Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A question about Beretta and MP5

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 9th, 2010, 14:56   #1
silenced13

A question about Beretta and MP5

Hi, i recently got age verified and i'm just waiting for an update on the site so that i can start browsing. For my first set-up i want to have a MP5 as a main weapon while having a beretta (i'm a resident evil fan =P) as a sidearm. I just wanted to know which manufacture makes the best model / quality for both of these weapons? I heard that TM makes pretty good pistols, so maybe i'll look into their EBB beretta, but as for the MP5, i think crunchmeister mentioned to me that Classic army makes pretty good AEGs.

If i can just get some opinions, it would be awesome!

-Envy
silenced13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 15:15   #2
Augiedoggy18

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get an EBB for a sidearm. That is, unless you want something that shoots BBs at a lower velocity than you can throw them. Also, you may want to buy 10-12 extra EBBs for when your original breaks after 20 shots.

That said, any Beretta from KWA, KJW, TM, or other higher-end maker will work beautifully. I would go with Green Gas personally. You will also have to decide if you want Beretta trademarks on the gun or if that doesn't matter.

For an MP5, you can go CA, TM, or a re-branded JG. All are servicable.
Augiedoggy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 15:17   #3
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
get a CA or ICS MP5 and a KWA M9 PTP

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 16:52   #4
silenced13

what's wrong with electric pistols? Is it because they have a lower velocity? I heard that they are pretty reliable though. I also don't mind whether or not the trademark is there or not. I just like the beretta's looks since it was a gun used in most of the resident evil series =). I do want one that looks and feels most authentic though...so maybe classic army might be a good start?
Old August 9th, 2010, 17:31   #5
GBear

Send a message via MSN to GBear
I can guarantee once you get a GBB pistol, you would not consider having a EBB pistol. Man, the kick makes everything worthwhile. :P I've got a KSC M9. Works beautifully! I sprayed parts of it so now it's a tan black dual tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

I am not familiar with airsoft.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
GBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 17:35   #6
Diabolic Tyrant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenced13 View Post
what's wrong with electric pistols? Is it because they have a lower velocity? I heard that they are pretty reliable though. I also don't mind whether or not the trademark is there or not. I just like the beretta's looks since it was a gun used in most of the resident evil series =). I do want one that looks and feels most authentic though...so maybe classic army might be a good start?
Maybe your confusing EBB pistol with the EBBR (Electric Blow back rifle) Tokyo Marui line up. Get a gas blow back pistol Green gas that is (Green gas is propane, buy a propane adaptor and some of those little green coleman tanks youll be set for a while). TM makes very nice GBB pistols just dont tinker with them, they are made of plastic but after handling a friends TM 1911A1, I couldnt tell it was plastic by feel, I only knew because I read about it. But if your looking for a full metal beretta 92FS I suggest you look at HFC's line up of berettas. From my knowledge and conversations ive had with people they make the best Beretta Gbb you can buy, and they come with a nice little case. Good luck and please heed our warning about EBB's. Welcome to the sport.
Diabolic Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 17:50   #7
Disco_Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolic Tyrant View Post
Maybe your confusing EBB pistol with the EBBR (Electric Blow back rifle) Tokyo Marui line up. Get a gas blow back pistol Green gas that is (Green gas is propane, buy a propane adaptor and some of those little green coleman tanks youll be set for a while). TM makes very nice GBB pistols just dont tinker with them, they are made of plastic but after handling a friends TM 1911A1, I couldnt tell it was plastic by feel, I only knew because I read about it. But if your looking for a full metal beretta 92FS I suggest you look at HFC's line up of berettas. From my knowledge and conversations ive had with people they make the best Beretta Gbb you can buy, and they come with a nice little case. Good luck and please heed our warning about EBB's. Welcome to the sport.
If you think HFC makes the best beretta, then you have been talking to the wrong people.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 17:52   #8
Amos

Looooooooool

If you're a resident evil fan you'd probably want something like this;

G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 17:57   #9
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Or like mine:

Airsoft (2).JPG
Not a RE pistol, but a sexy M9 IMO.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 18:01   #10
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
MP5 ? Get one of last CYMA, best ones I ever had.
Beretta ? Get a CO2 M9 or M9A1 from Kuan Ju Works (KJW), these litlle guys are unbreakable and still work even with negative temperature, tested by putting a loaded mag in the freezer for the night.

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 18:05   #11
Geoffrey B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
If you think HFC makes the best beretta, then you have been talking to the wrong people.
Yeah if I had to recommend any Beretta Pistol it would be the KWA PTP one.
Geoffrey B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 18:09   #12
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_En_Short View Post
MP5 ? Get one of last CYMA, best ones I ever had.
Beretta ? Get a CO2 M9 or M9A1 from Kuan Ju Works (KJW), these litlle guys are unbreakable and still work even with negative temperature, tested by putting a loaded mag in the freezer for the night.
+1 My KJW is awesomeness.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 20:52   #13
silenced13

So, for the beretta so far i see ppl are recommending KJW, KWA and TM. I would love to get that RE beretta!!! but i would have to wait until i can start browsing the AV forums >.>

By the way, Amos, who manufactures that pistol!

Last edited by silenced13; August 9th, 2010 at 21:00.. Reason: adding more info
Old August 9th, 2010, 21:40   #14
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
TM

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 01:41   #15
TaroBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenced13 View Post
So, for the beretta so far i see ppl are recommending KJW, KWA and TM. I would love to get that RE beretta!!! but i would have to wait until i can start browsing the AV forums >.>

By the way, Amos, who manufactures that pistol!
Good luck finding one. You have no idea how much trouble I had to go through to getting my hands on one. On top of that, you can't use propane, since it's an older TM model.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion