Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Maintance of Airsoft gun?

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 19th, 2014, 11:36   #1
Henya

Maintance of Airsoft gun?

Anyways... as you can tell im new to airsoft. I recently purchased a Tm based glock 17 and was wondering how to maintain it for the long term. Things such as do i need to clean and lube my gbb pistol even if i don't use it (it's just sitting on the Kingarms glock stand as display). And if yes, how and which parts would i clean and relube as well as which brand of lube is best? Any input is useful thanks!
Henya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2014, 11:54   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

little bit of silicone oil mixed with propane when storing the mags long term.. a little bit of pressure kept in the mags keeps the seals tight, the oil keeps it soft. You can also use pre oiled greengas if you like overpaying for the same thing.

I try to avoid oiling the mags when in use, that oil comes out and fouls the hopup reducing accuracy. Since it's a TM though you can expect the main seal on the mag to blow up anyways from using greengas or propane since it's a higher pressure than 134 gas.

use the included barrel swab and some paper towel with a tiny bit of oil on it to swab the inisde of the barrel careful you don't get any oil on the hop up rubber.

A little bit of oil on the hammer/striker mechanism

some oil on the slide rails of the frame to keep the slide loose, free and moving. Removing old oil first of course, cause the oil attracts dust and dirt.

Silicone bearing oil for RC cars is the best to use since it has no propellant in it, it's just oil. Avoid using spray can oils, the propellant can react badly to rubbers and plastics.
Old November 19th, 2014, 18:05   #3
Slodin

i think the major part is the mags...I know for gas mags, just put some green gas in there..as knight already said. I use propane + silicone at the field, but I use greengas to store it. What I do is usually shoot the propane all out using my spare bbs. Then add like a second of green gas..although leaving propane + silicone is the same thing..But I like to do it the sure way.

CO2 mags..just make sure you don't leave the co2 in the mag before storing it..get rid of it. Other than that its all in the post above..and I'm pretty sure there is a sticky somewhere about GBB maintenance .
Old November 19th, 2014, 18:13   #4
Red62

look up a video on how to "field strip" your gun: it'll help you a lot with maintenance. Big key is to always keep the tracks in your slide and blowback unit (the part between your hammer and the barrel) clean from any dirt or grime (which is often oil and dust). Also, keep the slide track oiled with lightweight silicone oil and a drop in the blowback unit. You don't need too much oil: just a drop will be enough.
You can reassemble your gun and play with the slight a few times to make sure everything runs smoothly. Firing two or three shots will work your blowback unit (don't forget to actually use bbs, or else you can damage the blowback unit)

the best oil for most gas pistols is the Airsoft Innovations GBB oil: doesn't leave residue and it's specifically made for gbb pistols.
**Certified Tornado Tech**Will fix your guns for food and BBs**
Red62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2014, 23:31   #5
Henya

Thanks alot guys ! Also wondering my gun is on a gun stand ill attach the picture below. Its usually on the stand do i still need to lube or clean it?

Last edited by Henya; November 19th, 2014 at 23:42..
Old November 20th, 2014, 13:30   #6
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
If you don't use it you don't need to clean/maintain it.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 14:07   #7
Henya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
If you don't use it you don't need to clean/maintain it.
Thanks!
Old November 20th, 2014, 14:56   #8
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
What a waste of a lovely pistol! That's meant to pew pew others!
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank