View Poll Results: Should I order?
Yes, I'd be interested 4 20.00%
No thanks. 16 80.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 22nd, 2013, 21:46   #1
Neko

To order, or Not to Order?

Hey all,

If this is the wrong section, or I am not supposed to post this, feel free to do what is necessary.

I've been pretty quiet on here for a while, but I need some help.

If I were to make an order for some OD fabrics, would anyone here have serious interest in some pouches or chest rigs?
After my last order, I've been a little hesitant as it seems black wasn't such a hit.

Any thoughts?

Here's a few examples of my recent items.

Three mag 7.62/paintball magazine pouch

Chest rig

C02 pouch for paintball rig.

Thanks for your input.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 21:50   #2
ShelledPants

Here's two obvious questions: What is your price, and why wouldn't I order from a major retailer or gear manufacturer?

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 23:05   #3
Neko

Well, the prices will be a little higher than major gear companies, as everything is made by me in what spare time I have.
I am promoting made in country gear, that is made with care and attention to detail not found in a company that outsources to China to save a few bucks.
I believe that people should support their local suppliers.
Thanks for the input.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:04   #4
canabubba

IMO, black is for mall security, and nothing else.

I can see your point about supporting local businesses. The consumer, however, needs to weigh the differences in price and quality. As long as your prices are decent, and quality is high, then there will be a market for your goods.

We've got a guy in Winnipeg who makes custom gear, but regardless of the quality, his prices are just plain silly, hence, no business.

Good luck in your venture.
canabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:09   #5
redneck12

What you need to do is get some samples out guys to review, if the reviews are favourable you product sales will increase. I personally won't buy if the only word on the street is from the creator, I'l wait till there are non biased reviews out before i take the leap. This goes for all products and I'm sure alot of the players here are the same. If your serious about making gear or its just a hobby/side job regardless if you want more customers you need reviews and better colour selections, black is sooooooo 1980's lol.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:41   #6
darkshift

There are a lot of in country gear manufacturers such as Ferro Concepts or Perroz Designs. Their pricing is quite competitive in comparison to the larger US manufacturers. I don't buy into the little guy seeming justified in charging more for the same product because of their lack of resources.
darkshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:52   #7
MultipleParadox

I'd be tempted to say your only avenue, especially if you want to charge more than the big guys, is in niche market in need of custom/unique designs that the bigger company won't produce.

Apart from that, I don't see why I'd buy from you in all honesty. I can get competitively priced, and proven TactialTailor stuff, or Ferro Concept as state above, etc.

I'm all with supporting local stuff, but in all honesty, "what's in it for me?"

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 16:35   #8
Neko

Thank you all for the input.
I can see your point for quality vs price, and I never intended on making prices insane. I only say my prices will be slightly higher because I have had people ask for pouches thinking that I would sell at insanely low prices.
To be Honest, my prices will probably be in the same range a Ferro.

Quote:
I'd be tempted to say your only avenue, especially if you want to charge more than the big guys, is in niche market in need of custom/unique designs that the bigger company won't produce.
I got in to making gear just for that purpose, I want to be able to help someone find the pouch that fits their needs. But I made the mistake of ordering Black fabric, and that didn't spark anyone's interest, so I figured I would try the other "military" colour my supplier offers in the hopes that I would get more interest

I have been toying with the idea of a Facebook giveaway, But I don't know if anyone would want black gear.

Thanks again for the input guys.

Edit* as requested, here's the back of the Three mag shingle. Sorry for the quality, it was taking with an Iphone at the shop that I'm trying to make a deal with.

Last edited by Neko; May 23rd, 2013 at 16:42..
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 16:45   #9
MultipleParadox

Black gear can still be used in certain game types/location

Over here we have some thematic (mostly) CQB games where some player would "impersonate" cops or civilians, where black is suitable, especially considering our indoor "field" is pretty dark.

If you give some away or something to help you make a name, make sure a propper review from the player is part of the deal though

I know I wouldn't mind :P

And Good Luck!

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 16:51   #10
Neko

Well, maybe I could make a Triple pistol mag pouch for a review/giveaway.
It would probably be for a large 1911 mag.
Thanks, I might just do that.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 17:17   #11
zone 69

I would not really be the one to make a review but I can nit pick at your product and tell you where you need to improve things.
Just from the pic's you shown I see the molle strapping needs to be stiffer to be easier to weave in and out of the molle.
And from what I can see the stitching needs to be a little neater to beat the china clones out there.

But that's all I can see in the pic's for starters I would have to have some of your products in hand to test the durability of it.

Coyote brown,OD,tan would be better colour's but a good camo pattern would be nice as-well.

Last edited by zone 69; June 22nd, 2013 at 01:18..
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 17:20   #12
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone 69 View Post
I would not really be the one to make a review but I can nit pick at your product and tell you where you need to improve things.
Just from the pic's you shown I see the molle strapping needs to be stifler to be easier to weave in and out of the molle.
And from what I can see the stitching needs to be a little neater to beat the china clones out there.

But that's all I can see in the pic's for starters I would have to have some of your products in hand to test the durability of it.

Coyote brown,OD,tan would be better colour's but a good camo pattern would be nice as-well.
Thanks,
This thread is actually about me deciding on whether or not I should purchase OD material. At the moment all I have is black.
And I admit the 1" webbing is not the quality I should have ordered. I will remedy that on the next one.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 17:28   #13
zone 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
Thanks,
This thread is actually about me deciding on whether or not I should purchase OD material. At the moment all I have is black.
And I admit the 1" webbing is not the quality I should have ordered. I will remedy that on the next one.
If you are looking at getting OD just get the right shade of OD.
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 17:34   #14
redneck12

If you want to have a go at gear making you have to get your products out there and get reviews done, I for one won't blindly buy an item without researching it and if you get reviews and your product is worth while i am sure your PM box will be flooded with orders. But don't expect anyone to pay better then top dollar just cause your Canadian and a solo operation, thats just going to sink you. Your a new fish in a very big pond when it comes down to it your unproven Eagle and ect are proven.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 17:44   #15
Short Round
Najohn

I wear black gear, so if you want to "giveaway" any black pouches or such I would be glad to take them. Plss

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion