Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft-Club and Gear

:

Reviews

Old June 4th, 2010, 14:12   #1
HKGhost

Airsoft-Club and Gear

Airsoft-Club is a new retailer to our site and I figured that I'll do a small review and share my experience. The site is was easy to navigate and sorting categories was a cinch. From the day my payment was cleared til today when it was ready to be picked up was about 8 days. Not bad coming from Hong Kong. So on with the review.

I was a little concern when the CP worker handed me this package. It looked like it was kicked around and things could be missing or damage. When I got all the strapping off, I was shocked that it was shipped in a letter envelope with the little string and button closure thing.

Upon opening, I was relieved that everything was intact and that my items was sealed in a plastic wrap. I flipped the package around and to my surprise, there was a little card that said "Free Gift", YAY .

So I took a good look at all the items to confirm that it was what I ordered and that nothing was damage. It was all good.

So the main review is the mag pouch that Airsoft-Club sell. A lot of people are concern about the built quality and is it too good to be true? The triple mag pouch here was only $6.99 and at that price, I figured that it would be a POS. To be honest, it's not that bad and for the price, I don't care if it gets damaged or dirty. If you're playing only a few games a season or on a budget, this is pretty good for the money. Here I'm comparing it side by side with my Eagle Industries mag pouch (Eagle on the right) and on my Eagle Plate Carrier.

The pouch has a feature that I find very useful and wished my Eagle pouch had. The flap is removable so you have easy access to your mags without having to fumble around with the Velcro.

So over all I was very pleased with my purchase and the pouch is pretty good so far. I'll do a quick update after I put the pouch through a few games and some stress test. The colour on the site looked a lot like my Eagle plate carrier but side by side, you can see that it is off. My plate carrier is Khaki and the pouch is CB so I kinda knew it was off. But the site picture looked the same. Any hoo, that's my review and thanks for reading.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 14:19   #2
Rugger_can

Great review

Im actually very surprised as the stitching done on the repro item is actually pretty damn good, although you can tell they used a slightly lighter weight thread.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 14:20   #3
Rooster
a.k.a. flamethis

Great review. I'm planning to purchase a few soft items there as well. I am currently waiting for my outer barrel from them and in a couple weeks I'll be ordering some BDUs to see how they hold up for the cost..
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 14:24   #4
Gonzo Sleeper

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...t=airsoft-club

Another thread here with some more info on ordering from them.
Gonzo Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 14:41   #5
HKGhost

On the outside the stitching doesn't look too bad but under the flaps where the velcro is, it's really horrible. It's single stitching so it won't last long and they didn't even bother cutting the ends off. Some areas where they think it would get a lot of wear, they did double stitching but they mostly did single stitching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger_can View Post
Im actually very surprised as the stitching done on the repro item is actually pretty damn good, although you can tell they used a slightly lighter weight thread.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 00:45   #6
Short Round
Najohn

Just got my package from Airsoft Club. Ordered a week ago and arrived today within a week!

Packaging was the exact same, envelope with strings. UGH However inside everything was in take.

I bought a Skull Mask (low half) and ACOG Scope. The Scope had little scuff marks but nothing major or noticeable unless you put your face to the thing. The Mask is of decent quality minus the foam on the inner of the mask. Just take some bike helmet foam and apply ontop of the glued on foam. Over very happy with this seller.
Old August 7th, 2010, 20:52   #7
jomor

ordering

Well with all the great reviews I placed an order, and I'm not worried about it at all...seems like that may be the first time to. The thing that kills me is that shipping from HongKong etc takes half the time it does ordering from the states.
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 20:55   #8
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
They arnt new, they've been around for a WHILE now.

Great service, cheap stuff, but VERY expensive shipping.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 22:53   #9
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
They arnt new, they've been around for a WHILE now.

Great service, cheap stuff, but VERY expensive shipping.
yes shipping is a killer, but it arrives more quicker then I thought (Took a week for me to get my stuff).

Best way to avoid the high shipping fees are to group order.
Old August 10th, 2010, 17:31   #10
martin2112
a.k.a martind2112

Send a message via MSN to martin2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
Best way to avoid the high shipping fees are to group order.
Not in the case of Airsoft Club, which calculates shipping based mostly on weight.

Side note to prospective buyers: They'll send you a velcro-backed flag patch of your country, when you buy 3 items or more.

Last edited by martin2112; August 10th, 2010 at 17:34..
martin2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 11:32   #11
Brokenwings

I bought my whole gear from them a while back, it's still in completely good condition. Its a pretty good place set aside shipping.
Brokenwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 20:16   #12
jakster

Well time to see how their customer service is. Placed an order for a complete sniper scope system (scope w/rings, hood and protective caps) Received the package today (Aug 16, ship date of Aug 3) Not to bad shipping wise. Package arrived like what was mentioned here. Only thing is that I did not receive what I ordered and what was on the invoice they sent me. Instead of the Sniper Scope I received a holo sight, all other items arrived as ordered. Sent them an e-mail within 10 minutes and we'll see how they come thru on customer service. I'll update as we go along. Otherwise a very good experiance so far, good coms

**UPDATE**
Think they passed the customer service part, problem solved within hours. They are sending out the correct scope, fingers crossed it makes it here in time for the next game. And they offered me the option to purchase the Holosight that was shipped in error for half price ($25) Shipping it back would have been about $20 so I'm just going to buy it.
So far so good with them I would reccomend them for products and service
**UPDATE**

Last edited by jakster; August 16th, 2010 at 22:55..
jakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:59   #13
PaddMadd
uMadd, Padd?

Send a message via MSN to PaddMadd
I ordered my STRIKE vest from them, and received it within twelve days of ordering, and that was through eBay. I paid about $40 total for the vest which came with a triple mag pouch, medic/utility pouch, and an admin pouch. They were great to deal with, and had good communication.
PaddMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 19:58   #14
TK-604

This is my first time ordering from airsoft-club. This is what's been going on so far.

I ordered a vest, balaclava, gloves and gun sling on Aug 7th. My order STILL says "processing" even though my payment was made through paypal and was completed right away. I sent a message yesterday (Aug. 16) to see what was going on and they said the order will go out Aug 17th and gave me a tracking number. I checked the tracking number and it says "destination United Kingdom" .... I live in Vancouver Canada. I messaged back questioning this and they said they assure me they sent it right and maybe hongkong post made an error. I checked again today on the airsoft-club site and hongkong post and no change on either end.

It's been 10 days now. No package. No way of telling where it is or when it's going to be here or answer why it says "destination UK". I have been charged on my credit card for the items and I have a game coming up on the 29th... fun.

I'll keep you updated on what happens.
TK-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 10:55   #15
BABU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-604 View Post
This is my first time ordering from airsoft-club. This is what's been going on so far.

I ordered a vest, balaclava, gloves and gun sling on Aug 7th. My order STILL says "processing" even though my payment was made through paypal and was completed right away. I sent a message yesterday (Aug. 16) to see what was going on and they said the order will go out Aug 17th and gave me a tracking number. I checked the tracking number and it says "destination United Kingdom" .... I live in Vancouver Canada. I messaged back questioning this and they said they assure me they sent it right and maybe hongkong post made an error. I checked again today on the airsoft-club site and hongkong post and no change on either end.

It's been 10 days now. No package. No way of telling where it is or when it's going to be here or answer why it says "destination UK". I have been charged on my credit card for the items and I have a game coming up on the 29th... fun.

I'll keep you updated on what happens.

hopefully everything turns up for you.

whats the average time it should be in "processing" on the site??

i just put in a order for 4 things yesterday, total of around $100 with shipping, and i want to keep an eye on it so hopefully i get the package asap and not have to wait over a month for it or have any other problems.

obviously it still says processing for my account, but i figure maybe 2-3 business days and then it should be shipped.
BABU is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews