Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Import Airsoft gun outside Canada

:

General

Closed Thread

Old October 31st, 2012, 17:35   #1
monira25

Import Airsoft gun outside Canada

hi, I order 2 weeks ago a airsoft gun from hong kong and its arrive at the custom border of canada and I just wondering if anyone ever order their airsoft guns outside ever get seize by the custom. If my order get seize what would be the solution or method to allow to pass the custom border thank you.
Old October 31st, 2012, 17:37   #2
Stealthee
a.k.a. cloaked

What exactly did you order?
Old October 31st, 2012, 18:28   #3
nstahl.19

It'll most likely get through, whatever it was, I never have problems. Lately its been really strict and if your gun shoots between 366fps and 407fps, there will be no problems. Say it doesn't, you might have to ship it back to the retailer for a refund. They'll surely contact you or you'll be emailed if it for some reason does get seized, and just take action and work it out with them if something does happen, but it wont...
Old October 31st, 2012, 18:41   #4
FirestormX

At first I wanted to write a correction to nstahl's post, but then I figured I would end up giving you bad information too, but then I decided that I had to be a know-it-all on the internet.

The import law is that you can import an unregulated firearm, which is a firearm that fires between 366FPS and 499FPS. Anything below that is a replicate firearm, and cannot be imported, and anything over that is a regulated firearm, and cannot be imported.

The CBSA will look for official documentation for your gun, either within the package, or online (they will ignore any notes the distributor added with the package to say it shoots the legal limit), and if they find that it is not legal, it will be destroyed. You will not be able to return the gun to the retailer. And unless the retailer has money to burn, you will not receive a refund for good seized at the border.

As for what happens if they don't find documentation, I'm not too clear, so don't take this as fact - but, from stories I've read, I guess that they'll likely request documentation from you, and if you can't provide any, it will be sent to purgatory for several years, waiting for the RCMP to chrono it. (the purgatory for years with the RCMP is fact, though)

Of course, you'll be notified if the package is seized at all.

All in all, it's risky business trying to import an unregulated firearm. Even if it shoots the legal limit, it could still be seized and sent to the RCMP for testing.
Old October 31st, 2012, 19:00   #5
monira25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee View Post
What exactly did you order?
A Well L96 that is has a 400 fps.
Old October 31st, 2012, 19:03   #6
monira25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
At first I wanted to write a correction to nstahl's post, but then I figured I would end up giving you bad information too, but then I decided that I had to be a know-it-all on the internet.

The import law is that you can import an unregulated firearm, which is a firearm that fires between 366FPS and 499FPS. Anything below that is a replicate firearm, and cannot be imported, and anything over that is a regulated firearm, and cannot be imported.

The CBSA will look for official documentation for your gun, either within the package, or online (they will ignore any notes the distributor added with the package to say it shoots the legal limit), and if they find that it is not legal, it will be destroyed. You will not be able to return the gun to the retailer. And unless the retailer has money to burn, you will not receive a refund for good seized at the border.

As for what happens if they don't find documentation, I'm not too clear, so don't take this as fact - but, from stories I've read, I guess that they'll likely request documentation from you, and if you can't provide any, it will be sent to purgatory for several years, waiting for the RCMP to chrono it. (the purgatory for years with the RCMP is fact, though)

All in all, it's risky business trying to import an unregulated firearm. Even if it shoots the legal limit, it could still be seized and sent to the RCMP for testing.
dam that is risky for sure and plus i don't have a document I just hope they will let it pass.
Old October 31st, 2012, 19:22   #7
Masterless

Send a message via Skype™ to Masterless
You know ... this is the same thing that every forum says ... do your research. You won't be spoon fed answers. They're all out there already. Get age verified and learn just how many things you can buy new or used. There's a whole other world out there. It will also allow you to search in the AV section of this forum and get proper answers.

That being said, that gun shouldn't have a problem, but if CBSA is having a bad day .... Better by far to get verified (look it up, there are people in Montreal) and then spend your money inside the country where this isn't a problem and you don't risk losing it.
Old October 31st, 2012, 20:56   #8
Jimski

you need to post such topics in the 'age of majority discussion'
also you should have inquired about the ways of doing this before ordering.

I believe you should have asked the retailer to join a note with the parcel that states FPS and such but I'm not sure.

edit: I didn't see you're not verified. oops.
Old October 31st, 2012, 21:02   #9
monira25

well im waithing for the a game that have age verified guy who can do it that are around montreal
Old October 31st, 2012, 21:41   #10
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by monira25 View Post
well im waithing for the a game that have age verified guy who can do it that are around montreal
You're in luck, there's one this weekend.
Old October 31st, 2012, 21:44   #11
XZIVR

Old October 31st, 2012, 23:52   #12
FirestormX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
I believe you should have asked the retailer to join a note with the parcel that states FPS and such but I'm not sure.
The CBSA will ignore the note. For good reason, too. I could import all the replica firearms that I wanted from the states, if I just asked the seller to attach a note stating that it shoots within the limit.
Old November 1st, 2012, 00:27   #13
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

I'm going to import really close to but not exactly but still really close a firearm into firearm hating Canada........THINK. RESEARCH...LEARN...and you don't waste money! Plus haven't you heard? Buying in country is the cool thing this decade.
Old November 1st, 2012, 00:40   #14
JerryMcGoulBerry

I ordered a gun from ACMGear and they just taped a chrono sheet to the package and it was all good. Most well known hong kong based retailers know about Canadian firearms laws and CBSA. I asked them to make sure that there is chrono sheets on the packsge in the order details. Just buy Canadian next time. Importing isn't worth it. And correct me if I'm wrong but Vancouver CBSA seems to be a lot more lenient on importing airosft guns. I hear stories about people importing from asia all the time and getting it passed, but i hear a lot of stories about CBSA seizing guns from coming in from the states. Like i said, all of the complications can be taken away if you order from Canada.

Last edited by JerryMcGoulBerry; November 1st, 2012 at 00:42.. Reason: Forgot to proof read. Too may typos
Old November 1st, 2012, 00:50   #15
nstahl.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post

Then what is this? http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...2-005-eng.html

I tried ordering from a retailer a couple weeks ago and they wouldn't let me make the purchase because the gun didn't shoot between 366fps and 407fps! So I asked them whats up and they said the import limits just changed to 366fps to 407fps. Im really confused right now, I need to get this straight.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General