Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Site Supporting Retailers > Retailer Resolution Center
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Velocity Arms lack of customer service

:

Retailer Resolution Center

Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:49   #1
shelcoof

Trade Rating: 55
Velocity Arms lack of customer service

Hi ASC users

I know I am new here but I thought maybe I could share the experience I have with Velocity Arms.

I heard about Velocity Arms before I became a member here at ASC from a good friend of mine who also made a purchase on there and recommended it.

I placed an order on July 10 for an AEG, an accessory and some bbs. Current situation as of now, I have not received anything and the requested refund that was approved by one of their staff members has not been issued yet.

Their reason for holding onto my money is that they are waiting to pick up the returned package. Until they pick it up they won't issue anything.

This may sound normal but it has been over two weeks and counting since the item had became available for Velocity Arms staff to pick it up. Tracking number indicates that there was an attempt to deliver the package and a slip was placed to inform them.

Velocity arms staff claims no slip was given that I'd have to wait patiently.

I feel that I've been patient long enough. The gripe that I really have is Velocity Arms' lack of customer service's effort to remedy the situation.

When I first realized there was a problem with my order, I had contacted Velocity Arms staff immediately which was on the 15th of July to allow them to prepare for the situation. Their response was to wait for them to receive the package.

Before my request for a refund I actually tried to work things out and try to complete the transaction.

Upon the notice of the returned package staff members at Velocity Arms had given me two options. Re-ship at my own expense or receive a refund for the items I purchase.

I wanted the item so I had asked how much shipping was. I was told it depends on what my package contained and where I was located.

It struck me a bit strangely because I'd assume customer service would be able to answer this question. If not at least contact staff that would.

I thought whatever the package has already arrived there and I'll find out soon enough. I had told them that it was available and they said Velocity Arms staff were going to pick it up the next day.

A few days goes by and the weekend hits. I decide to check up on the status of my order and had heard nothing back from Velocity Arms. I check tracking and my package is still sitting there waiting to be picked up. I e-mailed Velocity Arms thinking they must have missed my package when staff went to go pick packages up.

The reply back from staff was that they didn't get a slip so they can't get it. I had pointed out that the tracking number indicated a slip was given. Reply back from staff said no slip was given and they are waiting on it to pick up the returned package. Until then sit tight and wait until further notice.

Now I don't mind waiting but I'd at least like to know when Velocity Arms plans on picking up the package. This is dragging on a bit long now.

I had suggested maybe they can do up another order for me and I pay for shipping. I mean the package is there why make the customer wait? It's confirmed that I did not receive the package and I'm willing to pay to have it re-ship. During the time that I had suggested this, all items in my order were still in stock. So there would not have been no problem doing this.

But Velocity Arms staff declined this and suggested I continue to wait. At this point I'm thinking why is it taking so long and I wanted to know when they plan on receiving it.

They're reply back wasn't very pleasant and at that point I requested a refund.

Next reply back was by another staff member and he approved the refund.

Thinking that things were finally going to end there I had moved along happily. It has been 6 days since my refund had been approved. I e-mailed Velocity Arms back and asked when they plan on refunding me.

Their reply back was, after they receive the returned package. This broke me and soon after that reply I went right to paypal dispute.

As a customer this is unacceptable, I understand that there was a problem. I did everything in my power to assist Velocity Arms in preparing for the situation. I even waited patiently and tried to suggest alternatives.

But Velocity Arms does not seem to want to bend and is holding my money hostage until they feel like receiving the returned order.

The package has been sitting there for two weeks and counting now. It is not my problem if Velocity Arms doesn't feel like getting the package. But please don't make a customer wait in the dark like this.

I've had it now and I'm just waiting on paypal end this for me. I really wished this would have went well, as I really wanted that AEG but it didn't. No one should go through this kind of experience. Retailers should treat customers with a bit more respect.

Anyways I know this is a big wall of text but I just wanted to share my experience with the community. I know there are many who are satisfied with their experience with Velocity Arms (my friend included) but I am not one of them.

Thanks for reading
shelcoof
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:01   #2
shelcoof

Update on the situation.

I just checked tracking and at 18.35 Velocity Arms has finally decided to go and accept the returned package at the post office. Maybe the paypal dispute I filed sort of pushed them into the right direction.

No word or e-mail update about this from Velocity Arms by the way, I had to take the initiative and do this myself. Sounds like great customer service as always. (sarcasm)

The good thing is, I'm done waiting for them to finally accept the package.... now the bad thing is I have to wait for them to issue my refund before paypal does.

I guess I may find out tomorrow.. until then... happy browsing
Old August 4th, 2011, 23:37   #3
shelcoof

2nd Update on the situation:

So I decided if Velocity Arms doesn't contact me regarding the accepted item, I thought maybe I will.

My e-mail to VA

"Hello

Tracking has confirmed that Velocity Arm's staff has received the returned item. If you could please refund my money asap I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
my name"

VA's reply back

"Hi,

Your refund will be issued as soon as we check the package is in good condition. Please allow up to 48 hours for the transaction to be completed.

Thanks,
Name of Staff"

Now I don't know about you guys but wasn't the item insured to begin with? Are they going to hold me responsible if the package was broken or mishandled by Canada Post?

I hope not.... now I've been given another excuse for them to hold onto my money. What kind of game are they playing here? I didn't even get a chance to even touch or look at the package and they are telling me they need to inspect it first.

You have your god damn package, give me my money. This is childish!
Old August 6th, 2011, 01:54   #4
shelcoof

Update 3

I'm too lazy to explain anything I'll just post e-mails between me and VA.

shelcoof e-mail Aug 1
Is there a reason why you need to hold onto my money while you inspect the package? I never received it in the first place, so it has never been opened or touched by me

Velocity Arms Reply Aug 6
Hi,

Please respect the fact that we are not "holding" your money. Money takes time to transfer, that is why you haven't received your funds. So please be patient and wait for your money to be deposited back into your account.

Thanks,
VA staff name

shelcoof reply Aug 6
Hi VA staff name

I completely understand that transferring money takes time but please understand that the previous reply I received from Velocity Arms staff said "Your refund will be issued as soon as we check the package is in good condition". That to me sounds like your holding onto my money until you finish inspecting the package. Which doesn't make sense to me. That is why I asked "Is there a reason why you need to hold onto my money while you inspect the package? "

I don't get straight answers from your staff. I've been struggling to get a straight answers from day one and I'm I'm tired of you guys to telling me to be patient and wait. This whole situation could have been avoided if staff members actually took the time to answering questions properly. That's what is called good customer service.

So let me ask you this, did you answer my question from my previous e-mail? Because I don't think you did. All I get from your staff members are accusations of being an impatient customer. Do you think customers like being accused of being impatient?

Anyways lets get to the important question. From your reply back I assume that my refund is being processed? I am correct? If not then please tell me what the status is right now. Is the package happily sitting in your storage room waiting to be inspected? Have you "check the package is in good condition" yet? I don't know, it would have been nice for Velocity Arms to confirm these things if a refund has been processed.

Anyways looking forward to hearing back from you guys.
my name
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Site Supporting Retailers > Retailer Resolution Center