it the first thing I wanted to do was mount a regular optic.
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:22   #27
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammynac99 View Post
How is the KA P90? i'm interested in purchasing one to add to my arsenal brand new at a fairly cheap price, i've heard pretty good things about it regarging metal V6 gearbox and that the polymer is a reasonable quality, i'm currently waiting for a reasonable quality disassembly tutorial so i can change the spring out for cqb. i already got a G and G CM16 which has worked well for 5000 rounds or so to date, but i find it difficult to use for CQB so i think i am going to have 2 different AEG's to back each other up as i play. these are both reasonable quality companies that i have heard good things about! if anyone has any insight on the KA P90 please share!
Buy the KA P90!

KA P90s are a very good buy. It has a quick-change gearbox, metal receiver, performance (internals) is reliable but since it is so cheap, you can afford to upgrade it almost immediately anyways, most of all it is affordable and a quality purchase overall. I plan on getting one in the future. I have heard no problems with the gun from anyone who owns one.

You only start running into problems when you start messing with the gearbox and don't know how to properly reassemble it, which is the most case for most guns though.

Also keep in mind P90s have slow trigger-responses do to the trigger assembly, you will not get crisp pulls like your M4 does, however you can upgrade it to get around this, just takes tweaking and even then though you won't get as fast of a response, but its better then nothing I guess haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
Not sure what Najohn will say, but having handled a few myself and working on a bunch, I think CA I think is the only one with metal receivers and a RDS... I like the CA gearbox better.. it can use standard v2/3 gears and 7mm bushings/bearings, while the TM v6 gearboxes use special sized v6 gears and bushings it can be difficult to find high end replacement parts.

The RDS is kinda meh imo the adjustment is not terribly great on it and when I used it the first thing I wanted to do was mount a regular optic.
Exactly what I was going to say lol.

CA RDS is a lot better then the KS one I got though. I'd say the TM and CA RDS were quite similar, at least the recent models released.

The High Cycle will work fine, its already pre-upgraded so technically you don't need to upgrade it even though it shoots under 300 (shoots far and accurate though)

I will say the CA is heavier then the TM which you might like, feels like rock when I held one.

Pretty much depends on if you want to buy a gun for externals (CA) or internals (TM), both are probably your best choices though.

If you want to go cheap, the KA P90 is a good medium between the two then.

Last edited by Short Round; December 25th, 2012 at 11:33..
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 00:16   #28
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the KA is a good buy from what Ihear, but it's not a RDS receiver. I think the body material is the same as the CA, the molding on the TM and material feels better on the TM body, the battery compartment is not warped. Both CAs I've handled have 1 half of the body in the battery compartment slightly misshaped so it makes certain lipos really tight.

Some say the TM body creaks, I have 2, neither creak. The CA body I had was really flimsy up front. I think the KA might be a bit better on the body side. The gearbox I believe uses 8mm bushings/bearings. I haven't opened up a KA version yet so I can't comment otherwise.

The KS/e1 is the least desirable imo... almost everyone I've talked to say they feed the worst with almost every mag unless you split the body in half and fix the gearbox to hopup alignment.

While both TMs and CA I have had fed fine from 68,90,150,180 rounders. Throw away the highcaps.

Last edited by lurkingknight; December 26th, 2012 at 00:20..
Old December 28th, 2012, 15:51   #29
NeonSaber

I just got the king arms p90, and have a problem. As I was checking it out, i found the quick release button to take off the top half/barrel. Problem is, how do i put it back????

***Problem fixed. Apparently the.... thing at the back of the stock had turned, so I just rotated it a bit and everything fit fine.
(I clearly have no idea what I'm doing)

Last edited by NeonSaber; December 28th, 2012 at 16:11..
NeonSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 06:48   #30
ALlpep

Does the king arms midcaps fit the KS P90?
ALlpep is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews