Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KA bbs any good?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:06   #1
Nateman332

Question KA bbs any good?

No idea where to post this soooo.

I found that walmart (DON'T stop reading yet! give me a chance!) now carries King Arms Platinum BBs. Now normally I wouldn't even think about buying bbs from walmart but KA is a semi reputable company and I've heard these bbs are alright. I was wondering if anyone here on ASC has had the chance to try out these bbs and if you have what you thought of them.

(And the reason I mentioned walmart is that they have freaking free shipping! the only reason I'm thinking of buying the bbs from them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nuts31 View Post
My only problem is that all my guns smell like mint toothpaste which kinda disturbs my family for some reason.
Nateman332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:24   #2
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I've got a bottle of king arms .30s sitting here and they're crap
There's a dimple on each one of them from where they sat to dry
Pretty soft, too
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:47   #3
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Whoa, Walmart stepping up their game.

They even carry them in Bio's, lol.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/king-arm.../6000057190468
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 12:39   #4
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

stick with bastards, mad bulls, or KSC's tho im sure there are bbs just as good or better those are easily available well priced and quality
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 14:37   #5
chaz

Bastards or elite force for bios and mad bull for .40's for my basr. That is all.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 18:51   #6
Short Round
Najohn

I personally use KAs and have been for the past year or so now. No issues what so ever with them. I've gotten the same results using Bastards, Madbulls, etc.

I just recently bought 8 bags of the KA Platinum bbs (.28s) from the US Walmart since I went down there for a trip. If you are planning on going to the States anytime soon, you'll be saving quite a bit than buying in country. I think I ended up spending like $90 total so, $11.25 for 3600 rounds.
Old June 2nd, 2014, 23:25   #7
Nateman332

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I've got a bottle of king arms .30s sitting here and they're crap
There's a dimple on each one of them from where they sat to dry
Pretty soft, too
Well I won't be using bios, apparently my gun hates them and I live in a basement which is too damp to keep them in anyways. (now if their non-bios are also soft we have a REAL bad problem. :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Round View Post
I personally use KAs and have been for the past year or so now. No issues what so ever with them. I've gotten the same results using Bastards, Madbulls, etc.

I just recently bought 8 bags of the KA Platinum bbs (.28s) from the US Walmart since I went down there for a trip. If you are planning on going to the States anytime soon, you'll be saving quite a bit than buying in country. I think I ended up spending like $90 total so, $11.25 for 3600 rounds.
so with that plus http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Ki...e-t226487.html I'm getting some really mixed reviews...therefor I'm going to take my chances and just buy the non-bio .25s (I mean with free shipping, to me it's worth it).

Thanks for the input guys!

Quote:
My only problem is that all my guns smell like mint toothpaste which kinda disturbs my family for some reason.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 21:55   #8
glocktank

I personally use Elite Force exclusively on all my airsoft guns, I have found them to be more accurate and jam the least. Although I have tried some KA green gas, it worked quite well.
glocktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 23:42   #9
EchoFourTwelve
Enjoy's Tight Groupings from behind in his Tight Pants

Send a message via Skype™ to EchoFourTwelve
Quote:
Originally Posted by glocktank View Post
I personally use Elite Force exclusively on all my airsoft guns, I have found them to be more accurate and jam the least. Although I have tried some KA green gas, it worked quite well.

Bastards BB's don't jam at all on my guns
Old June 4th, 2014, 09:14   #10
glocktank

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFourTwelve View Post
Bastards BB's don't jam at all on my guns
Hmm, I will have to try those. I have only played in Canada once or twice, as I am from Cali where we don't have Bastards BBs.
Old June 4th, 2014, 11:06   #11
Comeau-SCS

I played with the bio ones mainly. I dont particulary like them. They is a sort of mold line on some of them and elite force / G&G bb fly much straighter for the same price. However there is much worse bbs than king arms.
Comeau-SCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2014, 11:15   #12
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Hmm, I will have to try those. I have only played in Canada once or twice, as I am from Cali where we don't have Bastards BBs.
UNITED STATES
Urban Ops Armory - 205 Philmont Ave Unit A, Feasterville PA 19053 - www.uoarmory.com
Amped Airsoft - 4146 Library Rd, STE. A, Pittsburgh PA 15234 - www.ampedairsoft.com
East Coast Airsoft - 1318 E. Churchville Rd, Bel Air Maryland 21014 - www.eastcoastairsoft.com
Full Auto Airsoft Inc. - 203 Kinderkamack Road, Emerson New Jersey 07630 - www.faairsoft.com

These are the USA retailers who carry BB Bastards already, you should tell your supplier they need to get on the list!

I run BB Bastards 99% of the time, what about the 1% you ask? The 1% is where a game forces me to use their BB's and only theirs.

And I've tried pretty much every BB out there, none of them match the quality of the Bastards, especially when I am still running 4 year old BB Bastard Bio's this spring from a huge amount I bought with zero issues.
Old June 4th, 2014, 22:24   #13
glocktank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
UNITED STATES
Urban Ops Armory - 205 Philmont Ave Unit A, Feasterville PA 19053 - www.uoarmory.com
Amped Airsoft - 4146 Library Rd, STE. A, Pittsburgh PA 15234 - www.ampedairsoft.com
East Coast Airsoft - 1318 E. Churchville Rd, Bel Air Maryland 21014 - www.eastcoastairsoft.com
Full Auto Airsoft Inc. - 203 Kinderkamack Road, Emerson New Jersey 07630 - www.faairsoft.com

These are the USA retailers who carry BB Bastards already, you should tell your supplier they need to get on the list!

I run BB Bastards 99% of the time, what about the 1% you ask? The 1% is where a game forces me to use their BB's and only theirs.

And I've tried pretty much every BB out there, none of them match the quality of the Bastards, especially when I am still running 4 year old BB Bastard Bio's this spring from a huge amount I bought with zero issues.
Thanks! There are quite a few local retailers where I live, so I try to support them as much as I can. Will definitely tell them about BB Bastards.
Old June 11th, 2014, 03:30   #14
Nateman332

ok, so my ka bbs from walmart just came in today, so hopefully tomorrow I can review them tomorrow and get said review up on the reviews forum, so far they look pretty good. anyways, keep an eye out for a review.

Quote:
Old July 10th, 2014, 13:45   #15
Trev140_0

Quote:

You are in a market 10X the size of ours. This is why Elite Force is more common.

It is not unusual for companies the size of Elite Force who is owned by an actual gun company (Walther Firearms over UmerexUSA) focus their marketing budgets where the majority of sales are.

Cue the people here who believe "but Canada is big man"

No...its not.

We have one place in Canada that has really big games.

This is just one game in the state of California (population of Canada) at one location.

FRF - Boron Op: Red Dawn 04-20-13 300+ Operators, massive war! 1080p - YouTube

"....Your life is ending one minute at a time..."

Last edited by Trev140_0; July 10th, 2014 at 19:54..
Trev140_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion