Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Your stupidest (harmless) airsoft mistake

:

General

Old January 25th, 2006, 21:37   #1
Mafioso_Grande

Send a message via MSN to Mafioso_Grande
Your stupidest (harmless) airsoft mistake

I'm bored, and I figured this might be interesting, just to see what some of the more safety-conscious members have done =) Who knows, maybe some new guy will read this and it'll stop him from doing something dumb.

Here are my two big ones:

1) Target shooting in a spare room with a Glock 18c. We set up a cardboard box and suspended a paper target in the middle with tape at the open end. We were having a great time with the full-auto. Eventually I noticed that the bb's seemed to be recoiling pretty fiercely. When I went to investigate, I found that (hidden behind the chewed up target) the bb's had completely perforated the box. bb's were going through the target, out the back of the box, bouncing off the wall, and coming straight back through the box!

Result: SEVERELY dinged-up wall (counted 70 holes and gave up), trip to home depot for touch-up plaster stuff. Waste of time and money, embarassing explanation to parents (whose place I was living at at the time).

Lesson: if you want to use a cardboard box as a bb trap, put something impenetrable like a piece of carpet in the back so that bb's don't destroy the box.

2) Small game at my cottage with some friends. After careful explanation of rules and safety, one of my friends decided to (for chuckles) unload on another friend at about 6 feet on full auto while they were on the way into the field (they were on the same team, to defend a flag).

Result: big argument. Lots of yelling at the idiot.

Lesson: be really careful who you invite to play airsoft. Even past the magic number 18, people can be immature little pricks.
Mafioso_Grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 21:42   #2
Mr Jon
Trailer Park Supervisor

One time I was inserting a mag into my M11, but when I was on the way to inserting the magazine I some how jammed the edge of the feed lips between the mag well by accident and the resulting slip forced all 50 bb's to eject from the mag. It took me awhile to find and collect those buggers.
Old January 25th, 2006, 21:54   #3
Mysteryfish

I stormed a building with a barrel plug in my pistol...
Mysteryfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 22:01   #4
Greykin

I shot my P90 on full auto while I wasn't paying attention, the barrel condom was on, and the flew off =(.
Old January 25th, 2006, 22:16   #5
swatt13
Captain Awesome

i was playing an outdoor game after it had rained and ther is this 20ft dirt pile we call k2 that has a fox hole at the top of it, so ya i was running up to the fox hole under fire, i did a combat roll and misjudged my speed and distance and kinda fell into the fox hole jamming my barrel into the mud effectivly plugging my muzzle. so while they advanced on me i was trying to dig all the mud out witha piece of shrubbery... ya it was my crowning moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 22:22   #6
Point_Man

Send a message via MSN to Point_Man
Hiding out under a fallen over tree while two guys on the opposite team stroll by. The closer one was about 8ft away. Didn't have a Glock cocked, so by the time I managed to get a bb chambered silently they both noticed me.
Point_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 22:38   #7
mirage13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso_Grande
Who knows, maybe some new guy will read this and it'll stop him from doing something dumb.
Flanked with my ***** hanging out (accident)
Old January 25th, 2006, 22:52   #8
Greykin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point_Man
Hiding out under a fallen over tree while two guys on the opposite team stroll by. The closer one was about 8ft away. Didn't have a Glock cocked, so by the time I managed to get a bb chambered silently they both noticed me.
Awww, that would have been more funny if you tried to fire it without it being cocked and notice then.
Old January 25th, 2006, 22:55   #9
fantastix

Was borrowing my friends gun, and went to jump up, and got an eyelash in my eye. Couldnt see, tripped over a root and landed on the gun breaking it in two.

So I'm flipping out trying to blink something out of my eye that i cant reach due to my mask, while yelling at people to stop shooting while i pick up parts of my friends m16
Old January 25th, 2006, 22:57   #10
concept_8

Making a run for cover behind a car in jungle boots on a slate rock surface while it was raining.
Needless to say it lead me from a verticle stance to a more horizontal one fast and hard lol.
Old January 25th, 2006, 23:05   #11
rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryfish
I stormed a building with a barrel plug in my pistol...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 23:05   #12
firemachine69

Accidentally popped my mask up at PB Nation, near the field entrance, but still on the field.

Thanks for whoever pointed that out to me, coulda ended very differently. :shock:

Harmless mistake?

Came John Woo style around a corner, only to get the infamous slide lock on my first shot. DOH! :lol:
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 23:11   #13
Sniper Steve

Send a message via MSN to Sniper Steve
I was loading some mags in my living room and bag of about 4000 BBs fell all over the floor because my cat knocked it over.
Sniper Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 23:15   #14
firemachine69

Had that happened too in my old apartment...

And my girlfriend insisted on picking them all up before I moved out... :lol:
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 23:17   #15
FNG

My biggest mistake was thinking I'd only have one AEG and a sidearm. Stupid...stupid...stupid.
FNG is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General