Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft marksman/snipers cours

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 2nd, 2013, 19:35   #1
Dogman

Post Airsoft marksman/snipers cours

Alright, yes I know this thread has been mentioned over and over again and I sound like a broken record repeating myself but one questions has yet to be answered. After many hours of reading upon this subject I have yet to find a full list of what this marksman/snipers course consists of! The reason I am ever so keene on learning this is because I want to learn the art of sniping. To be able to stalk, engage and take down a target. I find this topic not only interesting but BADASS All in all I just want to hear y'alls voice on this topic and get a sense of what il be learning so I can later teach my son this if the interest ever arises.
P.S What are the age ristrictions for these courses? My sons 16 going on 17 and has been playing for a couple of years and isn't the hormonal meat head most teens are
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 19:55   #2
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Useually 18plus but depending on who the host is they may let you bring him as your shadow but like i said thatll be the up to the host/instructor.
As far as giving you a course outline, it is something that is more or less kept between snipers and instructors. We cant really go sharing our tricks and secrets with everyone as it will wind up being used against us after all the work we put in learning how to out wit and out shoot our opponents.

K can tell you that we learn about safety. Thats most likely the most importsnt thing. We learn a bit about airsoft balistics and how to use them to our advntage.
Camo and concealment.
Threat identification and range estimation. (basically this is the main "test" so we can estimate range and only engage with safe MED's (minimum engagement distances).
Thats the baisics at any rate hopefully i have disclosed enough to peak yourbintrest.
If youd like a good read try the US sniper field manual its FM 23-10
http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/MIL...ugust_1994.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 22:28   #3
Dogman

Dont worry I wouldn't expect y'all to reveal your secrets, just looking for an outline of whats learned pretty much, and you have helped with that. Things like concealment, and using ballistics to your advantage is what interests me. Hell call me weird but waiting and stalking for that one perfect shot is amazing! a pure bore for those COD players who run circles quickscoping but this is truly what sniping is. Being concealed, stealth, quite and deadly. My last question is whens the next course? haha
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 22:38   #4
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

We are all waiting lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion