Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Goggles that fit over glasses, recommendations?

:

Gear Discussion

Old July 17th, 2010, 15:46   #1
g`fry

Goggles that fit over glasses, recommendations?

I'm trying to find a set of goggles that will fit over my prescription glasses without spending a fortune on something genuine. Like sub $60.00 range.

Anyone have any experiences with Chinese goggles that fit over a pair glasses?
g`fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 16:05   #2
Short Round
Najohn

Look for a pair of Extreme Rage: X-Ray Thermal Paint Ball goggles.

They will fit over glasses, the goggles pop off of the full face mask, not only is it vented to prevent fogging (thermal) it's cheap, and pretty good quality wise. Go from $30-$60 depending where you purchase them from.

http://www.paintballgear.ca/product/...__Goggles.html

Reviews on the site above
Old July 17th, 2010, 16:07   #3
coach
aka coachster

JT goggles fit fine unless you have some ungodly thick glasses. or you could look for goggles that accept RX inserts.

also if you do a bit of searching, you'll find that the topic was well discussed. you can start with searching for Duckman as he wrote up a couple lengthy post about a year ago or so.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 17:50   #4
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

JT spectra FTW....

I also had that problem... and after trying the trashy JT elite from canadain tire... I decided to go with JT spectra.... (much comfier...)

PS: also look for a pair of goggles that dont fog ... the cheaper they are... more likely to fog they will be...
Old July 17th, 2010, 18:03   #5
blackcaddi

http://www.badlandspaintball.com/gogglesafety.html

Here is a list of goggles you can get but because you wear glass, they will still always fog up on you. I suggest getting a fan like this one attached to your goggles.
They work great.

http://www.badlandspaintball.com/gog...gleaccess.html

Hope that helps.

BLACKCADDI~TEAM SPARROW
blackcaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 18:12   #6
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

also... keep in mind that most ppl only use the goggle part... and throw away the mask part, because you cant really properly aim with it...

So choosing a removable goggle platform would be highly suggested...

For anti fogging tips, buy or make yourself fans, get a "thermal" lens, and also you can try buying anitfog solutions like Fogtech....
Old July 17th, 2010, 18:51   #7
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Being one with glasses i have had the same problem.
ESS goggles work perfectly they stay snug, give great peripheral, and are not too tight to cause discomfort.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 19:48   #8
Flesterage

Got myself Ess Land Ops and my prescription glasses fit with no problem at all, and I find them extremely comfortable.
TM Hi-Capa 5.1
Flesterage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 20:44   #9
Eien

I use ESS strikers.. fits nice. Though I suggest you to remove the black thin layer foam on the vents... fogs like mad if you dont.
Eien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 21:18   #10
Tyrarn

Ess Land Ops with double fan kit for me. No fog at all!
Tyrarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 22:31   #11
noypi

Get the Dye I4s, This was recommended by a fellow teammate and I have to say that this is the best investment I had to date. My prescription glass sits comfortably inside and the lense does not rub against my face anymore (if you know what I mean).

Paid around $140 tax in (bit out of your price range but I highly recommend it).

Here's another review
Dye I4 youtube
noypi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 22:55   #12
Reckless

I wear glasses, have the same issues, lotsa fog on my goggles

little while ago I got the ESS turbo fan clones, I think they are around $65 (we tested the lenses above 460fps @ point blank and they pasted with flying colors)

now my goggles never fog... my glasses do! but I think most of that is the various coatings on my lenses starting wear away/peel.. I'm a mechanic they got alot of gnarly abuse.

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 23:56   #13
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

If you're looking for the full facemask, paintball style goggle, JT flex 8's, anything from V Force, Sly all rock and give you full face coverage. I've found the Dye I4's (seen above) while good, don't cover enough of the jawline, and I'm not a big guy.
The one advantage the JT flex 8's have is that you can remove the goggle from the frame if you want just a good goggle.
If your glasses are fogging, talk to your optomitrist about anti-fog solutions; depending on your lens material some solutions can scratch your lenses.
Just curious, have you thought about contacts? I wear glasses daily, but grabbed some disposable contacts for playing sports; a 'normal' 12 month supply has now lasted me 3 1/2 years! Well worth it for me!
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 00:25   #14
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

ESS Land Ops

Use them for work, fit great for ballistics or prescription, and don't scratch to shit when you put a cover over them.
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:21   #15
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 'Maverick' Watts View Post
If you're looking for the full facemask, paintball style goggle, JT flex 8's, anything from V Force, Sly all rock and give you full face coverage. I've found the Dye I4's (seen above) while good, don't cover enough of the jawline, and I'm not a big guy.
The one advantage the JT flex 8's have is that you can remove the goggle from the frame if you want just a good goggle.
If your glasses are fogging, talk to your optomitrist about anti-fog solutions; depending on your lens material some solutions can scratch your lenses.
Just curious, have you thought about contacts? I wear glasses daily, but grabbed some disposable contacts for playing sports; a 'normal' 12 month supply has now lasted me 3 1/2 years! Well worth it for me!
Do your glasses have hinges on the arms of the glasses (the hinges that allow the arms to flex outward and inward)?

The goggles I wear fit perfect over my glasses since my glasses do have though hinges, however if you do not have that feature that could be your problem.

I'm switching glasses to a more traditional model of glasses however (arms only fold inward) so I will keep you posted on how it functions.

One thing i noticed is that ist does help to have low profile or anything that is rectangular/ovalish looking shaped frames. The anything in the shape of an O or that has a massive lense probably won't be the best choice of wear for airsoft however.

I do wear contacts as well haha but get lazy at times or my eyes will go sore if they are in for too long.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion