Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New to Airsoft, looking for these guns, advice?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 30th, 2015, 12:15   #1
dungeontiger

New to Airsoft, looking for these guns, advice?

Hi all!

My first post on this site. My son and I are getting started in the Airsoft sport.

First, the guns we want to get first:

Luger with Blowback
G18 with Blowback

There are a number of versions of these floating around. I'm looking for something that is reasonably priced (since we are starting out) but is fairly reliable. I don't want it to die after 10 or 20 mags of ammo.

Second, being in Ottawa, I think most of what I will buy has to be online. Do you guys have any sites that I should favour or avoid? I'd be concerned about cost but also warranty / guarantee policies.

I suspect there are two kinds of people in airsoft (tell me if I'm wrong). Those who play to win and those you just want cool guns. I would imagine that those who play to win would choose their weapons based on how well they perform, for example. Me, I think I fit into the other category. I'd like to collect German WW2 weapons and maybe some Soviet (the Dragunov and the Skorpion!)

For German weapons I'd like to get the following eventually (all blow back if possible):

MP-40
FG-42
G43
Mauser machine pistol

Thanks!

Last edited by BloodSport; July 30th, 2015 at 12:40..
dungeontiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2015, 12:21   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
There is almost zero warranty offered. If the guns show up "DEAD ON ARRIVAL" you cant contact retailer and get it refunded most likely.

Google retailers, and you can see the major ones. Rules are against us for sharing to non-age-verified people retail links.

G18 route

WE - Cheaper route if you plan not upgrading at all, gets job done at end of the day.
TM - Best route, most expensive, if you plan on upgrading the **** out of it.

There's a WW2 group around here on the forums... most WW2 weapons are not in blow back, but in AEG / Spring, the blow back versions, if exist or more or likely crappy or no aftermarket support.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2015, 12:43   #3
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Welcome to ASC.

Couple things we need you to do first please.

1) read the forum rules
2) read the FAQS
3) once you have done the above you will realize we have rules about buy/sell requests here (hence why your post was edited).
4) being an adult please meet up with one of our verification reps in the Ottawa region this will open a whole new world of information and access to you.
5) thanks for doing the above.
Old July 30th, 2015, 14:00   #4
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

As far as the two types. They're are more than that but the basics are, "chairsofters" these are the types who care mostly about accuracy (i mean in replication, not so much for shooting, more collectors than anything else) and then those who play to have fun, I'm not denying competition. But a good day shooting your friends (and frienemies) is always good, win, lose or draw play with honour and everyone will have a blast. It's the cheating type that ruin it, not too many of those tho, and they don't last long. This isn't like paintball where those who are best are those who are best at cheating. The best players here are those who are honest and help full to their teammates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2015, 14:18   #5
dungeontiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
Welcome to ASC.

Couple things we need you to do first please.

1) read the forum rules
2) read the FAQS
3) once you have done the above you will realize we have rules about buy/sell requests here (hence why your post was edited).
4) being an adult please meet up with one of our verification reps in the Ottawa region this will open a whole new world of information and access to you.
5) thanks for doing the above.
Roger that! My mistake. I figured it was the usual rules and did not read it. Considering the topic, I understand why that is not the case. I will take care of the first 3 items today and later figure out how to get age verified.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your understanding.
Old July 30th, 2015, 14:21   #6
dungeontiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
As far as the two types. They're are more than that but the basics are, "chairsofters" these are the types who care mostly about accuracy (i mean in replication, not so much for shooting, more collectors than anything else) and then those who play to have fun, I'm not denying competition. But a good day shooting your friends (and frienemies) is always good, win, lose or draw play with honour and everyone will have a blast. It's the cheating type that ruin it, not too many of those tho, and they don't last long. This isn't like paintball where those who are best are those who are best at cheating. The best players here are those who are honest and help full to their teammates.
Cool and that's great to hear. One of the things my son and I have been worried about is cheaters. With so many hackers on-line and so much bad press about paintball I was worried airsoft would be similar given the honour system for calling hits.

We are certainly looking to have fun too. What could be better than shooting your friends for sure!

:-)
Old July 30th, 2015, 14:29   #7
graff

Come on over to the ottawa valley forums if you haven't already

http://www.ottawavalleyairsoft.ca/forums/index.php
graff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2015, 16:27   #8
SuperCriollo

As far as the guns you want, WE (the name of the manufacturer) makes both a Luger and G18. WE is widely available throughout Canada for a reasonable price, however the quality of their guns is highly dependent on the model. Their Glocks in general are pretty solid from what I've heard, however their Lugers are rather fragile according to my research. A little while ago I wanted to get one, coincidentally, to give to my dad. I'm not sure how heavily you plan to use it, but long term reliability will be an issue.

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2015, 16:56   #9
Forever_kaos

If you're looking for WW2 goodies, here's our forum as mentioned:
http://ontarioairsoftwwiireenactors....8307bda7381bf4

Also on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/105223556205413/

If you're looking to join the re-enacting scene, we're a good group of friends and re-enactors.
We do 1 event up near the Ottawa area, OP Woodsman.
Other then that, mostly GTA-ish.

As for the luger - get a KWC one, the WE ones go full auto after a couple hundred rounds, 400-500+, give or take.

Also as mentioned, no GBB version exists of the above.. yet.
Rumor is KWA is working on a GBBR MP40, here's to hoping.

Any questions about the group, feel to shoot me a message.

Welcome aboard, happy shooting!
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 15:43   #10
dungeontiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by graff View Post
Come on over to the ottawa valley forums if you haven't already

http://www.ottawavalleyairsoft.ca/forums/index.php
Thanks. Just signed up and marked you as the person who referred me.
Old July 31st, 2015, 15:44   #11
dungeontiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_kaos View Post
If you're looking for WW2 goodies, here's our forum as mentioned:
http://ontarioairsoftwwiireenactors....8307bda7381bf4

Also on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/105223556205413/

If you're looking to join the re-enacting scene, we're a good group of friends and re-enactors.
We do 1 event up near the Ottawa area, OP Woodsman.
Other then that, mostly GTA-ish.

As for the luger - get a KWC one, the WE ones go full auto after a couple hundred rounds, 400-500+, give or take.

Also as mentioned, no GBB version exists of the above.. yet.
Rumor is KWA is working on a GBBR MP40, here's to hoping.

Any questions about the group, feel to shoot me a message.

Welcome aboard, happy shooting!
Thanks. Very cool. I will check those out. For sure I will get the KWC Luger. I assume the 6mm is better than the 4mm? And I might pick up the Mauser at the same time. We'll see. I will check out those other links too. Thanks!
Old July 31st, 2015, 15:48   #12
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

I love this thread!!!
This should be stickied for all the noobs and old timers alike. As a sort of guideline lol.
We had a new player ask a few questions, was directed on the correct course of action, followed said instructions and was also given a whole bunch of good info to look into.
hurrah for ASC lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 19:47   #13
ccyg8774

Don't forget to do the spring guide mod if buying a WE G18. And don't auto-firing too much.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion