Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

F U G&P! : A Love Hate Relationship (Rant Video)

:

Airsoft Media

Old December 30th, 2011, 14:14   #1
Singuy

F U G&P! : A Love Hate Relationship (Rant Video)

F U G&P! : A Love Hate Relationship - YouTube

Please subscribe if you like what you see
Singuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 14:23   #2
ShelledPants

Piss poor acting/monologue with cuts to the same scene, but the ending was worth it.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 14:35   #3
Singuy

The video was meant for airsoft companies to step up their game. I'm not the type who spends 600 dollars on an airsoft replica and be biased about it. If something isn't right, I'm going to call you out on it.

It's ridiculous for these companies to rip people off with their piss poor engineering. If it was a chinese clone..then fine..but it's freaken G&P!
Singuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 14:55   #4
Boche
I am memel, hear me roar!

Well, I'm no expert, but I enjoyed it.

The Shepherd always finds His sheep.
The Flat Earth has me Levelled.
Boche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 15:44   #5
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singuy View Post
The video was meant for airsoft companies to step up their game. I'm not the type who spends 600 dollars on an airsoft replica and be biased about it. If something isn't right, I'm going to call you out on it.

It's ridiculous for these companies to rip people off with their piss poor engineering. If it was a chinese clone..then fine..but it's freaken G&P!
Oh I totally get the point. But here's the problem: Clone or not, "high end" or not, these companies are still cloning real gear.

The airsoft equivalent will never be close to as good as the real thing.

I know you know that. I also agree that G&P should have rail mounts which don't wobble... It's crap like this which pushed me to buy real accessories for my rifles/pistols. "High end" airsoft is still super shit compared to real deal.

The reasoning behind G&P selling crap externals? Collectors who pay tonnes of money for PR and Marketing, and I don't mean you, I mean people who don't speak up about it.

There is also a massive selection of people who think crap is "ok" quality, until they actually get shown the difference, and often the difference in cost between the two is a laughably small percentage ($50 +$50 shipped to your door for a "CQB" (LMT) rear sight by G&P, vs $70+$50 shipped to your door for a Daniel Defense A1.5 rear sight.) Granted there is often the problem of ITAR if ordering from the manufacture or other distributors in the USA, but you can buy a lot of it in country.

/rant (not at op)

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 16:03   #6
Ross

I bought some g&p mp5 mags. They look nice. But out of the box, they jammed like crazy and the metal shell would start to split open while loading the mag.
Old December 30th, 2011, 21:31   #7
RUSTSPOT
Sgt. Sparkles

one of the problem is that there are far too few airsoft manufacturer that makes solid quality products.to me, being copies is no excuse for being crappy.when i spend money, i want rails that are true to specs,sights that are tight, plastic that dont feel like glass . at the manufacturing cost being as low as the are in china . there is no excuse for them not to be able to copy US made real steel quality product in china for 1/4 of the cost while using machining process ,instead of shit pot metal parts that doesnt fit for half the price of the real deal. chinese made real guns are cheap as dirt, build with steel parts that could fire real bullets. so why am i seeing plastic guns that made of pot metal and crap plastic that shoots bbs that almost cost as much as china made firearms? airsoft players in asia are crazy for realism (because of their laws prohibiting them from owning real deal) they have the money to spend on quality products.theyd buy real aimpoints/eotechs, real tactical gears , real accessories from American arms manufacturers. yet it seems the gun is the weakest point of their load outs. guns that are tough as real steel are only made by the few companies . there is no decent, high value products that fills the gap between the "ok"s and the "best". if i were spending 400-800, i want to see M4s that made of forged alloy and AKs that are par to real sword units.
RUSTSPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 21:32   #8
Amos

Yea, they'll sure get the message.. maybe you should buy a couple more to really get your point across!
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 22:35   #9
IceTray
Majestic Mornings rocking it like a Queen

I'm not gonna rant, I enjoyed it.
Old December 31st, 2011, 00:00   #10
Short Round
Najohn

ha nice ending
Old December 31st, 2011, 00:11   #11
MaciekA

I liked it, and there's truth to the message. Don't let the naysayers get you down, you can let your words and videos speak just as loudly as your wallet does... That's what YouTube is all about.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 00:17   #12
tygr701
"Back to you, Bob!"

Send a message via MSN to tygr701
lol good video and yes it's ridiculous that you pay so much for a gun that doesn't have good quality control. Your solution...don't buy another G&P and make them step up the quality.

TEAM MSF CHANNELS:
YouTube - Facebook - ASC - Instagram

Si vis pacem, para bellum
tygr701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 01:40   #13
THe_Silencer

Yeah it drives me crazy that G&Ps don't come with closable ejection port covers. Probably because they're too cheap to make a separate aeg cover so they use the GBBR one instead. I would never buy a complete G&P gun but I would gladly build a custom one using select parts.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2011, 02:01   #14
wobblypop

haha ending was spot on
Old December 31st, 2011, 02:23   #15
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

hahaha... It's funny cause it's true ..... Anyone want to buy a nice Magpul M4?
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media