Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CYMA P90 not feeding/firing

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 29th, 2016, 22:03   #1
RX93

CYMA P90 not feeding/firing

I recently bought a CYMA P90, which was working out of the box. After I changed the spring for a Modify S90 to lower the FPS, the gun will either not fire, or fire 1 bb every 10 or so shots that goes about 20 feet then drops. The gearbox works when out of the gun (I can feel it pushing out air) so I don't think it's a compression issue.

My guess is that it's something to do with the hop up unit/inner barrel, but I don't have any spare parts to check that.

UPDATE: I got it working. The issue was that the air nozzle was not seated on the groove on the tappet plate, so a proper seal between the hop up and the gearbox was not created when the trigger was fired (it was seated before when I incorrectly put the gearbox together)

Last edited by RX93; July 30th, 2016 at 14:17.. Reason: Fixed issue that the tread was made to fix
RX93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 23:44   #2
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93 View Post
I recently bought a CYMA P90, which was working out of the box. After I changed the spring for a Modify S90 to lower the FPS, the gun will either not fire, or fire 1 bb every 10 or so shots that goes about 20 feet then drops. The gearbox works when out of the gun (I can feel it pushing out air) so I don't think it's a compression issue.

My guess is that it's something to do with the hop up unit/inner barrel, but I don't have any spare parts to check that.

Any help would be great
Hop up unit on p90 breaks easily... Check for any breakage.

Make sure you push it in all the way. Screws/ shim/plate in the butt stock in place?
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2016, 00:12   #3
RX93

The hop up unit that comes stock looks like really cheap plastic, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was what broke. The plate in the butt stock is in place, I made sure the screws were actually screwing in.
Old July 30th, 2016, 00:46   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

did you reinstall the tappet plate spring?
Old July 30th, 2016, 14:16   #5
RX93

I got it working. The issue was that the air nozzle was not seated on the groove on the tappet plate, so a proper seal between the hop up and the gearbox was not created when the trigger was fired (it was seated before when I incorrectly put the gearbox together)
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner